PDA

View Full Version : Swallows and Amazons

mariesnowgoose
12-08-2012, 06:02
I'm a bit worried.

There are lots of house martins gathering on the telephone wires outside our house this morning
(They nest next door and around the area generally). Looks like they are forming a flock ready to migrate.
I shall be sad to see them go. :(

It's only the 12th August and they don't normally migrate until end September/October!

Do they know something about the weather forecast that we don't?!

Ah, well. At least I've now got an old Kangoo Trekka with 4x4 if that nasty white stuff turns up early.

:scared:

kimbowbill
12-08-2012, 06:58
I'm a bit worried.

There are lots of house martins gathering on the telephone wires outside our house this morning
(They nest next door and around the area generally). Looks like they are forming a flock ready to migrate.

It's only the 12th August and they don't normally migrate until end September/October!

Ah, well. At least I've now got an old Kangoo Trekka with 4x4 if that nasty white stuff turns up early.

its funny you should say this Marie, i passed a large council grit station the other day, and there were loads of cars queuing and council lorries :scared::scared::lol-053: wonder if they've been watching the House martins :wave:

mariesnowgoose
12-08-2012, 07:26
We've got grit mountains in County Durham as they stocked up after 2 nasty winters, then we didn't get much snow and ice last winter.

I hope we don't get a horrible winter. I want to go camping.

I know, I'll get a unimog! <drifts off into wild dreams....> :lol-053:

Check this out. Posher than our house and only $400,000.
Hmm. Think we'll have one each? :lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

Custom-Built GXV Expedition Vehicles - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6WlMVmoGyM)

bigmillie
12-08-2012, 07:38
I'm a bit worried.

Watch ITV 3 tonight at 2100 all will be explained :scared::scared:

mariesnowgoose
12-08-2012, 07:46
He he.

Couple's shock as they wake to find 500 house martins perched on their home | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2034766/Couples-shock-wake-500-house-martins-perched-home.html)

scampa
12-08-2012, 15:58
As far as I know, house martins don't really bother motorhomers, but strangely, they seem to Love caravans........

The Housemartins ~ Caravan of Love - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOazKHM7UM) :)

mariesnowgoose
12-08-2012, 16:41
OK. I know what the problem is. This site is getting too big :lol-053:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS