PDA

View Full Version : Nhs

Neckender
10-08-2012, 13:10
Lots of people knock the NHS but I've just spent 2 days in Burton on Trent hospital having an operation on my nose :hammer: (not reduction in size).
The proffesional care that I recieved was first class, can't thank the Doctors and staff enough.

John.

lotty
10-08-2012, 19:09
sorry you've had to have an op but so glad you had such good care

yorkslass
10-08-2012, 20:11
i"ve got to agree with you. whenever any of the family have needed care it"s been there, and by and large very good. hope you feel ok.:D

tugga
10-08-2012, 21:24
Its nice to be able to praise the NHS as so many people don't. I had a knee op a few weeks ago, as day surgery. I have to say that the organisation was rubbish but the op was a success.

Cheryl

kimbowbill
11-08-2012, 00:57
you only ever see the complaints, my mum has leukemia she has to have 3 pints of blood every week, the care she receives is impeccable, from ALL the staff, including the Doctors, who usually are a bit arrogant

mandrake
11-08-2012, 04:23
the thing with the nhs is some parts of it are fantastic ,but others are dire .takeour hospital in bridgend the princess of wales ,i have had great service from them cannot complain ,but recently my back prob has returned with vengence ,so the doc advised me to have a full blood and urine test to rule out any thing as he put it nasty ha ha. bowel and bone cancer he means .guess what the hospital have lost the samples how crap a service is that ......... thats the nhs and thats why some worship it and others cry it down ,they save our lives and they are gods they take ages to see you and mabey are a bit off handed and they are and they are angels from hell

Tbear
11-08-2012, 07:34
the thing with the nhs is some parts of it are fantastic ,but others are dire .takeour hospital in bridgend the princess of wales ,i have had great service from them cannot complain ,but recently my back prob has returned with vengence ,so the doc advised me to have a full blood and urine test to rule out any thing as he put it nasty ha ha. bowel and bone cancer he means .guess what the hospital have lost the samples how crap a service is that ......... thats the nhs and thats why some worship it and others cry it down ,they save our lives and they are gods they take ages to see you and mabey are a bit off handed and they are and they are angels from hell

Hi Mandrake,

Sorry to hear about your back.

I cannot tell for sure as I was not there but I am guessing that your bloods where not lost but not correctly labelled. Labs are paranoid (rightly so) about this and would have rejected them. Happens all too often. Too much paperwork. Too little time!

Richard

mandrake
11-08-2012, 16:36
yea mabey so gotta do them all agin when i get another docs appointment ,in another 2 weeks hopefully .made an appointment a few months ago and the witch on reception said nothing for somthing like 2 weeks ,so i acceped it .when it came to the date i was ok but i still went ,when the doc asked me what was wrong i replied nothing now ,but i dident want to miss my appointment seeing as i had waited so long for it

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS