PDA

View Full Version : No camping

frontslide
18-10-2012, 17:33
I dont know if this is the right place for this but i called here earlier "CU Over Haddon (Derbyshire)" and there is a no camping sign displayed at the bottom of the car park.

Firefox
18-10-2012, 17:49
It will probably get removed from the POI but you or anyone else can still legally fall asleep in a safely parked vehicle :) The highway code advises you to pull off the road and take a break if tired when driving.

frontslide
18-10-2012, 17:52
The car park has an overnight charge of 40p 10pm untill 8am how could anything be done if you are displaying a ticket, there is nothing about sleeping in vehicles.

Firefox
18-10-2012, 17:59
Precisely

scampa
18-10-2012, 20:50
It will probably get removed from the POI but you or anyone else can still legally fall asleep in a safely parked vehicle :) The highway code advises you to pull off the road and take a break if tired when driving.

I don't know why, but those "No Overnight Parking" signs always make me feel sleepy!! :):sleep-027::)

Firefox
19-10-2012, 02:31
It's elf and safety too. The Highway code recommends:

91 Driving when you are tired greatly increases your risk of collision. To minimise this risk

if you feel at all sleepy, stop in a safe place. Do not stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway
the most effective ways to counter sleepiness are to drink, for example, two cups of caffeinated coffee and to take a short nap (at least 15 minutes)

At least 15 mins could mean several hours.

I'd rather follow a legal document than an illegal sign.

frontslide
19-10-2012, 11:10
I wasn't suggesting not using it i just wanted to point it out with it being on the data base in case it put some members off.
My "Whittle'arse" wife for example would be concerned all night about it if, when we go there in a couple of weeks, i parked anywhere it could be seen by her before we drive passed it on our way home in the morning.:cool:

Firefox
19-10-2012, 11:45
:D

Arrive after dark so she doesn't see the sign. No sense in worrying her unnecessarily :angel:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS