PDA

View Full Version : Weather lies.

MORGANTHEMOON
19-08-2012, 09:43
Meant weather lies.

Just read a weather forcast and it said Hot weather to continue.
Well it does'nt normally rain in Wales but it's piddling down at the moment.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/summer-scorcher-set-to-continue-1

Daiboy
19-08-2012, 09:55
Meant weather lies.

My dad always used to say "if you can see those hills over there it's going to rain, if you can't see them it's already raining". Of course you have to say it with a Welsh accent.

By brother used to say " see those 2 houses over there, I lives in the middle one" (again with a Welsh accent). But then he was the one with the good looks.

Daiboy

MORGANTHEMOON
19-08-2012, 16:48
Lovely and sunny here now.

MORGANTHEMOON
19-08-2012, 16:56
You have a much better chance of good weather in Brittany than the West of the UK.
I've spent many holidays around the Carnac area and always been lucky. May venture that way again next year.

MORGANTHEMOON
19-08-2012, 18:09
Last time I stayed in Trinite-sur-mer I believe the site was called camping de la plage we were packed in like sardines but you could hear the waves on the beach. we were caravaners then. can't wait to get back there with the MH.

Funky Farmer
19-08-2012, 19:29
You are welcome to our heat mister. Can't stand it this hot. It was 30c plus in my garden this afternoon:scared::lol-053:

Deleted user 21925
19-08-2012, 19:53
Yup was unbearable in San Neo as well.

Sorry I meant St Neots!

Somelier
19-08-2012, 19:58
Spare a thought for the poor weather forecasters, with all the financial cut-backs, they've not been able to buy a new piece of seaweed, so they're still forecasting with a piece from last year, which means of course that the predictions are at least 12 months out of date!!!!

David & Ann
19-08-2012, 20:25
Meant weather lies.

Showers put dampener on heat hopes - UK News - MSN News UK (http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/summer-scorcher-set-to-continue-1)

Same here in North Cornwall. Must say after 13:00 the sun came out and it was a great day until sunset. Our beach was choc-a-bloc when the dog took me for a stroll over the sand dunes. Bahhhh!!! no dogs on the beach til October. ☺☺☺

ellisboy
19-08-2012, 20:55
Been loverly and HOT here! All day :cool1: :banana:

Funky Farmer
19-08-2012, 21:14
Spare a thought for the poor weather forecasters, with all the financial cut-backs, they've not been able to buy a new piece of seaweed, so they're still forecasting with a piece from last year, which means of course that the predictions are at least 12 months out of date!!!! And there will be a shortage of fir cones this year. Mark my words. I know about these things:D

Bigpeetee
20-08-2012, 08:49
And there will be a shortage of fir cones this year. Mark my words. I know about these things:D

Seems quite a few here and the Horse Chestnut (conkers) seems to be getting plenty and growing in size.

Our garden got watered for free last night again, everything is still growing like mad, our Laurel hedge has been cut this year and desperately needs one again, I reckon it's made over 4 ft growth this year. The lawn is bright green and still loving the sunshine & showers.

Our local reservoirs are pretty full, but they are in the hills where the worst of the rain happens, but they did start from a full level.

If the forecasters want some new seaweed I'll send them some, it's all I caught last week!! Fishing not so good, not even the mackerel, think they miss the sun!!

bopper
20-08-2012, 09:37
The weather here has been as nice as it can be,
although it doesn't really matter much to me.
While you're so far away, each day's a rainy day,
So it might as well rain until September.

Deleted user 21925
20-08-2012, 10:20
Although this track isn't on it, the Tapestry album was superb, one of my old favourites!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS