PDA

View Full Version : frog police legal from July, fines from December enforced

goggsey
08-10-2012, 13:17
Hope you are all aware of the new French law that came into force in July this year, all vehicles driving in France MUST have 2 unopened French approved breathalyser kit in the vehicle, to show plod if they ask to see them, i don't drink but still had to buy them for the frog police.
DON'T GET CAUGHT OUT BY THE NEW LAW.:mad2:

sp2 boy
08-10-2012, 13:47
...even motorcycles? :anyone:

MikeH
08-10-2012, 13:52
...even non drinkers?

shortcircuit
08-10-2012, 14:33
Less than 3 out of Carrefoure, so no big deal. I understood in July that it was coming into existence enforceable from about this time of the year and all MHs required to carry.

lebesset
08-10-2012, 14:34
not correct , you only need one ...about €1 in the shops/filling stations/DIY etc , although some have been given away as promotions ; have to be changed after 2 years

of course ,they have no legal significance , if you are stupid enough to use one and the police stop you they will test with their own kit

incidentally , you even need one to drive a tractor ...french farmers are not amused as the whole thing is just a con

oh , and fines [ €11 ] start 1st november

Polly
08-10-2012, 14:49
Hia

just back from my brothers in the Pyrenees and he as had trouble buying then in this area no one seemed concerned will post him a couple out from halfords

lebesset
08-10-2012, 15:28
Hia

just back from my brothers in the Pyrenees and he as had trouble buying then in this area no one seemed concerned will post him a couple out from halfords

make sure they are NF , no good otherwise

mine are branded turdus , but I think there is a second approved manufacturer

bobowas007
08-10-2012, 17:06
...even motorcycles? :anyone:

YES MOTORCYCLES :scooter::fun:

goggsey
11-10-2012, 11:44
...even non drinkers?

YES is the answer, I do NOT drink and never have, but was told by the police last time even NONE DRINKERS HAVE TO have them in the vehicle, that does include MOTORCYCLES as well, so the frog plod told me. but we know what the frog plod are like, so i can not say if they mean bikes as well,
here is a link and a quote from the web site i found with info on the frog laws. good read, save you paying on the spot fines

Drinking and driving: Don't do it. Over 0.05 per cent and you could face anything up to imprisonment. From July 1st 2012 it is compulsory to carry a breathalyser kit in the car. Two kits per car are advised as the kits can only be used once, so if you use one you will need a back-up. 11 euro fines for non-compliance will be levied from November 1st 2012.

Driving in France, speed limits in France, driving laws in France, French motoring rules and regulations. (http://driving.drive-alive.co.uk/driving-in-france.htm)

goggsey
11-10-2012, 11:48
Hia

no need to use halfords use ebay that where i got mine from 4 inc p&p

Breathalysers | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Breathalysers-/58037/i.html)

take your pick for Ebays list over 1200 to choose from:anyone:

John H
11-10-2012, 11:57

Firefox
11-10-2012, 14:57
Typical - all year different people have been posting multiple threads advising us to buy this and that... and the law wasn't even in place :lol-053:

It's always best to get the full facts before one panics into buying stuff. I think some people tend to overreact at times. I wonder how much cash the sellers of these devices have made so far !

shortcircuit
11-10-2012, 15:33
...even non drinkers?

Dooh The purpose of a breathalyser is to test if you have been drinking. I am sure Mr Plod will all accept you are a non drinker based on your word :)

kenspain
11-10-2012, 16:01
Now why is it my Spanish friend that lives on the border of France and go,s into France once a week to work in a market there has been stop many times and never ask to show one so this when i told him he thought i was joking :wave:

MikeH
11-10-2012, 17:08
Dooh The purpose of a breathalyser is to test if you have been drinking. I am sure Mr Plod will all accept you are a non drinker based on your word :)

Oh I`m glad about that. Think what else I could get away with

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS