herbenny
09-08-2012, 18:03
:

herbenny
09-08-2012, 18:06
S

Apache Two
09-08-2012, 18:08
:sad::sad: I have two lots of taxes coming up and two lots of MOT'S for both the van and the car :sad::sad:
My question is I have a renault scenic car 2006 model its has given me nothing but problems since the day I got it, I swear I will never buy renault again. Anyway the window has slid down and I phoned up the garage they want 355.00 to fix it :scared::scared: .... himbenny away for however long so I managed to get a friend to wedge the window up for now. Can it fail its MOT on this ???

Hi Jac
As far as I know and I'm fairly sure that the only glass that fails MOT is the front Windscreen..side windows are nothing to do with the MOT??:0)

herbenny
09-08-2012, 18:10
Really ???... Phew :bow:

Apache Two
09-08-2012, 18:15
Really ???... Phew :bow:

Jac I've just checked this and side windows are not part of the MOT..Only the front Windscreen..

Deleted user 21925
09-08-2012, 18:23
If it has just come off of it's mountings, Paul will probably be able to fix it himself for nothing!

Funky Farmer
09-08-2012, 18:30
It has probably just come off the slider. I can't see where your garage gets that amount even with a new motor. :mad1:

Funny isn't it I love Renault. Luck of the draw I spose

herbenny
09-08-2012, 18:38
It has probably just come off the slider. I can't see where your garage gets that amount even with a new motor. :mad1:

Pete I will never deal with Renault ever again some people may have had positive experiences I havent .........I have had three recalls with them for one thing and and another all down to faults with this particular make and year ...the last recall I was still expected to pay 100 towards the cost even though they admitted it to being thier fault. They wanted 25.00 off me just to wedge the window up can you believe it ??.
This model has had so many complaints on watchdog its untrue. The sooner I can get rid of it the better.
Never again ! :mad2:

herbenny
09-08-2012, 18:40

Funny isn't it I love Renault. Luck of the draw I spose

We have always had Renault and cant say we have had many problems...like you say some you win some you lose :)

theteapackets
09-08-2012, 18:43
Hiya Herbenny, the MOT person has to open a side window during the MOT as an emergency escape route in case they get locked in (!) - just make sure you tell him to use the other one!!!

Our Saab has the same problem with the driver's side. In fact, our Saab has a boot that won't open and an immobiliser that cuts in at will when you turn engine off and takes 24 hours to reset itself! We've left it overnight in all sorts of car parks!!!

My hubby stayed down to our friendly local MOT place last week to make sure that they didn't turn the engine off during the MOT in case it didn't start again ... the headlight that hasn't worked for at least 6 weeks worked ... he was assured the non opening window wouldn't be a problem, neither would non opening boot. However the mechanic forgot not to turn engine off .... so they pushed it onto the brake testing track, which it passed. They then towed it home for us, with it's pass certificate !!!!!!

Funky Farmer
09-08-2012, 18:45
We have always had Renault and cant say we have had many problems...like you say some you win some you lose :)
You will probably laugh. I have never bought a car under eight years old yet. If you buy low mileage like 60,000 or so. All the problems will have been ironed out. i bought my 'W' reg scenic four years ago and have had no trouble at all. I paid 1500 for it.

herbenny
09-08-2012, 18:47
Ooooo could you send your friendly MOT bloke my way please :lol-053: Glad you got a pass after all that. I will make sure I let them know thanks

herbenny
09-08-2012, 18:50
You will probably laugh. I have never bought a car under eight years old yet. If you buy low mileage like 60,000 or so. All the problems will have been ironed out. i bought my 'W' reg scenic four years ago and have had no trouble at all. I paid 1500 for it.

Pete I have another two years finance with this car :sad::sad: ...we are going to take a leaf out of your book I think.

Sparks
09-08-2012, 20:08
Post deleted

jamesmarshall
09-08-2012, 20:31
:sad::sad: I have two lots of taxes coming up and two lots of MOT'S for both the van and the car :sad::sad:
My question is I have a renault scenic car 2006 model its has given me nothing but problems since the day I got it, I swear I will never buy renault again. Anyway the window has slid down and I phoned up the garage they want 355.00 to fix it :scared::scared: .... himbenny away for however long so I managed to get a friend to wedge the window up for now. Can it fail its MOT on this ???

I had a car with a similar problem a few years ago and secured the window in place with clear bath sealant. It went through two MOTs like that with no problems.

gid7
09-08-2012, 20:46
Hi, I had a Scenic and the window slid down - the problem was the plastic clip holding the window broke and then mangled the wire when I used the electric control button.

Cheap and fairly easy to fix.

Front clip Genuine Front Window Regulator Clips Scenic II Green | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Front-Window-Regulator-Clips-Scenic-II-Green-/320594945278?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa4f2a4fe#ht_500wt_1288)

Replacement wire MEGANE SCENIC ELECTRIC WINDOW REGULATOR WIRE REPAIR KIT | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEGANE-SCENIC-ELECTRIC-WINDOW-REGULATOR-WIRE-REPAIR-KIT-/150870261868?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item232091806c#ht_3970wt_1271)

Sparks
09-08-2012, 20:58
Post deleted

ricc
09-08-2012, 22:29
we had a prob with the drivers window on our fourtrak... just swopped doors with the spare one in the nettles out in the paddock.... weve now got a maroon fourtrak with a green wing and a blue passenger door.... tis great for treatening to take the teenagers to school in , can get them to do nearly anything to avoid being seen in it.

Sparks
09-08-2012, 23:04
Post deleted

Deleted user 21925
09-08-2012, 23:08
Don't need the drivers window to open? Good luck with hand signals then if you need to use them.

Hand signals I use are best not seen!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS