PDA

View Full Version : CR South End Bank, Skeffling

Canalsman
20-10-2012, 19:36
Spending the night here after arriving at lunchtime.

Fabulous views across the Humber, and lots of bird life to entertain. Lots of passing ships to watch too, and there was a fabulous sunset.

A barn owl flew past the 'van window this afternoon!

Very peaceful spot at the end of a minor road. Pretty exposed so not recommended in bad weather.

wilthebeast
20-10-2012, 20:05
Spending the night here after arriving at lunchtime.

Fabulous views across the Humber, and lots of bird life to entertain. Lots of passing ships to watch too, and there was a fabulous sunset.

A barn owl flew past the 'van window this afternoon!

Very peaceful spot at the end of a minor road. Pretty exposed so not recommended in bad weather.
HI chris
i hope you enjoy north lincs and east yorks on your travels
best wishes

madria
20-10-2012, 20:17
Hi Chris, Decent meal at the Station Hotel pub in Patrington, easy parking and maybe a overnight stop, also there's another car-park down towards the coast, within walking distance if you want a stroll along the sea bank towards Spurn Point to take a look at it or if you drive - take the High Street round by the Church out of Easington Square, go past the Riding School on Humber Side Lane till you come into the car-park, both usually well visited by the police patrol cars from the Gas Terminal so pretty safe - just past this car-park there are large nest boxes put up by bird watchers from Spurn Point to attract Owls and other large birds

daisymini
20-10-2012, 20:23
Im loving these threads, i live in cleethorpes and thought there were not many places to enjoy nearby, Me thinks i need to explore my own area??...!!

madria
20-10-2012, 21:06
Hi Daisymini, have a look here for a day/night out on south bank, through East Halton, right onto Station Rd, then Skitter Road right to the end - bit of a parking area before the road go's onto the sea wall and the hight barrier - (used to go fishing there), you could wave at Chris through binoculars - edit - we also have a purple dog !!

daisymini
20-10-2012, 21:28
Actually today i sat on a train going through lincs (off road i guess) and couldnt believe how many motorhomes i saw out of the window in places i didnt know existed.

Canalsman
20-10-2012, 23:11
Hi Chris, Decent meal at the Station Hotel pub in Patrington, easy parking and maybe a overnight stop, also there's another car-park down towards the coast, within walking distance if you want a stroll along the sea bank towards Spurn Point to take a look at it or if you drive - take the High Street round by the Church out of Easington Square, go past the Riding School on Humber Side Lane till you come into the car-park, both usually well visited by the police patrol cars from the Gas Terminal so pretty safe - just past this car-park there are large nest boxes put up by bird watchers from Spurn Point to attract Owls and other large birds

Thanks for the suggestions. The car park you've referred to is in the POIs as CR Easington Bank.

I'm heading north in the morning via Flamborough Head and stopping at Bempton tomorrow night. Then on up to Staithes before returning via the Moors :-)

Canalsman
21-10-2012, 19:35
Just to wrap this up - had a great night. Totally quiet, and woke to a still sunny morning.

Had a lovely walk up the lane to the village church, where I noted the grave of husband and wife who died 50 years apart! Remarkable (the wife died second :-) )

Drove to Kilnsea and filled with water at the Wildlife Trust cafe. Made a donation.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and could have stayed a night or two more :-)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS