PDA

View Full Version : Mozzie misery

mandymops
17-08-2012, 19:30
At the Suffolk meet,some of you were talking about an Avon moisturizer which successfully repels mozzies. We've just come back from a place in Somerset which was great except for the clouds of mozzies which,although they don't find me very appetizing,made my poor daughter's life a misery. I meant to write it down at the time but forgot-does anyone remember what it was called?I only remember it came in two different coloured bottles and only one worked.

lotusanne
17-08-2012, 19:34
Hiya mandymops, its avon skon so soft xx

chubadub
17-08-2012, 19:34
Hi, its called Avon skin so soft, dry oil spray

john cardiff
17-08-2012, 19:40
Hi Mandymops

We also suffered recently from mozzies at the balloon fiesta bit all over.
Can't help with avon but I used witch hazel on cotton wool worked a treat.

mrs t
17-08-2012, 19:42
Think what you are looking for is Avons 'Skin So Soft' Replenishing Dry Oils Body Spray, Soft and Fresh smell. The bottle top is turquoise blue. This is what works well with the Highland midgies, not sure if it does the trick with mozzies. When things are really bad I stick the midge net over my head. Keeps them all out and hubby says I look better like that:ninja:.

oldish hippy
17-08-2012, 20:17
you did not ask my permission to come to somerset so that is one black mark lol hope you had a nice time

MORGANTHEMOON
17-08-2012, 20:19
you did not ask my permission to come to somerset so that is one black mark lol hope you had a nice time

Well the mozzies did. lol.

john cardiff
17-08-2012, 20:43
We had an excellent time enjoyed gatscombe farm also,carvery was lush.
Not needed permission since we where kids LOL.

scampa
18-08-2012, 02:59
At the Suffolk meet,some of you were talking about an Avon moisturizer which successfully repels mozzies. We've just come back from a place in Somerset which was great except for the clouds of mozzies which,although they don't find me very appetizing,made my poor daughter's life a misery. I meant to write it down at the time but forgot-does anyone remember what it was called?I only remember it came in two different coloured bottles and only one worked.

This is what it looks like, and the listing also shows the numerous other uses for it! :):)

3 x Avon (Insect Repellent) Skin so soft SSS Dry oil Spray "MIDGES" 3 x 150ml | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-Avon-Insect-Repellent-Skin-so-soft-SSS-Dry-oil-Spray-MIDGES-3-x-150ml-/190707712005?pt=UK_HeathBeauty_BathShowCons_RL&hash=item2c6710c005)

iceman1956
18-08-2012, 08:17
Avon are selling this @ 1.99 bottle (150ml) if you have a local Avon rep you can also save the postage. There is a new product that is supposed to work better but is quite expensive compared with Skin so Soft.

http://http://www.midgeforecast.co.uk/. Normally 6.99 for a 75ml spray

mandymops
19-08-2012, 18:47
Gosh, thanks everyone I'll get some pronto. :D

Ste
19-08-2012, 20:25
I've had great success with Jungle Formula Spray (Factor 4). Just don't get any on your lips, as it makes them numb and makes the beer taste awful.

I also slow burn green grass/fern to create a thin smokescreen. Worked great earlier this month.

However if in doubt, a lighter and a can of Lynx make a great temporary flame thrower!! :hammer:

caspar
20-08-2012, 22:12
Listerine Original (the amber coloured one) mixed 50:50 with baby oil and sprayed on makes an excellent midge / insect / mozzie repellant, smells reasonable, is cheap and leaves you with skin as soft as a baby's bottom, but cleaner hopefully!!!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS