PDA

View Full Version : Southern France

grant
09-09-2012, 09:29
Bit limited for internet time so don't have enough to search the forum properly... can anyone recommend any good spots on or near the coast in Southern France? We're heading out of Italy via Liguria in the next few days and will be driving along the coast of France (on our way to Spain then Portugal). I'll be able to check the forum again briefly in a few days to see if anyone has replied - any recommendations would be greatly received!
Thanks,
Grant

Teene
09-09-2012, 19:31
Bit limited for internet time so don't have enough to search the forum properly... can anyone recommend any good spots on or near the coast in Southern France? We're heading out of Italy via Liguria in the next few days and will be driving along the coast of France (on our way to Spain then Portugal). I'll be able to check the forum again briefly in a few days to see if anyone has replied - any recommendations would be greatly received!
Thanks,
Grant
We're doing it the other way next year so hope you get some good replies. Have a good trip x

witzend
09-09-2012, 21:21
Check here online for aires while traveling

i-Camping car - Le site d'informations sur les aires de services pour camping cars. (http://i-campingcar.fr/aires/accueil.htm)

elefantman
10-09-2012, 13:40
Not really southern France but avoid loret del mar,not pulled up long enough for the kettle to boil when told in no uncertain terms to move or be towed,looks like a clamp down,also avoid Barcelona on 11/09 fiesta of independence and the locals predict problems

elefantman
10-09-2012, 13:43
Just to point out I was well out of the way and it was a police tow truck telling me to move,asked if any alternatives available to be told stopping not possible

dave and mary
10-09-2012, 14:52
you need camperstop the best investment we ever made all the sites but best of all free ones just done 4 weeks in france did not spend a penny on sites or tolls :goodluck:

dave and mary
10-09-2012, 15:23
Do not want to be doom and gloom but we have traveled spain summer and winter for the last ten years, but this year was a bit of a night mare from valencia to almeria most of our stops were now no over night parking and were moved on by the police telling us to go into camp sites but af 35e a night this was a no go. In mojcar the Junta were takeing pics of m/h number plates why i do not know may be to keep a track of us. I can not understand it does spain not want us there to spend money :confused:

m10sud
06-05-2013, 21:42
Hi, plenty wild camping spots at Sete & it's signposted also a lovely secure Aires.

Hope you have a great time

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS