PDA

View Full Version : porthcall

rikdertien
10-10-2007, 09:20
Hello, is there a free camperspot in the aerea of Porthcall or The Mumbles?
Thanks
Rik

mark e
10-10-2007, 10:20
Hello, i live about 15 miles from 'porthcawl' and yes there are free places to motorhome. You can even park on the front as we call it. There are a few campers that stay there overnight, from time to time but just be aware that its a long stetch right along the side of the seeside. Its opposite a large car park, just open ground but to park a car there for a day is 5. It is locked during the evening. There is excellent fishing on the prominad too.

Good points is firestation and ambulance station within view and a 5 minute walk to the town. Woolworths, corner shops etc. There are one or two proper campsites nearby to charge the batteries and water etc.

Anybody wants to know more feel free to pm me.

Not up on the mumbles scene, been there, lovely place but not sure about wildcamping oppertunities. Although there a quite a few campsites wich i've stayed in.

rikdertien
10-10-2007, 11:58
Thanks we should be there on sunday evenening. We have a burstner camper.
Linda en Rik

ChrisB
24-05-2012, 18:06
Hello, i live about 15 miles from 'porthcawl' and yes there are free places to motorhome. You can even park on the front as we call it. There are a few campers that stay there overnight, from time to time but just be aware that its a long stetch right along the side of the seeside. Its opposite a large car park, just open ground but to park a car there for a day is 5. It is locked during the evening. There is excellent fishing on the prominad too.

Good points is firestation and ambulance station within view and a 5 minute walk to the town. Woolworths, corner shops etc. There are one or two proper campsites nearby to charge the batteries and water etc.

Anybody wants to know more feel free to pm me.

Not up on the mumbles scene, been there, lovely place but not sure about wildcamping oppertunities. Although there a quite a few campsites wich i've stayed in.

Hi Mark,

Send us your email..... got a few questions bout porthcawl!! :wave: c.bullen@ntlworld.com

hdeagle
24-05-2012, 21:53
Chris

Just an update on the 2007 info from mark e
The long road along the front is called Eastern Promenade if you are looking on Google maps. There are official signs saying "no caravans or motorhomes 11pm to 7am." The open ground car park he refers to also has a height barrier, so no good even in the day unless you have a car.
Hope this info is of use.
:have fun:

caspar
24-05-2012, 23:26
Indeed, that is the case as it was being abused by people parking up for a week or twos holiday.

There is one place which is the car park to Newton Beach, sorry, haven't got the co-ordinates, but you can't miss it, there's only one there. If there's more than two people there though, please move on, otherwise this too will be subject to the same treatment as the others.

At the Mumbles the only place is the car park at Bracelet Bay, but you need to be away earlyish in the morning and buy a ticket. Lovely place to stop though.

The Gower is a total no go for wild camping unless you know the back lanes exceedingly well. However, coming back out of Swansea there are some good places. If you're interested in going this far afield, let me know.

john cardiff
02-08-2012, 22:52
Lovely views the wardens are good also.

They don,t mind you staying a night as lond as.

1 buy a ticket.
2 don,t stay more than 1 night without moving the following day.
3 the ticket you buy also covers you for the other coastal carparks.
langland ,caswell,oxwich,port eynoin.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS