PDA

View Full Version : 1995 2.9l auto mercedes 310d ex ambulance for sale.

cornishlad
01-10-2012, 21:50
This was bought from St John's Ambulance last year. Was used only for first aid at events and has only done 40,000 miles. plenty of documentation.
bullet-proof 2.9 litre 5 cylinder engine. Passed MOT 1st OCT 2012. Great condition. Google "M68 CLT" for a picture as it was.

I started a conversion but could not continue after a serious shoulder injury so bought another one already converted.

features: insulated glass-fibre body, diesel heater (needs connecting) LED saloon lighting, wc closet, plenty of eye level lockers. single bunk bed which needs completion to make slide out double.
Flat wooden floor, Saloon width inside, 76 1/2", length 11', height 6' 2 1/2". double glazed roof light and opening vent. windows each side with blinds.

All ambulance wiring removed and new fuse/relay panel fitted ready for your installation. Email me for pictures or more details.

It's located near Penzance, The domestic facilities need doing to complete what will make a great van. Comes with a RM4230 fridge, 4 burner hob/grill and sink/drainer to install.

cornishlad
01-10-2012, 21:57
I forgot to add the price 2100 ONO

Biggles
01-10-2012, 22:18
Can't seem to pm you. Email me at kwade (at) uk2.net

shirty666
02-10-2012, 12:37
hi
is it possible to send some pics of inside and outside of your ambulance. and could you send me the dimensions height length and weight as i have a driving licence after 1997 and can only drive upto 3.5 tonnes.
my email address is: grantsisland@yahoo.co.uk

cornishlad
02-10-2012, 15:26
Thank you for your enquires.

I've uploaded photos to Flickr: wwwrogerj.codotuk's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/57487715@N07/)

Vehicle dimensions are L = 18' (5.5m), W = 7' 2" (2.2m), H = 9' 4" (3m)

Chassis is plated at 3500 weighed at MOT yesterday 1900 in present state.

mark61
02-10-2012, 15:36
What a beauty.

ellisboy
02-10-2012, 16:21
Nice! :banana:

Deleted user 21925
02-10-2012, 16:23
Is it Auto. If so our Daisymini should have a look!

Derrr! I see it is by the title now!

mark61
02-10-2012, 16:28
Yes, is auto.
Never have thought those ambulance bodies were so light.

n brown
02-10-2012, 18:51
daisymini your carriage awaits

daisymini
03-10-2012, 06:31
This van would be ideal, Why does it have to be so far away :(

Wind Dancer
03-10-2012, 06:43
This looks like a very good deal, it could be a well worth trip down there :)

(My neighbour bought all his HM's from Scotland as they were cheaper than the south coast).

Good luck whatever you decide :drive:

Doodles
03-10-2012, 07:11
This van would be ideal, Why does it have to be so far away :(

Where are you based daisy? maybe someone could give you a lift down and then you can drive it back up if the deal is good.I for one would be more than willing to help if it got you a new van sorted.

daisymini
03-10-2012, 08:11
Im in cleethorpes not far from you and i visit newark often as my mum lives there.:) The only problem id have at the minute in getting a new van is I have to get the bambi repaired and sold first as i cant afford insurance on 3 vehicles ie my car, bambi and whatever new van i get, so im at a bit of a cross roads until i can get the bloomin bambi sorted!! I dont have a drive I could put one on Ive only got onstreet parking. But that van would be perfect and a great project for over the winter..!!

cornishlad
03-10-2012, 08:17
What a beauty.

Hi Glad you like it ! She came from your neck of the woods, London, and was reluctantly sold off by St Johns because of the Low Emision Zone charges.

The seller, the fleet manager, said they had been ultra reliable, unlike the ones they had had to buy to replace them. Their ambulances were serviced every 6 months (regardless of the low mileages being covered - I have MOTs going back to 2001) and they were garaged inside. Hence the outstanding condition.

daisymini
03-10-2012, 09:22
This was bought from St John's Ambulance last year. Was used only for first aid at events and has only done 40,000 miles. plenty of documentation.
bullet-proof 2.9 litre 5 cylinder engine. Passed MOT 1st OCT 2012. Great condition. Google "M68 CLT" for a picture as it was.

I started a conversion but could not continue after a serious shoulder injury so bought another one already converted.

features: insulated glass-fibre body, diesel heater (needs connecting) LED saloon lighting, wc closet, plenty of eye level lockers. single bunk bed which needs completion to make slide out double.
Flat wooden floor, Saloon width inside, 76 1/2", length 11', height 6' 2 1/2". double glazed roof light and opening vent. windows each side with blinds.

All ambulance wiring removed and new fuse/relay panel fitted ready for your installation. Email me for pictures or more details.

It's located near Penzance, The domestic facilities need doing to complete what will make a great van. Comes with a RM4230 fridge, 4 burner hob/grill and sink/drainer to install.

Hi I am really interested in this van but i need to sort out the logistics of getting down to see it, Im going to the October meet this weekend and hopefully somebody can give me some good advice as to the best way to do it ie, insurance etc If you havent sold it by the end of the weekend please pm me as This would be ideal as im looking for an automatic due to disablility and they are like hens teeth...:D

cornishlad
03-10-2012, 10:10
Hi I am really interested in this van but i need to sort out the logistics of getting down to see it, Im going to the October meet this weekend and hopefully somebody can give me some good advice as to the best way to do it ie, insurance etc If you havent sold it by the end of the weekend please pm me as This would be ideal as im looking for an automatic due to disablility and they are like hens teeth...:D

Hi Daisy..I'm just off to tax it and re register it. It's a pity you are so far away. If you, or anyone from far off places need to do an overnight you are welcome to stop overnight in my other (completed !) camper in the driveway.

If you (or anyone else ) need to speak to me about the van in more detail : 711122 dial code 01736 or email me direct roger at box999 dot co dot uk

Roger

Deleted user 21925
03-10-2012, 11:44
You could insure it short term Sue, We could store it at my unit (Security guarded) until your Bambi is sold. Julie and I would gladly take you down there next week.

I'll chat with you at the weekend.

Doodles
03-10-2012, 11:57
You could insure it short term Sue, We could store it at my unit (Security guarded) until your Bambi is sold. Julie and I would gladly take you down there next week.

And if need be i can get you to Rob to split the travel up saves coming up to go back down :)

Ozbird
03-10-2012, 12:05
ooooohhh! LOTS of potential, shame my wallet hasn't got any!!

daisymini
03-10-2012, 12:23

Thanks Rob thats looking like a plan forming..!!! Ill speak to you at the weekend..!!!

Funky Farmer
03-10-2012, 13:14
Put a deposit on it, to show intent. It looks too good to lose.

cornishlad
03-10-2012, 16:15
It's now subject to a holding deposit for daisymini until next week..Thanks for all you interest. Roger

Ems
03-10-2012, 16:22
I look forward to following your build thread daisymini! :wacko:

herbenny
03-10-2012, 18:26
How lovely that everyone helping sue.....I think its definatly divine intervention sue the van is truly meant for you. It looks great and you could really make your mark on that. Sooooo excited for you x

Deleted user 21925
03-10-2012, 18:40
How lovely that everyone helping sue.....I think its definatly divine intervention sue the van is truly meant for you. It looks great and you could really make your mark on that. Sooooo excited for you x

You know me Jac. I'll probably have Sue scramblin on my roof installin me solar panels or plying me with bacon sarnies and Doombar:):)

kimbowbill
04-10-2012, 05:16
Im in cleethorpes not far from you and i visit newark often as my mum lives there.:) The only problem id have at the minute in getting a new van is I have to get the bambi repaired and sold first as i cant afford insurance on 3 vehicles ie my car, bambi and whatever new van i get, so im at a bit of a cross roads until i can get the bloomin bambi sorted!! I dont have a drive I could put one on Ive only got onstreet parking. But that van would be perfect and a great project for over the winter..!!

Sue, you are welcome to use my drive for any of your vehicles as storage, i would take you back home, if this helps any xx

oldish hippy
04-10-2012, 05:26
dont have to repair bambi as the one i put on your thread was going for good money and that had no mot and tax and needed repairing

MORGANTHEMOON
04-10-2012, 07:04
dont have to repair bambi as the one i put on your thread was going for good money and that had no mot and tax and needed repairing

Good point hippy.

daisymini
04-10-2012, 07:20
Good point hippy.

I cant find the thread but I think your right OH I might just put it on ebay as it is and see what happens, I can always take it off if it doesnt reach my minimum.

mark61
04-10-2012, 07:32
I cant find the thread but I think your right OH I might just put it on ebay as it is and see what happens, I can always take it off if it doesnt reach my minimum.

This thread?

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/off-topic-chat/22917-sob-story-2.html#post245607

May be worth putting on a Bambi forum as well.

daisymini
04-10-2012, 07:41
This thread?

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/off-topic-chat/22917-sob-story-2.html#post245607

Thanks Mark...!! been involved in so many threads recently couldnt find which one it was in...:)

oldish hippy
04-10-2012, 08:06
This thread?

thanks mark

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS