PDA

View Full Version : Foxton Locks

Teene
30-09-2012, 18:37
Hi Everyone, we've decided to have a trip to Foxton Locks in a few weeks and wondered if anyone knows of any quiet places we can stop. Apart from the locks are there any other "must see" places?
Thanks x

Mick H
01-10-2012, 07:55
Hi Everyone, we've decided to have a trip to Foxton Locks in a few weeks and wondered if anyone knows of any quiet places we can stop. Apart from the locks are there any other "must see" places?
Thanks x

There is a layby, just on the edge of Market Harborough. If you use Google Maps, and type in "The Woodlands, Market Harborough", you will see the lay bye. Its named as "Harborough Rd", just off the B6047 (Old A6, many years ago)
Although it provides access to The Woodlands, at one end, it is quiet at the other end. Only used by dog walkers, or for occasional fishing, alongside the canal, although trucks use it during the working day, for the mobile cafe.

Sorry that I can't provide coordinates, but I don't know how to.

Worth seeing nearby, if course, is the old market town of Market Harborough.

Dawnbrooks1
01-10-2012, 09:31
Hi, we have stayed in two laybys near there, nut the one by the canal is great. It is just on the edge of market harborough on the Leicester road, happy camping & the bacon sandwiches from the take away weren't too bad either!

Canalsman
01-10-2012, 12:05
There is a layby, just on the edge of Market Harborough. If you use Google Maps, and type in "The Woodlands, Market Harborough", you will see the lay bye. Its named as "Harborough Rd", just off the B6047 (Old A6, many years ago)

Thanks for the suggestion - I've added it to the POIs :)

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS