PDA

View Full Version : Meets or Rallies

30-09-2007, 19:08
Well folks, we recently joined another forum and I know that several others have also.
We had a first meet (rally) this weekend and 23 units turned up and it went very well!.
Why cant we do this as we have tried before but the support was futile to say the least.
Come on Guys and Gals, its about time that we got sociable.
We all wild camp, but sometimes it is nice to just meet up so as to put faces to names (we don't bite)
This is a great web site, but we need to kick start it!!!!:D :D

wigan pier
30-09-2007, 19:46
yeh GRATH your spot on mate we will be up for it as soon as we get replacement van:p

monkeynut
30-09-2007, 21:33
Well folks, we recently joined another forum and I know that several others have also.
We had a first meet (rally) this weekend and 23 units turned up and it went very well!.
Why cant we do this as we have tried before but the support was futile to say the least.
Come on Guys and Gals, its about time that we got sociable.
We all wild camp, but sometimes it is nice to just meet up so as to put faces to names (we don't bite)
This is a great web site, but we need to kick start it!!!!:D :D
I think(thats hard) I know which forum you meen ive been a member for a couple of years,
yup It would be cool to have a meet , Are we talking about a winter meet here?

clarkson
01-10-2007, 08:49
I'd be up for this. A site that is nice an central, in the midlands somewhere.

Biker Jeff
01-10-2007, 11:47
What 'other forum site' you talking about Grath.... Is it UKCS ?? Cos i'm also a member on there.
I'm always up for a meet somewhere, and can go anytime as i have no commitments. But its not worth me travelling hundreds of miles just for one nights wildcamping. But if its at least a few nights, count me in.

monkeynut
01-10-2007, 15:50
That was the one I was thinking of !

01-10-2007, 17:13
Hi Folks.
The meet was held by a new forum which is motorhomefun.co.uk which has only just opened.
A few of us from Wildcamping are on there and three of us took our motorhomes.
Check it out:cool:

hillwalker
01-10-2007, 17:25
we would be up for a meet, as long as it's to far away ..:D :D

01-10-2007, 17:45
Apparently, what we need to do is decide where and when and all book on as individuals otherwise if booked as a rally we would need to take out liability insurance :D

hillwalker
01-10-2007, 17:51
Apparently, what we need to do is decide where and when and all book on as individuals otherwise if booked as a rally we would need to take out liability insurance :D
find a big park and have a hooly...

Nosha
01-10-2007, 19:10
Come on Grath I think you're rushing things abit! It's taken years just to sort out a sticker so we recognise each other! And even now we're only narrowing it down a bit!!
Getting more than you and Samm to agree on a place AND a date... NO chance! Or am I just being a we bit synical????

02-10-2007, 17:12
Come on Grath I think you're rushing things abit! It's taken years just to sort out a sticker so we recognise each other! And even now we're only narrowing it down a bit!!
Getting more than you and Samm to agree on a place AND a date... NO chance! Or am I just being a we bit synical????
Yeah but if we start now, maybe by Easter 2010 we will have an agreement:D :eek: :) :D

loubylou
02-10-2007, 18:08
In the past we have camped in our van at some of the folk/jass festivals around, only the smaller ones, in country parks. Might be an idea for a meet rather than booking a campsite.

irenerobbie
02-10-2007, 20:30
aren,t they all pretty expensive these days? maybe we can make our own music.

voxol51
03-10-2007, 04:57

As far as I know, you don't actually have to book individually Graham.
Don't call it a rally, call it a get together, don't have a rally marshall in charge with overall responsibility, just somebody willing to collect the fees together. If everybody's an individual rather than a 'club', there is no need for liability ins. as we all have individual insurance..... I hope!

Next problem is a camping licence, or exemption certificate.
A rally field belonging to a campsite is covered by the campsite licence - such as Riverside at Stratford.
Some CL's / CS's with rally fields also hold licence's to cover rallies.

To arrange a 'club rally' on land without a camping licence requires an exemption certificate from D.E.F.R.A. and that opens a whole new can of worms.
However, a bunch of individuals could stay on private land as 'guests of the owner' without the need for an exemption certificate.

All you want now is a m/h friendly farmer/landowner....... or a pub landlord with a big carpark...... or for a winter get together, somebody like a village cricket club with a decent sized car park might appreciate a chance to make a few quid during the 'closed' season.

Voxy.

03-10-2007, 19:38
I think a few of us could make the Stratford meet alomg with the guys from Motorhome fun!
Kath & I hope to attend:D

merlin wanderer
03-10-2007, 19:54
I think a few of us could make the Stratford meet alomg with the guys from Motorhome fun!
Kath & I hope to attend:D
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/ayrtech/kilt-1.gif
missed that bit when's the the meet ?

03-10-2007, 20:11
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/ayrtech/kilt-1.gif
missed that bit when's the the meet ?
Hi,
please look in Voxol51 post about Stratford meet.
April next year (I think):D

merlin wanderer
04-10-2007, 06:32
Hi,
please look in Voxol51 post about Stratford meet.
April next year (I think):D
Ah next year thanks Grath thought there was one pending shortly

Suzy
09-10-2007, 23:01
The problem with Voxy's Stratford meet is that it is at the same time as the Peterboro show.

Road Runner
24-11-2007, 21:55
The problem with Voxy's Stratford meet is that it is at the same time as the Peterboro show.

Snap Suzy

Might give it a try though as nearer for me now we are in Wales:rolleyes:

GARY ENGLISH
25-11-2007, 09:15
The problem is many of us are well spaced out from each other.I think some might be put of, after what has happened to some members after these meets.

irenerobbie
25-11-2007, 14:27
i have a problem with the two words in the same sentence, "wild" and" booking" dont go together. how do others fee about this?

grath
25-11-2007, 15:27
A couple of us (or 3)had a little meet this weekend
Tresrikay & Mrs Grath & Grath.
We had a very good time.
Nice to put a face to a name and found lots in common!:D

irenerobbie
25-11-2007, 16:22
i can see that as a happy compromise. if itś kept informal then knowone needs to take responsiblity for loads of organisation that may end up falling flat. i really enjoyed st andrews and meeting sundowner and am sure that a bigger turn out to be just as laid back. so wither its 2 or 22 just do it.

irenerobbie
25-11-2007, 16:28
i can see that as a happy compromise. if itś kept informal then knowone needs to take responsiblity for loads of organisation that may end up falling flat. i really enjoyed st andrews and meeting sundowner and am sure that a bigger turn out to be just as laid back. so wither its 2 or 22 just do it.

i,m in a hostal in spain and the letters have worn of the gomputer so its kard to be literate

smudger
05-02-2008, 01:19
hi graph provisionly put me down providing i,m in uk i will be happy to attend

05-02-2008, 05:26
hi graph provisionly put me down providing i,m in uk i will be happy to attend

Hi Smudger,
There are a couple of meets in the pipeline and probably a few that I dont know about.
Just keep looking on here:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS