PDA

View Full Version : mechanicking

n brown
14-08-2012, 17:42
spent most of today under the van thinking up new words to describe the moron who decided where to put the fuel filter.finally changed it and didn't cure the problem.tomorrow i will be in the engine compartment thinking up more names for the moron who thought that making the fuel shut off solenoid out of soft metal so the spanner strips was a good idea.if that don't fix it then i have exactly what i had years ago with my bedford tk,a van that only does 40 mph! brilliant

canalwheeler
14-08-2012, 17:47
40mph?? In my day we dreamed of doing 40mph. How does the lickle man with the flag stay in front? Has 'e got one of them two-wheeled moto-sickle thingies?

[The human body wuz only designed to travel at 4mph. Any faster and when you bang into something, it hurts.]

Uncle Tone

Funky Farmer
14-08-2012, 18:21
Have you changed the cut off valve? If you have, and there is no difference, look at the injector pump drive belt. Make sure it hasn't slipped a notch. You ain't got a dicky nesting in your air filter have ya? We did on a tractor once. Tractor was out of commission for a month

n brown
14-08-2012, 18:28
shutoff next job,don't think its the pump drive,as it did this slow stuff in wales,then it went back to normal for over a hundred miles,now its slow again

Funky Farmer
14-08-2012, 18:31
shutoff next job,don't think its the pump drive,as it did this slow stuff in wales,then it went back to normal for over a hundred miles,now its slow again

How old is the vehicle? It might be worth a trundle down to a garage for diagnosis on their computer

Burtie
14-08-2012, 18:33
Thats right I've also been under my van
and it's the same here you always get one of those
bolts or nuts that doesn't want to turn
then just when you think it's gone after
banging your knuckles up the spanner
has rounded it off so I've soaked them in
wd40 the bolts not my knuckles and try
again tomorrow

n brown
14-08-2012, 18:44
How old is the vehicle? It might be worth a trundle down to a garage for diagnosis on their computer

it happened a couple of years ago and 35 quid on diagnostic showed no problem,and this diesel pump 'expert' tried to convince me i was imagining the problem!finally bit the bullet and took it to a garage,something i've never done before,and was charged nearly 200 quid to be told it was the shutoff,which they squirted with wd40 and put back in.so it took these skilled guys 3 hours to find and fix a simple problem.unfortunately this time the engine sounds different,a bit tractory.see what transpires tomorrow when the part comes

Funky Farmer
14-08-2012, 18:48
it happened a couple of years ago and 35 quid on diagnostic showed no problem,and this diesel pump 'expert' tried to convince me i was imagining the problem!finally bit the bullet and took it to a garage,something i've never done before,and was charged nearly 200 quid to be told it was the shutoff,which they squirted with wd40 and put back in.so it took these skilled guys 3 hours to find and fix a simple problem.unfortunately this time the engine sounds different,a bit tractory.see what transpires tomorrow when the part comes Tractory LOL You expect that at upwards of 80,000 :idea-007:

It certainly sounds like the shutoff playing up.

vwalan
14-08-2012, 19:06
hi. dont know what vehicle you have but lots have a small filter by the banjo bolt of the fuel entry into the pump.
have had a problem with my bongo .it was blocked .cleaned it out and runs great. its a very fine brass type gauze .
seems the mitsubishi pumps have them as well . might look at the truck one one day.
vw 1900cc t25,s sometimes had a similar one on the entry to the carb .poked into the carb brass tube . they caused no end of grief if you didnt know about them .

n brown
14-08-2012, 19:12
i've got a lt35 '03 ,which i found out today is self-bleeding,always a bonus !i'll have a looksee tomorrow ta

landydriver
14-08-2012, 19:50

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS