PDA

View Full Version : CU Foulridge (Lancashire)

ian81
22-08-2012, 17:27
update
overnighted here but the next day met with a rather ungracious man from the nearby cafe who claims ownership to the car park and demanded 15, this in spite of many other cars coming and going.

Suggest this is removed from list??

Canalsman
22-08-2012, 17:49
I think you were unlucky.

The wharf and car park is, I believe, owned by Canals and Rivers Trust (formerly British Waterways). The cafe owner may lease a part of the car park, or has permission to use it, but I doubt he owns it ...

Ste
22-08-2012, 19:44
update
overnighted here but the next day met with a rather ungracious man from the nearby cafe who claims ownership to the car park and demanded 15, this in spite of many other cars coming and going.

Suggest this is removed from list??

You've been done!!! I hope you didn't pay him!!! Its a public car park owned by Canal & River Trust. Its also used by local boat owners and by The Anchor opposite as an overflow. Its signposted as you approach with official highways signs.

Ste
22-08-2012, 20:21
Can you confirm you where at Salterforth. There's a small canalside car park at Greenberfield Locks approx 2 mile away with a Cafe which is privately owned.

ian81
22-08-2012, 20:40
Can you confirm you where at Salterforth. There's a small canalside car park at Greenberfield Locks approx 2 mile away with a Cafe which is privately owned.

....no along the canal at Foulridge. Will try the Salterforth CP tomorrow but now enjoying the peace and quiet at Wycoller

We didnt pay ...just packed up and drove out!!!!!

Ste
22-08-2012, 22:17
Oops, Don't know why I read Salterforth. But the same applies. The Cafe doesn't own the CP there though, just the two buildings which. Its a car park for visitors to the canal & tunnel and boat owners. There's usually an old hymer parked there, which belongs to one of the residential boaters.

I've had a few good nights in the pub at Salterforth though. Food is usually quite good too.

Tosan
20-09-2012, 18:49
I live nearby so if you need this checking out I will call in next time I'm passing.
There's also another one further round in Salterforth next to canal as well opposite a pub
Tosan

Tosan
20-09-2012, 18:52
Ps
The parking opposite the Anchor Inn is the one I mentioned not the Foulridge one which the topic is about !

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS