PDA

View Full Version : stratford on avon

fattimmy
23-02-2005, 19:49
go in to shipston on A3400 from stratford on avon take the B4035 over small river brige towards banbury go past first left turn and at cross roads turn left large lay by on right spent one night ther no problems at all .shipston about one mile away nice little town :P

jimmnlizz
28-09-2008, 09:01
Follow Fattimmy's instructions but as you are leaving Shipston, before the river bridge, there is a free car park on the left. We stayed there Sunday 21st Sept '08! It was dark when we found it, no barriers, lots of room a few lights but not a prob!! ;) In the morning we decided to have a wander round Shipston (200 yards from car park! :cool: ) As we left the car park, with dogs in tow, we read the notice (which we hadn't seen the previous night, HONEST MR!! :eek:) at the entrance, "no sleeping in vehicles" it said. Ah well, we where lucky I guess, being a weekend, tucked into a corner and not being a light coloured van!! :cool: Have to camoflage the next one! :D :D JIM.

larry watters
16-11-2008, 19:17
hi we stop there on the way up to the n e c :) in the big lay-by
but some idiot had left a lot of rubbish, hope not one of use ?.
on the way down stopped at the car park in the fare corner
two other m/h there very quite no problem's :)

larry and gill

GWilliy
15-01-2009, 17:37
Stratford on Avon - Town Centre - Marina Car Park

A little expensive @ 5 for 24hrs/overnight is the Narrowboat Marina CarPark right next door to the Holliday Inn, by the river

A better deal is 20 for 7days - There's loads of Good Pubs (often with live bands) and top quality restaurants (Sheep St), Theatre, Tourist Tours etc. within very short walking distance.

It's feels really safe as there are occupied Narrowboats a few feet away and no through/passing traffic & yet it's smack bang in the Town Centre

The owners welcome Overnighters but there are no (accesible) EHU's & the public toilet is on the other side of the bridge (500m).

I stayed there midweek for two months whilst on contract.

A good place for first timers

PS. Make sure you have a valid ticket, the Private Wardens are Red Hot!!

100 T280
30-07-2009, 20:04
Don't know whether the charges have been revised, but 6pm 'till 9am is 2 :cool:

AndyV8
07-08-2009, 11:08
If anyone comes down this way and fancies a quick meet, please let me know, tis my home town (near enough!).
Cheers,
Andy

Admin
07-08-2009, 18:25
If anyone comes down this way and fancies a quick meet, please let me know, tis my home town (near enough!).
Cheers,
Andy

close to me too!

tidewatcher
15-07-2011, 15:45
Visited there on the 12 July 11 and the charges are now different for campervans. Believe it or not they are now 15 overnight and 23 ish for 24 hours. Also very strict about parking in designated bats which are only just big enough for our MWB panel van.

Canalsman
15-07-2011, 18:01
Thanks for the update - hardly seems worth it :(

Regards

Chris

Croftland1
16-07-2011, 14:20
Shucks, that's a great wild spot ruined. We were planning to stop there a week on Friday on our way to Folkestone. Certainly won't be now though!

nightshift
25-07-2011, 22:11
There is a free carpark in Henley in Arden about 5 miles away. It says no overnighting, but I've never been caught.

lotusanne
12-01-2013, 11:07
Does anyone know if the info in above thread is up to date? Looking to visit Statford on Avon for a few days around easter and starting to look for places to stay around the area. Any suggestions welcome, needs to be dog friendly too:wave:

ivecotrucker
12-01-2013, 12:09
You surprise me !! Not someone else who wants a list of dogging sites !
Seriously though it sounds like it was a useful overnight - I wonder if Mr Admin could be tempted away from his glowing screen to take a peep (in the guise of a shopping trip perhaps ?).

Wooie1958
12-01-2013, 13:44
You surprise me !! Not someone else who wants a list of dogging sites !
Seriously though it sounds like it was a useful overnight - I wonder if Mr Admin could be tempted away from his glowing screen to take a peep (in the guise of a shopping trip perhaps ?).

Did you find any " Good Ones " from the link i gave you the other day..........................LOL ?

P McClure
25-02-2013, 07:05
:help:Currently in Stratford on Avon, parked behind the leisure centre. It got a bit cold during the night and it's dumped all our fresh water.

Does anyone know we're I can refill which is close by?

Thanks

Peter

frontslide
25-02-2013, 17:13
We are heading down this way at easter on our way to Red Marley hill climb. Looking for something rural;)

Andy75
12-03-2013, 15:58
Apologies for seeing this thread so late - I live in Bidford on Avon, only 7 or so miles out.
The Crawford Memorial Hall has very large car park that is always empty at night. It is opposite Budgens, and a few yards away from a petrol station (neither are 24 hrs, so should be fairly quiet). The high street is a 5 minutes walk away, where there are more shops, restaurants and takeaways, if the need arises.
Here is a Google Maps link :
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=52.164055,-1.862971&spn=0.002201,0.00574&t=h&z=18
One can also stay over in the car park next to Bidford Bridge, but can be noisy from the youths at night :
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=52.163492,-1.856523&spn=0.002201,0.00574&t=h&z=18
If anyone in the area gets a water problem overnight like the previous poor chap, please feel free to PM / email me, and I can give you directions to my house where you will be welcome to fill up again!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS