PDA

View Full Version : Bettyhill 1, Highlands... Update.

scampa
23-10-2012, 02:49
58.531664,-4.223865

This is an existing POI, Bettyhill '1' on the Northern Coast of the Scottish Highlands.

The turning area here is very limited, rocky and rough, and it could be very difficult to manoeuvre, especially if another vehicle was already here. It's probably suited to the more "adventurous" wildcamper with a smaller campervan!

I'd suggest that a note be added to the POI advising drivers to walk down to this spot to assess it before trying to drive down to it.

(The other nearby POI, Bettyhill '2', is in a much safer position at the top of the hill, and drivers could park here to walk down the track to Bettyhill '1').

Visited about three weeks ago.

Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/HrUaV)

Package
23-10-2012, 05:16
Its not on the POI list but there is a suitable site behind The Farr Bay INN at Bettyhill a wide track that leads to the old church/grave yard. Karen and Steve (from Barnet !) are owners of the Inn and welcome wild campers too.:cheers:

hulio
23-10-2012, 07:13
58.531664,-4.223865

This is an existing POI, Bettyhill '1' on the Northern Coast of the Scottish Highlands.

The turning area here is very limited, rocky and rough, and it could be very difficult to manoeuvre, especially if another vehicle was already here. It's probably suited to the more "adventurous" wildcamper with a smaller campervan!

I'd suggest that a note be added to the POI advising drivers to walk down to this spot to assess it before trying to drive down to it.

(The other nearby POI, Bettyhill '2', is in a much safer position at the top of the hill, and drivers could park here to walk down the track to Bettyhill '1').

Visited about three weeks ago.

Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/HrUaV)

I was there on the 29th sep and i agree, park and walk down to see if anyone else is there.
If you drive on down the road past Bettyhill 1 and 2 you will come to here 58.526445,-4.233298 I would have parked here but was to late 2 other vans got there first

Package
23-10-2012, 07:59
Its not on the POI list but there is a suitable site behind The Farr Bay INN at Bettyhill a wide track that leads to the old church/grave yard. Karen and Steve (from Barnet !) are owners of the Inn and welcome wild campers too.:cheers:

Ok co ordinates are 58. 314759 4. 122636 a short walk across dunes to sandy beach.

klaatu
25-09-2014, 07:32
there is a suitable site behind The Farr Bay INN at Bettyhill a wide track that leads to the old church/grave yard. Karen and Steve (from Barnet !) are owners of the Inn and welcome wild campers too.:cheers:We were thinking of calling in at the FBI on Saturday night for a few drinks and a meal, and using this location overnight. I can see this location on Google, and it does look good, but it's not clear what it actually is or who owns it. Is it definitely OK to park here overnight?

Steve

Wooie1958
25-09-2014, 09:56
We were thinking of calling in at the FBI on Saturday night for a few drinks and a meal, and using this location overnight. I can see this location on Google, and it does look good, but it's not clear what it actually is or who owns it. Is it definitely OK to park here overnight?

Steve

You could try ringing them Welcome to The Farr Bay Inn (http://www.farrbayinn.co.uk/contact.htm)

klaatu
25-09-2014, 09:59
I sent them an email yesterday; I'll phone them tomorrow if I haven't had a reply by then.

Steve

klaatu
02-10-2014, 11:06
We can confirm that the space behind the FBI is an excellent place to stop overnight. We took the dogs on the fabulous beach, and had a couple of pints and a meal in the FBI, while chatting with Steve and Karan about motorhomes and various other topics.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS