PDA

View Full Version : It will soon be Christmas ... December 25th this year

Funky Farmer
15-08-2012, 17:10
Ms Funky has started shopping on-line already. Do I get consulted about anything? No, is the answer. Just hand over me debit card, when needed.
Things have changed since I were a nipper. I used to work a 30 hour day down the pit try telling the kids to day that . They all want something for nothing . We were so poor had only one plate for family of 15, had to share it, take turns using it. Those were t'days.

Can't wait! Looking forward to a segment of a chocolate orange, if I can get there before the bloomin' dogs! Probably have to settle for a rotten walnut:rolleyes2:

snowbirds
15-08-2012, 17:21
Hi FF,

I haven't had my third holiday this year yet,so please don't mention Christmas, credit cards and choc-chocs as my wife will hear.Also please note Christmas Blog section does not come on line till 32nd October.:banana::banana:

Snowbirds.

Ms Funky has started shopping on-line already. Do I get consulted about anything? No, is the answer. Just hand over me debit card, when needed.
Things have changed since I were a nipper. I used to work a 30 hour day down the pit try telling the kids to day that . They all want something for nothing . We were so poor had only one plate for family of 15, had to share it, take turns using it. Those were t'days.

Can't wait! Looking forward to a segment of a chocolate orange, if I can get there before the bloomin' dogs! Probably have to settle for a rotten walnut:rolleyes2:

Doodles
15-08-2012, 17:28
Bah Humbug :sleep-040:

oldish hippy
15-08-2012, 17:31
oh no another bl""""""""""y xmas not looking forward to it again please can we ban the subject till closer to the date just be another day nothing special here

snowbirds
15-08-2012, 17:36
Hi OH

Sorry mate but FF started it!!!

Snowbirds.:king:

oh no another bl""""""""""y xmas not looking forward to it again please can we ban the subject till closer to the date just be another day nothing special here

Funky Farmer
15-08-2012, 17:39

Grumbleweed :lol-049:

vindiboy
15-08-2012, 17:40
just been to Asda, they have a Mountain of Quality Street and Roses Chocolates so that is a sure sign of Christmas, 5 a tin though, get them cheaper closer to the big day ?

Funky Farmer
15-08-2012, 17:40
Hi OH

Sorry mate but FF started it!!!

Snowbirds.:king:

GRASS!!!!!! :p

oldish hippy
15-08-2012, 17:43
i am not a grumblewed i just get no joy out of xmas and find very depressing these day well extremly depressing to say the least

Somelier
15-08-2012, 18:03
Oh, thanks. That's just what I needed - being reminded that Christmas will be here soon. The days are passing fast enough already.

We've had our Christmas destination booked for months!!!!!!:king:

moonshadow
15-08-2012, 18:06
Anyone know a good place to hide away from the festivities, prefeably down this end of the country?

lotty
15-08-2012, 18:07
Somebody told me that the awful programme X factor will be starting soon which means 20 weeks to xmas!!:scared:
This year is going too quickly!

moonshadow
15-08-2012, 18:08
Somebody told me that the awful programme X factor will be starting soon which means 20 weeks to xmas!!:scared:

We bypassed summer for a start!

n brown
15-08-2012, 18:10
i think we should investigate who started talking about christmas first and assume they brought it up as an open invitation to eat for free round their gaff,what a lovely gesture !

iceman1956
15-08-2012, 18:18
Just for those that really need to know how long it is to Christmas follow the link!!!:lol-049:

Christmas Countdown 2012 - Find out how many days until Christmas 2012 (http://www.xmasclock.com)

Funky Farmer
15-08-2012, 18:23
i think we should investigate who started talking about christmas first and assume they brought it up as an open invitation to eat for free round their gaff,what a lovely gesture !

You wouldn't come twice I cook Christmas dinner I shall be putting the sprouts on mid November :tongue: Can't stand half cooked sprouts

Doodles
15-08-2012, 18:27

This is a cruel post how could you remind us of the horrors of that nasty programme and the association that it will produce the number 1 Christmas single.Think im gonna cry :cry:

Doodles
15-08-2012, 18:30
You wouldn't come twice I cook Christmas dinner I shall be putting the sprouts on mid November :tongue: Can't stand half cooked sprouts

I dont really like cooked sprouts lol i like em raw grated into a salad or just raw whole :)

n brown
15-08-2012, 18:38
You wouldn't come twice I cook Christmas dinner I shall be putting the sprouts on mid November :tongue: Can't stand half cooked sprouts sounds perfect ! i love runny sprouts,just like my demented old muvva used to make.and i don't like the gravy too thick,she always sliced it thin for me

mariesnowgoose
15-08-2012, 19:12
Oyez oyez!

For those who will miss FF's hog roast at the October meet, you're all invited round for a second bite of the same at chez FF this Christmas.

PS. bring your own sprouts.

:lol-049:

Somelier
15-08-2012, 19:29
I shall be putting the sprouts on mid November :tongue: Can't stand half cooked sprouts

November? My grandmother would turn in her grave. Sprouts need to be in by April at the latest to be properly cooked for Christmas.:sleep-040:

Deleted user 21925
15-08-2012, 19:55
'Freeze a jolly good fellow.....' Another great offer from Pete, I'll bring me glass- Sure he'll throw in some vino as it's cwismas!

Deleted user 21925
15-08-2012, 19:57

Sorry Lotty, your not allowed to use language like that - I'm going to tell one of the Moder.... Ooops, forget that:D

Funky Farmer
15-08-2012, 20:09
'Freeze a jolly good fellow.....' Another great offer from Pete, I'll bring me glass- Sure he'll throw in some vino as it's cwismas!
I think I have a bottle of meths somewhere I used to use for my Tilley lamp :mad1: I do love a party to go with a bang

lotty
15-08-2012, 20:13
This is a cruel post how could you remind us of the horrors of that nasty programme and the association that it will produce the number 1 Christmas single.Think im gonna cry :cry:

I know, that's how it made me feel when someone told me so I thought I'd share the joy!! ;)

Doodles
15-08-2012, 20:15
I know, that's how it made me feel when someone told me so I thought I'd share the joy!! ;)

:cry::cry::cry:

hdeagle
15-08-2012, 22:22
At least if we get Christmas out of the way, then we can enjoy the holiday ads that usually start on Boxing day.
:eek:

pink
15-08-2012, 23:03
Nooo!! Cant do xmas yet..still waiting for summer! I wish i,d have taken my kids to volunteer at a soup kitchen over xmas,would have been an eyeopener....blimey ff,if my ex had handed over his credit card to me once in a while he probably wouldnt be an ex lol..(am joking by the way)...

Stanski
15-08-2012, 23:53
With the Olympics ocurring I understood the Government extended sunday shopping hours this summer and in doing so cancelled christmas this year as they would use up the shopping hrs early. Might be that I misunderstood the politicians.

bopper
16-08-2012, 09:08
Due to the increase in Health and safety legislation. Christmas will not take place this year for the following reasons:

Santa must obtain a full pilots licence.

Santa's sledge does not conform to construction and use of vehicles act 2011 sec 3 para2: Vehicles made to carry toys must have an unladen weight no greater than 3 tonnes. It must be fitted with proper wings and have all navigation lights.

Beard must be trimmed so that it cannot be caught up in moving machinery and red coats must be replaced with a proper flying suit.

Reindeer must not **** from high altitudes and any laughing and insults / calling names toward a member of a team must cease immediately.

Under the animal welfare act Santa will be prosecuted for using an animal likely to cause distress due to a sore nose.

Elves are now classed as vertically challenged persons and cannot be made to work more than an 8 hour day and their workshop must be equipped with required hoists and lifting gear.

Santa's weight has to be reduced by 5 stone to conform to health requirements in the shipping industry.

A 50 trillion insurance policy must be taken out to cover. Loss of toys overboard during flight / damage to chimney pots and hearths.

All flying objects travelling into British airspace will be stopped and searched for illegal substances.

It is illegal for anyone to enter a private residence through any aperture without the owners consent. Leaving a mince pie out will be construed as an agreement to enter provided the pie is:
1/ Within it's sell by date.
2/ Manufactured on premises covered by the health and safety acts
3/ It must be covered and or wrapped to eliminate foreign bodies entering the product.

Anyone caught trying to pass themselves off as the official Santa Clause (Copyright W Disney inc) will be prosecuted.

snowbirds
16-08-2012, 09:32
HI.FF

You can't beat a good Easter egg at Christmas on your Plub duff.

Snowbirds.

Somelier
16-08-2012, 16:39
Things have changed since I were a nipper. I used to work a 30 hour day down the pit. We were so poor had only one plate for family of 15, had to share it, take turns using it.

You were lucky.....

We were so poor that we couldn't afford heating in the winter, so me dad would suck a Polo mint and we'd all sit round his tongue!:cry:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS