PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen, then where?

nesbo
06-09-2012, 14:47
Howdee

I am off to Aberdeen on Friday the 14th September with work (should be wrapped up around 3pm).

We plan to meander our way back to Edinburgh again throughout the weekend, arriving back on Sunday evening.

Can anyone suggest any nice places to visit on the way back? May give the Cairngorms a go as itís been ages since I was last there.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.
Nesbo

Wind Dancer
06-09-2012, 15:04
Chanonry Point's a must!
Still dolphin season there, and they fish 10 feet off the coast :D
Totally awesome!

nesbo
06-09-2012, 15:13
Chanonry Point's a must!
Still dolphin season there, and they fish 10 feet off the coast :D
Totally awesome!

Thanks Wild Dancer - the Good Lady will love that !!

Wind Dancer
06-09-2012, 15:23
I went there end of Sept last year and saw the dolphins often. :banana::cool1:

You can also go to North Keswick to the dolphin centre. You need to cross the bridge and then double back as access is only northbound. Good pace to view and source info, but at Chanonry Point you are right there with them. One day I will get my photos up! (other than the one on my profile, which was taken the evening I arrived and when walking back from watching an awesome display by adults and their playful babies :D )

There is plenty wilding around there too if required.

:have fun::fun:

baldybloke
06-09-2012, 15:49
If going to the Cairngorms, take a trip to the visitors centre, you could overnight in the lower carpark, views are fantastic (weather permitting), another option is Fort George, you can overnight by the beach, and see Dolphins on occasion, its opposite the point, but not such a good vantage point, to access this you drive through Ardersier

baldybloke
06-09-2012, 15:53
Forgot a slight correction, the Dolphin ctr is North Kessock (Keswick is in the English Lake Distict), from Aberdeen/Cairngorm direction (south) you should visit the centre before going to Chanonry Point:have fun:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS