PDA

View Full Version : Inflated egos deflated

Dezi
19-08-2012, 08:59
A timely warning for some of you northern pensioners thinking of running riot down south this summer.

Dorset Echo 18th August 2012

Car tyre yobs told to pump them up again.

A GROUP of drunken men who let down dozens of car tyres in Weymouth were forced to pump them back up again.

The culprits were driven to Asda by police to buy a pump after officers tracked them to a seafront guesthouse.

And two of the three men returned later to finish the job when the pump they were using broke.

Police said the men were remorseful and praised them for doing the right thing.

Dezi :cheers:

MORGANTHEMOON
19-08-2012, 09:01
A timely warning for some of you northern pensioners thinking of running riot down south this summer.

Dorset Echo 18th August 2012

Car tyre yobs told to pump them up again.

A GROUP of drunken men who let down dozens of car tyres in Weymouth were forced to pump them back up again.

The culprits were driven to Asda by police to buy a pump after officers tracked them to a seafront guesthouse.

And two of the three men returned later to finish the job when the pump they were using broke.

Police said the men were remorseful and praised them for doing the right thing.

Dezi :cheers:

More of this should happen.

Funky Farmer
19-08-2012, 09:11
More of this should happen.

Yeah!!!!!! Lets all go and let some tyres down :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Only jokin' BTW lol

oldish hippy
19-08-2012, 09:15
just dont buy a pump from asda

robjmckinney
19-08-2012, 09:49
So the Police have time to drive criminals to ASDA, force them to pump up tyres, no wonder we can never find a Policeman when you want one!
Surely a fixed penalty or Magistrates is a better option, then they can get on with solving serious crimes!

Daiboy
19-08-2012, 10:03
So the Police have time to drive criminals to ASDA, force them to pump up tyres, no wonder we can never find a Policeman when you want one!
Surely a fixed penalty or Magistrates is a better option, then they can get on with solving serious crimes!

Who would then pump up the tyres? It was probably PCSOs who supervised this, it's what they were "designed" for. A much better lesson learned than a paltry fine or the usual caution. They won't do it again nor will any youngsters who read or hear about it. This is indeed what we need more of, in Swansea yobs caught urinating in streets or doorways are made to clean it up there and then in front of all their mates. The council have a team on hand with the materials.

Good job!

stephmac
19-08-2012, 10:21
you're right Daiboy, I have always thought that a Sunday morning trip from the cells for the arrested drunks to the town centre and given some form of punishment like cleaning up sick/pish/kebab wrappers would make them think. It would save a fortune on street cleaners.

kimbowbill
19-08-2012, 10:24
I have to agree with Daiboy on this one, if they got a fine most would probably out of work and have to pay 1 week, they would probably steel something to pay for the fine, police have to attend court anyway, so yeah i think they were correct in doing this, the humiliation alone would have been a deterrent, this is proper policing, well done i say

maingate
19-08-2012, 10:24
Hey Dexy, you must have been knackered pumping up all of those tyres. :lol-049:

mariesnowgoose
19-08-2012, 10:45

Magistrates cost a lot of money (ours!) and wastes time.

A fixed penalty doesn't humiliate or punish them enough.

I think the police were spot on, well done for some proper initiative!

Dezi
19-08-2012, 12:22
Hey Dexy, you must have been knackered pumping up all of those tyres. :lol-049:

Pumping up the tyres was O.K. it was having to open my wallet to buy the pump that really hurt.

Dezi :mad2:

maj114
19-08-2012, 14:39
A BIT OF COMMON SENSE JUSTICE :banana:GET EM PUMPING THEN YOU KNOW THEY DONE SOMETHING USEFUL
WILL BE GOING TO WEYMOUTHAGAIN NOW I KNOW THERE'S JUSTICE BEING DONE:wacko::wacko:

Somelier
19-08-2012, 17:13
Can you imagine what it was like having to pump up tyres with the sort of hangovers they must have had - I'd rather have paid a fine!!

A rare case of the punishment fitting the crime methinks. We need more of this type of policing!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS