PDA

View Full Version : Mustardseed (Anna)

Firefox
08-08-2012, 01:15
I just learned now from her Facebook page that Anna passed away yesterday (lung cancer + complications)

She did manage to come to one meet with us last Autumn at Farndon before her final illness.

scampa
08-08-2012, 02:35
That's so, so, sad. I never met her myself , though she was one of our friends on here. Anna spoke of being ill a few weeks ago , but I didn't know that it was so serious.

My sincere condolences to her family and all of her friends.

Rest in peace Anna. x

Firefox
08-08-2012, 02:58
I only met her once at Farndon, but she had such a lot of life and charisma.

She didn't want people to know about her illness, but her postings on Facebook became very sad and she was only in her 40's; such a lot still to give.

Another true wild camper and festival goer.

kimbowbill
08-08-2012, 05:48
Oh dear, I met Anna at Farndon, how sad, R.I.P lass

Tbear
08-08-2012, 05:57
Only met her once. I had no idea she was so ill. What a very brave women she must have been to hide it so well.

Richard

herbenny
08-08-2012, 07:48
That is so sad ....our paths did not cross and I never met this lady but I still feel the sadness of a life that has ended at no age. It hits home how we should just live for the moment and live each day like its our last on earth.

Rest in peace Anna x

donkey too
08-08-2012, 08:38
I also met Anna at Farndon and we spoke at length about Cancer and the psychological side of the disease. She gave me so much encouragement at a time when I was going through a Cancer scare. Anna along with a couple more on this forum kept my head together when this (big strong brave ex professional soldier) was scared witless and had no one else to turn to. She was such a lovely, brave and selfless woman who will be missed by many. I certainly shall never forget her.

This is another reminder of what this forum and its members are all about.

Firefox
08-08-2012, 15:29
If anyone would like to add their thoughts or condolences there is now a public facebook page for her:

RIP Anna Summerskill | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/RIPAnnaSummerskill?notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite)

Admin
08-08-2012, 15:33
RIP Anna.

lotty
08-08-2012, 16:27
I also met Anna at Farndon,
Oh goodness how awful, that is tragic. RIP Anna.

kangooroo
08-08-2012, 18:22
I never met her but had heard about her through others and via this forum.

I had no idea she was ill and it's tragic to die so young. So sad.

RIP Anna....

John H
08-08-2012, 19:33
I knew Anna for many years. She used to be a near neighbour of mine and for a time, a colleague. She was always looking out for others and will be sadly missed. My thoughts are particularly with her son Rob at this time. RIP Anna, you were a one-off.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS