PDA

View Full Version : Walmer nr Deal

Nosha
20-10-2007, 20:39
This one's only a suggestion as in the end we went back to St. Margarets. The back road from Walmer heading towards Kingsdown looked a very quiet and level road. It's named as Beach Road and is picked up from Walmer town centre by the sailing club and fishing huts.

Rocles
25-10-2007, 10:18
Hi, i'm travelling to Deal soon and am interested in any stopovers, pref within maybe two miles of the centre. Tried calling some campsites, but many are closed for the season...any other locations please? i'm sure I read somewhere of a MotorHome friendly pub in Deal, but can't recall where I read it :rolleyes:

thanks

loubylou
25-10-2007, 21:51
Hi
on the ukcampsites website it lists pubs with overnight/campsites. I would have put in a link but I dont know how to, sorry.
Regards
Lou

maninahat
26-10-2007, 08:09
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=117

:)

peterandbetty
30-10-2007, 12:20
Hi, i'm travelling to Deal soon and am interested in any stopovers, pref within maybe two miles of the centre. Tried calling some campsites, but many are closed for the season...any other locations please? i'm sure I read somewhere of a MotorHome friendly pub in Deal, but can't recall where I read it :rolleyes:

thanks
Hi there ,theres a small 5 van site in Eastry near to Sandwich that is open all year its very quiet but you can give them a call on 01304 612347 its called fourwinds and the proprierter is Wendy Dott. hope this is of some help.

Dadredge
22-06-2011, 17:10
As someone who lives on Walmer seafront I can confirm this is a good overnight camping spot. Many of our continental freinds do so. There is a water tap near the bandstand and public toilets the other side of the childrens paddling pool. There are excellent take away Indian, Chinese and fish and chip shops very close by.

Canalsman
22-06-2011, 19:41
As someone who lives on Walmer seafront I can confirm this is a good overnight camping spot. Many of our continental freinds do so. There is a water tap near the bandstand and public toilets the other side of the childrens paddling pool. There are excellent take away Indian, Chinese and fish and chip shops very close by.

Thanks for the info - I've added it to the POI database :)

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS