PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Neil Armstrong

Doodles
25-08-2012, 19:45
What a shame he has passed away a true hero.

Admin
25-08-2012, 21:14
Wow,

This guy is a true world wide legend.

It has been 43 years since he was the first man to walk on the moon ( only 12 people have ever done this )

"one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind."

snowbirds
25-08-2012, 21:35
HI NTD

I watched this in the early hours of the morning on the first broadcast many years a go,a great man,how It must have changed his out look on life sitting out there looking back at the Earth and seeing how fragile our planet is.

Snowbirds.

What a shame he has passed away a true hero.

channa
25-08-2012, 22:10
I can't remember the last time our news gave so much coverage on the death of a foreigner.

Normally reserved for presidents.

In respect of Armstrong, a remarkable pilot, always at the top of his game yet humble with it.

Channa

Teffy
25-08-2012, 22:41
A true hero. The landing on the moon was possibly the most outstanding event of my lifetime. Can't believe he's gone.

Doodles
26-08-2012, 07:27
A reluctant hero and a very shy man who thought he just did a job well.A couple of years ago i had picked up a joblot of super8 film as it was a hobby of mine and was lucky to find a 3 minute reel on standard 8 of Neil Armstrong taking his first steps on the moon.Unfortunatley it was silent so didnt have the famous quote but when i sold it on ebay it was picked up by an American student who could not thank me enough for agreeing to send it to the states as he was nothing short of a true hero to him.

bopper
26-08-2012, 13:08
I remember staying up all night to watch it! I also remember how I felt for them and I felt that same way last night when I watched the BBC coverage of his death until 1.30am. That feeling all those years ago and repeated last night was of how brave and courageous he was in landing the first spacecraft on the moon. This was a first time one off with no proper trial, the vehicle was to a great extent untested. What kind of man could steer this craft onto an unknown surface knowing that if anything went wrong, he would be left there to die. That kind of a man is a super hero for me Neil Armstrong was one of these and his colleagues as well. A great ambassador for his country and the people of this planet Earth.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS