PDA

View Full Version : This is the funniest ringtone I've heard for ages.

Bushtrekker
09-11-2012, 14:21
Download Mental Hospital ringtones to your cell phone - fun hospital mental - mentalhos | Zedge (http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1292452/?cep=0)

Firefox
09-11-2012, 15:30
Maybe not funny for certain people if they suffer from very real problems though?

Somelier
09-11-2012, 15:36
Mmmm, I'm in 2 minds about it. Who said I was paranoid?

whitevanwoman
09-11-2012, 17:01
As someone with a mental health diagnosis, I actually have this ringtone already and considered having it as my voicemail message.
But because I get stressed easily about things, I don't actually have my voicemail switched on.

I'm not offended by it, at least not at the moment, when I am relatively stable, but if I phoned a friend when I was having a bad time and heard that, I might never phone that friend again.

In view of the recent discussion on the now closed RADAR thread, I do think it is particularly insensitive to post this at this point in time.

Bushtrekker
09-11-2012, 18:49
I just came across it this afternoon whilst I was trying to find a ringtone my wife could actually hear.

whitevanwoman
09-11-2012, 21:37
I just came across it this afternoon whilst I was trying to find a ringtone my wife could actually hear.

No offence taken, just bad timing for posting.

And I suppose it's ok for me to take the p*** out of having mental health problems because I'm just taking the p*** out of myself, but it's different when someone else does it, because it feels like they are taking the p*** out of me, or people with the same problems as me, specifically.

People with mental health problems usually have very low self-esteem, although they often hide it very well for fear of what others will think of them, often as a result of past bad experiences, and we can often take things very personally when they are not directly aimed at us. Well, at least I do anyway. It's taken a long time and a lot of work to try to overcome that.

But like I said, I did find the ringtone quite funny, probably because I could relate myself to certain aspects of it, but it was just a bad time to be posting it in view of the other thread.

whitevanwoman
09-11-2012, 21:39
Here's a link to a ringtone which I use as an alarm as it's loud, it's annoying and it gets me up
Download Nuclear Alarm ringtones to your cell phone - best cool hot - 41304175 | Zedge (http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1304175/?pos=0&search=nuclear&cep=0)

n brown
09-11-2012, 21:51
No offence taken, just bad timing for posting.

And I suppose it's ok for me to take the p*** out of having mental health problems because I'm just taking the p*** out of myself, but it's different when someone else does it, because it feels like they are taking the p*** out of me, or people with the same problems as me, specifically.

People with mental health problems usually have very low self-esteem, although they often hide it very well for fear of what others will think of them, often as a result of past bad experiences, and we can often take things very personally when they are not directly aimed at us. Well, at least I do anyway. It's taken a long time and a lot of work to try to overcome that.

But like I said, I did find the ringtone quite funny, probably because I could relate myself to certain aspects of it, but it was just a bad time to be posting it in view of the other thread. very nicely put you!

whitevanwoman
09-11-2012, 22:20
very nicely put you!

Why thank you kind sir :D

caspar
09-11-2012, 23:33
For what it's worth, and to try to explain that 99% of the time I function perfectly normally, I like it and find it amusing.

I really don't want to dwell on the radar key issue either for myself, any other posters, or particularly Phil who I admire hugely and does a fantastic job. He will understand what I mean, as may the mods. The difference is this is intended as humour - earlier was not, but it is now in the past and I hope sincerely we can all move on.

Thanks for the thought though, and Bushtrekker - it's good!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS