PDA

View Full Version : Aldeburgh Sea Defence

blueboar
10-09-2007, 12:55
Just to let people know, the Enviroment Agency started a shingle recharge at Aldeburgh this morning, they will be working Monday - Saturday 7.15am to 5pm.

The have put barriers across the sea defence at Aldeburgh Sailing Club, so, whilst the dumpers are working there is NO access from the club house towards the Martello tower and Orford Ness NNR.

They will be doing this work until 31st October

(basically they are digging our beach out and taking it back to Aldeburgh.)

I thought I would just let you all know what is happening

bb

Nosha
20-09-2007, 18:41
I saw the dumpers parked at the base of the tower two weeks ago, and wondered what it was all about - THANKS for the info.

This is one of our most loved spots, at least it's nearing the end of the season, a month ago there was 35 m/h's and a caravan!! Space could be at a premium if it was still that busy!

blueboar
25-09-2007, 16:05
I had a chat with one of our contacts at the Enviroment agency, yesterday and she said they are about two thirds the way through the work sofar. so the dumpers should be there for a few more weeks yet.

The most m/h's I have seen up there was 49, 2 years ago...

tacho free spirit
05-10-2007, 10:00
Hi Guys,visited sight on 3rd Oct.Barrier still up,but opened for access around 7 pm.Half of the site still in use with five other campers spent the night there.Great location.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS