PDA

View Full Version : wildcamping near Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen for Jungfrau train

adriacoral
21-10-2012, 18:00
46.39'35.22 N 7.52'14.77 E

This is a great little spot we found by accident, sat nav error! But lucky for us..... we had actually gone all the way down this road to find a tiny bridge, suitable for minis only. After a stupidly difficult 24 point turn we turned round and spotted this little parking area. We were in our big 6 berther and no-one bothered us. We barbequed here and watched the sun set and many paraguilders fly over. Quiet spot even tho there is a little train that goes past periodically, much to their amusement. Lauterbrunnen is only ok for parking during the day up to 10pm, large carpark next to the church, not flat tho. There are a couple of campsites at expensive prices, no camping signs everywhere else. If you aren't too big tyou can squeeze in a spot on the main road in, otherwise you will struggle. Tip: If you go up the Jungfrau on the first-7am-train, it is about 30 cheaper.

snookcycling
14-01-2013, 10:38
Thanks for the info, but i cant find the coordinates, what road is it on, or could you give me a direct link to google.

2Tillbrooks
05-03-2013, 01:53
I would love the link too as the coordinates are not very clear for a novice in map reading, doesnt even work in the converter.

Thankyou

2Tillbrooks
05-03-2013, 02:31
Ive worked it out!!! I really don't know why there are so many versions of coordinates seems silly.

Just type into google maps "46 39.3522 n 7 52.1477 e" , just above the marker you can see where the small bridge is that is mentioned.

Looks like a nice spot will be using for sure.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS