PDA

View Full Version : Midgie's are doing well this year!

runnach
19-08-2012, 19:35
They're thriving on Avon SSS :tongue:

maingate
19-08-2012, 19:57
The one in your photo seems to have grown since the last time I drove past it. At least someone seems to be taking care of it.

runnach
19-08-2012, 20:02
The one in your photo seems to have grown since the last time I drove past it. At least someone seems to be taking care of it.

I was looking through some old images, and found it, I can't remember where I took the pic, Ardnamurchan or Morven???

tintent
19-08-2012, 20:16
nice one runnach big midgie does look funny when you see him in that lane.Its a lovely area around kentra bay and ardtoe the pie shop in acharacle used to be well worth a visit.Yes we have had to make a run for it a few times from big midgie and his mates:mad1:,but its still on the i'll be back list.:D
John & Rosie.

David & Ann
19-08-2012, 20:21
On Wednesday we will be heading out to our destination in Inverness. As usual, we take the A82 all the way . Will I need a blood transfusion when I get to the other end or are the little blighters already full up with some of our Members fluid by the time I get there.☺☺☺

runnach
19-08-2012, 20:28
They're never full, our last few trips out, Mr's R's bod looks like a well shot up range target card, I'm never usualy not bothered by them, same with mozzies when abroad but, our deadliest weapon "the dreaded midge" got me good this summer.

Who needs Trident and nukes, drop a few million midge on the enemy, no requirement for troops, job done :D

baldybloke
19-08-2012, 20:35
trouble is its a few million per sq foot up here at the minute.................

runnach
19-08-2012, 21:20
trouble is its a few million per sq foot up here at the minute.................

We'll rule the world in a nano second :D

scampa
19-08-2012, 22:10
Talking of midges, does anyone know how accurate the Scottish Midge Forecast website really is? Is it worth taking notice of it and travelling to a lower risk area on their map to have an easier time, or is the info unproven, unreliable or out of date?

I know that the eastern side is less troublesome than the west, but the high-risk areas on their map usually seem to coincide with the busier tourist areas. That made the cynical side of me wonder if it's all a bit of a marketing ploy to target the vast majority of tourists (not necessarily wildcampers) with the anti-midge potion that they sell on their site?

The Scottish Midge Forecast (http://www.midgeforecast.co.uk/)

runnach
19-08-2012, 22:41
Forecast do not get updated any more, the guy who did the updates, was last seen screaming and shouting from a HUGE swarm of midge somewhere near to Rannoch Moor!!

RIP Mr up-dater :D

baldybloke
20-08-2012, 10:18
If the normal weather forecast tells you there will be wind, then thats normally good, as is bright sunshine, the midges then show their ancestry (being akin to vampires they rise when the sun dissapears)

christine
20-08-2012, 12:57
Yes, that's definitely Ardtoe. The little camp site is great there, although he isn't a CL he only accepts 5 units. More pricey than wild camping but at least you can fill and empty if required and there are hook-ups if needed.Great beaches there as well.

Guernsey Donkey
20-08-2012, 14:09
you can keep them on the East Coast - it has't been to bad this year in the Western Isles for a change - after saying that I bet we are in for a plague of them. :yeahthat::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer: :hammer:

baldybloke
20-08-2012, 15:47
Think I would be happier if the wee beasties were to uproot to the east! at present its definately the west coast that is midgie central!

runnach
20-08-2012, 21:08
West and Central Scotland midge are having a bumpber feeding year, three weeks on, I'm still joining the bite marks on Mrs R's bod with a pen, once joined up, it makes an image of a midge :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS