PDA

View Full Version : Hannah Hauxwell

herbenny
25-08-2012, 15:30
I remember reading the book about this lovely lady when I was 13 years old ....so glad I found this again. What a life !!!
Hannah Hauxwell - A Winter Too Many - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyV62SrT-c)

yorkslass
25-08-2012, 16:06
life for hannah seemed, at times ,so hard especially as she got older, but at the same time the simplicity always looks very tempting, a bit like locking the door and throwing away the key. it would be nice to be able to do that some times.:camper: probably why i love the van, even if it"s just to sit in for half an hour.

herbenny
25-08-2012, 16:12
Aww I know I was so captivated at a young age by her and her lifestyle ........I think I will read the book again :)

snowbirds
25-08-2012, 21:24
Hi Herbenny,

I watched the original on tv a true Lady,cut off from television and the outside world,a harsh life, but what a life, unpolluted by the modern world in a time warp. I would have loved to meet her.

Snowbirds.

I remember reading the book about this lovely lady when I was 13 years old ....so glad I found this again. What a life !!!
Hannah Hauxwell - A Winter Too Many - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyV62SrT-c)

mandrake
25-08-2012, 21:33
yes i remember . never read the book but remember her on tv .she lived a hard but in my opinion a good life ,she got on with what she had to do without complaint ,mabey if we all took a page out of her book then who knows mabey the world would be a little bit better place to live .she led a hard life but she looked remarkedly young for the life she led and her age .

herbenny
25-08-2012, 21:38
yes i remember . never read the book but remember her on tv .she lived a hard but in my opinion a good life ,she got on with what she had to do without complaint ,mabey if we all took a page out of her book then who knows mabey the world would be a little bit better place to live .she led a hard life but she looked remarkedly young for the life she led and her age .

I thought that also, although everyday life was a challange in its own way she looked youthful and she had a sense of serenity about her. Lovely lady with impeccable manners and an attitude to life that that was so inspiring to me at such a young age. Cant wait to get my book from amazon to read it again.:D

Teffy
25-08-2012, 22:55
That's what I remember about her from the tv programme, her amazing dignity and the peace that seemed to surround her. Great strength too, she must have been very tough.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS