PDA

View Full Version : Claigan, Loch Dunvegan, Isle of Skye, Unsuitable for use.

scampa
23-10-2012, 02:07
57.4894,-6.619075

I found this CURRENT POI to be unsuitable for use when I visited about four weeks ago. The grassy area off the track was overgrown, soft and boggy, and to park anywhere on the track would be obstructing nearby farm access, so I recommend that it be removed from the POI list.

There is a very nice parking area approx 100 yards away, where I'm sure you'd be guaranteed a very quiet, undisturbed night, before watching the seals from the nearby coral beach the next morning. Unfortunately this very remote car parking area had "No Overnight Parking" signs, so I couldn't recommend it to anyone.

57.4894,-6.619075 - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/zcmzu)

sagart
23-10-2012, 08:00
Being boring (or pedantic) it's Claggan.
Must admit living just up the road I hadn't noticed this was in the POI list, but I agree with your comments - I wouldn't risk the weight of my T5 on it!

shortcircuit
23-10-2012, 08:37
That will be one of these "No Overnight Parking" signs that are going to be removed? :wave:

Vanterrier
31-10-2012, 21:28
Looks like Claigen to me ??

we picnicked there two weeks ago and I thought then that it would be a great wild site and I cannot imagine anyone disturbing you. the walk to the coral beach is worth doing as well. I cant remember the yellow NOP sign, maybe its been removed already.

thing is, you are spoilt for choice for wild sites on Skye, and yet we spent two nights on the C&CC site at Glenhornish just along the road :confused:

K

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS