PDA

View Full Version : Favourite food

antiquesam
21-08-2012, 14:43
We went to a Farmers Market on Sunday and I said "A steak would be nice tonight" so we had "oak smoked roast trout". It was alright but tonight we are definitely visiting Wetherspoons for the Steak Night, I hope.

Admin
21-08-2012, 14:46
Hot pork batch (Coventry speak)

Roast pork
Stuffing (baked not just mixed with water and nuked)
Thick gravy
Apple sauce
Crackling
On a nice fresh bap

I wonder why I am over weight!

antiquesam
21-08-2012, 15:02
Sorry Phil, bad topic. I forgot your diet.

Firefox
21-08-2012, 15:36
All fish including shellfish, smoked salmon, and sushi. Chicken, coriander, rocket, tarragon, basil, pesto sauce, couscous, onions and tomatoes. Pomegranates and cherries.

Deleted user 21925
21-08-2012, 15:56
All of the above!:tongue:

Admin
21-08-2012, 16:15
Sorry Phil, bad topic. I forgot your diet.

Has not started yet!

n brown
21-08-2012, 19:37
meat pie mash and peas,i make the pie of course to ensure it has meat in it,and the pastry is low fat but still short.it used to be english breakfast which i've always considered 'the' perfect meal,when we kept pigs,our own bacon and sausages and that morning's eggs,local bakery bread with proper sliced butter,field mushrooms with the dew on them, tomatoes that the pheasants didn't get.brings a tear to my eye

rockape
21-08-2012, 19:55
Hot pork batch (Coventry speak)

Roast pork
Stuffing (baked not just mixed with water and nuked)
Thick gravy
Apple sauce
Crackling
On a nice fresh bap

I wonder why I am over weight! washed down
with a diet coke

runnach
21-08-2012, 19:55
Sea food, just polished off, 2 fresh (caught today) Lobster :dance:

Louis
05-09-2012, 10:56
Hi Antiquesam,
Just finished my egg white omelet with 2 pieces of whole wheat toast. We must eat healthy and exercise daily to maintain health and to stay active so we must watch what we eat. It will not only helps in losing and maintaining body weight but also prevent from major health disease also.

donkey too
05-09-2012, 11:02
Any wild food, caught by myself.

Brecky with pheasant egg omelet and scotish west coast black pudding.

John Wayne steak. Cut it's horns off wipe it's bum and it's ready. LOL But do love steak tartar and salmon tartar.

Deleted user 21925
05-09-2012, 11:03
Just had the Full English, complete with Fried Slice. The perfect hangover cure!:tongue:

kangooroo
05-09-2012, 11:29
Can't beat fish fingers, freshly-baked crusty bread and a slab of plain chocolate!

mariesnowgoose
05-09-2012, 11:33
Any wild food, caught by myself.

Brecky with pheasant egg omelet and scotish west coast black pudding.

Is is black puddin' hunting season already?!

donkey too
05-09-2012, 12:21
Not forgetting good Cornish Hogs pudding.

Deleted user 21925
05-09-2012, 12:26
Or Irish White pudding with Barley.

nesbo
05-09-2012, 14:30
A cracking scotch pancake recipe for the campervan - I usually prepare the mixture in the house on a Friday evening before we go away for the weekend. It takes seconds to do and you can use it on Saturday and Sunday morning if kept in the fridge – its delicious…

Ingredients:
1 egg
Milk 1pt
Self Raising Flour 8oz
Bicarbonate Soda 1 tsp
Caster Sugar 4oz

Method:
Place the flour, cracked egg, bi-soda, sugar and ˝ of the milk into a bowl or do what I do and use a drinks mixer (very handy) (SIS Energy Drink Shaker / Mixer Drinks Bottle 700ml White (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B001UHAPK2/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=318949011&s=sports)). Whisk/shake the mixture adding more milk as you go until the thickness of the mixture is similar to gloss paint with now lumps (you might not need all the milk). That’s it done.

Heat a non-stick frying pan on the middle setting (sorry no idea of gas mark but a flame somewhere between biggest and smallest will be fine). Now this is where the drinks shaker comes in handy – pour some mixture into the pan creating a 3-4 inch circle. DO NOT MOVE THE PAN. When air bubble appear in the mixture, flip the pancake, the cooked side should be golden brown but not burned..

With a bit of trial and error you’ll perfect your mixture and cooking method..

Apply with butter, jam, lemon curd, or Nutella and apply to your face…

Beware – these are addictive and I have been know to eat more that 8 of these fellies for breakfast..

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS