PDA

View Full Version : WHY BE A MEMBER? - Newbie asking stalwarts for opinions

Stanski
15-08-2012, 23:32
Having started our motorhoming only in March to then, at the end of May after losing my job, go on a 71 day jaunt around Scandinavia and beyond we have only just returned to read Phils argument which is very compelling, but would like arguments and advice from old and bold members about being a full-time member.

Also when does a Newbie stop being a Newbie?

Firefox
16-08-2012, 01:11
Definitely worth being a full member for the discounts, rallies and meets where we use the exemption certificate, full use of the board inc PMs, hidden forums, POI download, members packs, card, stickers etc.

When you consider the Caravan/Camping Club costs twice as much for similar benefits it's good value. Ok they have 1000 or so CLs etc which you have to pay for, whereas there are 4000+ POI's here which are mostly free to use. They are not all guaranteed to be available - things can change overnight, but they will generally save you a lot of time looking!

When do you stop being a newbie - that's largely up to you - but a week and 10 or so posts will put you a long way in the right direction ;-)

ellisboy
16-08-2012, 06:50
Because its a very friendly site and you learn something new every time you come on here ! :idea-007:

lotusanne
16-08-2012, 07:07
Having started our motorhoming only in March to then, at the end of May after losing my job, go on a 71 day jaunt around Scandinavia and beyond we have only just returned to read Phils argument which is very compelling, but would like arguments and advice from old and bold members about being a full-time member.

I look at it like this Stanski....I get a LOT of benefits form the site, as most will agree, help. support, laughs, info on places to camp,etc etc and I really value all that. It obviously costs a lot of time effort and money to maintain it. i would hate to lose it and will gladly pay the membership fee to help keep it going

oldish hippy
16-08-2012, 07:19
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/off-topic-chat/21303-cracking-weekend.html need i say more

snowbirds
16-08-2012, 10:10
Hi Stanski,

Some people just need to belong,What does full member mean?,YOU are no longer a FREE person?YOU are a NUMBER, No I am not a number I am a free person.(THE PRISONER 1970s).

Snowbirds.

MORGANTHEMOON
16-08-2012, 10:22
I've just toured through mid Wales and Cardiganshire for 7 nights free! parked up overlooking the beach 4 of those nights. All in POIs.

I've attended a meet near Reading free!

We are having our first Wales meet near Monmouth in 3 weeks all welcome 4 nights free!

But best of all the Camaraderie!

Met some really nice like minded people on here.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS