PDA

View Full Version : bob2273(keeping fresh water smelling fresh)

bob2273
17-08-2012, 05:50
Morning All can any one give me a recipe for keeping fresh water smelling fresh.??????

ellisboy
17-08-2012, 06:41
Drink it quickly or mabe your tank needs cleaning? :rolleyes2:

bob2273
17-08-2012, 07:10
Drink it quickly or mabe your tank needs cleaning? :rolleyes2:

O K but what is the Best way to clean a tank as it is under seats and then the drain taps are an inch above the bottomifi put in Milton how does one rince it if there is allways an inch of water left in

oldish hippy
17-08-2012, 07:25
tilt tank slightly and insert a piece of string in tank through tap and put it lower than tank in a bowl and it will wick up and drain or syphon

MORGANTHEMOON
17-08-2012, 07:34
Keep flushing for a while it will then change all the water in the tank.
Milton in very diluted doses won't hurt you.
Many people add milton to thier water when abroad.

Regular flushing of your tank is good practice.

QFour
17-08-2012, 12:51
You can use Milton Solution that they use for babies bottles. Put in the tablets and fill to top. Turn on all water taps to get Milton Solution into pipes. Top up again and leave to soak. Drain and rinse out with clean water including turning the taps on.

Doodles
17-08-2012, 12:57
This remains a touchy subject for me :sad: i have cleaned the tank at least 30 times now and still i get a green tinge from it.I have used litres and litres of milton now with no change apart from it is clear green and not milky green oh and it smells nicer.

David & Ann
17-08-2012, 14:01
On the road, I always top up water daily. If I am by a tap for a long period, I do waste water, hence the tank has always clean water flowing. I do not use my tank water for drinking or even making tea. Most of my water comes from the showers on the beach. NOTE: some showers and foot showers are salt water, so taste first. In this way I also keep my waste tank quite clean with constant draining. TIP: We wipe our pots and pans clean with kitchen roll, this way very little oil and dirt gets into your waste tank. Yes, I use a great deal of K: rolls.

maingate
17-08-2012, 16:02
Try using these tablets for sterilising your tank. There is also a mine of useful information on this site.

Cleaning, Water Tanks in Motorhomes, RV's,Caravans and Boats | zappysblog.com (http://zappysblog.com/water-system-disinfection/disinfection-of-drinking-water-tanks-and-containers-in-caravans-motorhomes/)

bob2273
17-08-2012, 18:58
Just like to say thanks for all replies seems i was on the right but was wanting to hear from the experienced.Thanks again

Kontiki
18-08-2012, 22:04
Here's a link Elsan Drinking Water Management (http://www.elsan.co.uk/drinking-water-management.html) other than that fit a filter, I fitted a Pozzani water filter & it removes any taste & almost all the harmful bacteria, cost me less than 30 for filter pipes & tap, new filters cost about a tenner & last me for about a season.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS