PDA

View Full Version : I want a sea of motorhomes in the car park!

THE BRIDGE INN
01-12-2012, 23:31
Hi all. we love this site as it was such a help in the first months of motorhoming and now we are offering a place to stop over.

We are on the on the A425 between Daventry and Southam at THE BRIDGE INN, NAPTON ON THE HILL, CV47 8NQ

As fellow motorhomers ( in fact until upstairs at The Bridge is ripped out we are permanant in ours in car park) So we welcome you to wild camp with us, in fact if you do join us we are so convinced you will stay for a few days for a pint or two that tea and toast are free with us in the morning if you can stand eating in your pjs in the pub !
FANCY A MH MEET HERE ...on the oxford canal close to Lemington and Warwick.....how about one of the dates below?
We have events on here through December you may like to attend, please join our Facebook www.facebook.com/bridge.napton or our website www.thebridgenapton.co.uk.
7th December Soloist and acts fron A&R Cabaret
8th December Folk night with William James Pound and his harmonica and his friends
14th A&R Cabaret ...feathers, frills and tassels
22nd The Harry Rag Band ...come and dance the night away
NEW YEARS EVE Lisa the Diva...she will have you dancing in to 2013
Hope to see you all xxxxxx Kate and Jim contact is easier through Facebook http//www.Facebook.com/bridge.napton

flyby
01-12-2012, 23:57
Well then, if you want to see your car park full of mh arrange a meet then????

THE BRIDGE INN
02-12-2012, 02:51
I hadnt thought of arranging a meet......xEdited post....choose a date ..see you soon

Dezi
02-12-2012, 06:44
Hi all. we love this site as it was such a help in the first months of motorhoming and now we are offering a place to stop over.

We are on the on the A425 between Daventry and Southam at THE BRIDGE INN, NAPTON ON THE HILL, CV47 8NQ

As fellow motorhomers ( in fact until upstairs at The Bridge is ripped out we are permanant in ours in car park) So we welcome you to wild camp with us, in fact if you do join us we are so convinced you will stay for a few days for a pint or two that tea and toast are free with us in the morning if you can stand eating in your pjs in the pub !
FANCY A MH MEET HERE ...on the oxford canal close to Lemington and Warwick.....how about one of the dates below?
We have events on here through December you may like to attend, please join our Facebook www.facebook.com/bridge.napton or our website www.thebridgenapton.co.uk.
7th December Soloist and acts fron A&R Cabaret
8th December Folk night with James Pound and his harmonica and his friends
14th A&R Cabaret ...feathers, frills and tassels
22nd The Harry Rag Band ...come and dance the night away
NEW YEARS EVE Lisa the Diva...she will have you dancing in to 2013
Hope to see you all xxxxxx Kate and Jim

HI, As usual we will be visiting family & friends in the west midlands between Christmas & New year so we may well call in for an overnight on the return down south.

Are the feathers frills & tassels de rigueur ? Not totally sure I still have any that fit.

Dezi :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Deleted user 21925
02-12-2012, 08:15
Sounds like a great place for a meet. Thank you for the offer.

Ted
02-12-2012, 08:30
Do you mean Will Pound? If so I wish I was nearer, best harmonica player you'll ever jear and lives on a barge!

donkey too
02-12-2012, 08:41
Place looks great on Google.
I reckon you can expect a visit from people like me (as soon as I am able to drive again), RT, Rob, Firefox. WOW! this list is beginning to look like a piss artist directory.:lol-053:

dave and mary
02-12-2012, 09:10
Thanks it sounds great just checking our diary but we will be there soon do you need us to let you know or is it just turn up :drive:

thanka again

chubadub
02-12-2012, 09:24
Sounds great, another dog friendly pub,

That is till my three have been there :dog::dog::dog:, :cheers:

Funky Farmer
02-12-2012, 09:36
Hi

How many units can you accommodate for a meet? Just askin';)

daz
02-12-2012, 10:06
fairly local-ish to me, I think I'll pop over one weekend for our inaugural stopover, once I've sorted some heating out, it's bloody cold out there :)

jennyp19
02-12-2012, 11:19
Sounds good - I hope we can visit one/two nights in the new year.

Chris K5
02-12-2012, 11:50
Sound like fun we will have to make a visit some time.

I just found you on google maps, a 3 hour drive for me not sure if we can make it this year but will be up next year.

Millie
02-12-2012, 15:40
What a fantastic offer - thank you. Toast for breakfast too :tongue:

I can see a Southern Frosties New Year meet coming on :banana::banana::cheers::banana::banana:

MORGANTHEMOON
02-12-2012, 15:50

I can see a Southern Frosties New Year meet coming on :banana::banana::cheers::banana::banana:

Sounds good

Millie
02-12-2012, 16:03
You lot don't hang about do you - 3 likes in 3 minutes. I take it that means you will be up for a New Year meet then. :)

I've already contacted Kate and Jim to see how many vans they can accommodate and will start a new thread if peeps are interested.

Funky Farmer
02-12-2012, 16:10
You lot don't hang about do you - 3 likes in 3 minutes. I take it that means you will be up for a New Year meet then. :)

I've already contacted Kate and Jim to see how many vans they can accommodate and will start a new thread if peeps are interested.
:ditto:

:mad1::lol-053:

Bushtrekker
02-12-2012, 17:09
A canal next door for the canoe as well, can't be bad.

MORGANTHEMOON
02-12-2012, 18:19

Yes but the big question is do they sell Doombar?

Deleted user 21925
02-12-2012, 18:21
Yes but the big question is do they sell Doombar?

According to their website it's John Smiths and Guest beers. perhaps it could be arranged!

TheCoggins
02-12-2012, 20:33

Sounds like a fab idea:fun:

Randonneur
02-12-2012, 20:40
I used to drive past your place every day when I worked in Daventry and can confirm it would be a brilliant place for a meet! :dance:

Right on the canal side, so you'll need to be careful which way you turn to go back to your van after a couple of snifta's!!! :cheers: :scared:

THE BRIDGE INN
02-12-2012, 20:48
hi guys. Yes we are dog friendly. Its turn up whenever you like unless its on an event night just call ahead but we would love to see fellow motorhomers here x

THE BRIDGE INN
02-12-2012, 20:52
Car park isn't huge maybe 30 cars but can't imagine we will be full with motorhomers but would be nice so I'm guessing tenish ..Google earth the car park cv478nq

noarlunga
02-12-2012, 20:53
Do you mean Will Pound? If so I wish I was nearer, best harmonica player you'll ever jear and lives on a barge!

Hey Ted, you're not wrong there. I spent this afternoon next to Will in a London pub playing in a great tune session. If it is Will Pound at the Bridge Inn he's well worth a listen.

This sounds a great pub for a future music meet!

Johnny Adams

THE BRIDGE INN
02-12-2012, 21:02
Will pound and Nicky and friends on the 8th

lotusanne
02-12-2012, 21:52
That's brilliant! I really like what you said and also liked the sound of the entertainament - like dancing night away to Harry Rag band! I googled it and its a 150 miles for me, so not too close, but could well be down that wat some time and definitely one I would like to check out, good luck with it all .:wave:

THE BRIDGE INN
02-12-2012, 22:20
HI, As usual we will be visiting family & friends in the west midlands between Christmas & New year so we may well call in for an overnight on the return down south.

Are the feathers frills & tassels de rigueur ? Not totally sure I still have any that fit.

Dezi :cheers::cheers::cheers: Ha ha ...no you can wear stocking and suspenders instead....just come as you are and have fun x

dave and mary
03-12-2012, 06:32
hi guys. Yes we are dog friendly. Its turn up whenever you like unless its on an event night just call ahead but we would love to see fellow motorhomers here x

Hi , would it be ok to take up your offer this friday for a couple of nights thanks. :drive:

Admin
03-12-2012, 06:52
My Parents used to live a stones through from here at Ventnor Farm Marina

Funky Farmer
03-12-2012, 07:39
My Parents used to live a stones through from here at Ventnor Farm Marina

Woo Hoo
We will keep an eye out for the blue plaque ... :wacko:

Ted
03-12-2012, 13:05
Hey Ted, you're not wrong there. I spent this afternoon next to Will in a London pub playing in a great tune session. If it is Will Pound at the Bridge Inn he's well worth a listen.

This sounds a great pub for a future music meet!

Johnny Adams

Nicky and Will played a concert in our house recently, 30 very happy people in out front room. Incredible. A barrel of Roosters Yankee, far superior to Doombar, helped the gig along!

THE BRIDGE INN
04-12-2012, 02:08
Hi , would it be ok to take up your offer this friday for a couple of nights thanks. :drive:

Hope you got my message ?

dave and mary
04-12-2012, 07:10
Hope you got my message ?

yes thanks see you friday

kimbowbill
07-12-2012, 05:03
Brill, how refreshing, i will put you on my list of friendly places to stay and will be arranging a meet at yours come the spring

thanks

MORGANTHEMOON
07-12-2012, 07:51
Brill, how refreshing, i will put you on my list of friendly places to stay and will be arranging a meet at yours come the spring

thanks

Niceto see you around kimbo I've missed you. :sad:

THE BRIDGE INN
08-12-2012, 21:58

thanks fabulous!

THE BRIDGE INN
08-12-2012, 21:59
yes thanks see you friday

lovely to meet you x Kate and Jim

Aladdinsane
08-12-2012, 23:39
Bog off Scarborough!! and I live there.

Derk
09-12-2012, 08:09
Hi, we are considering options for a New year bash. Are any other motorhomes staying over new year and do we need to book?
Cheers
Derk

dave and mary
09-12-2012, 18:42
We have never been to a pub and felt like locals after only 2 days but we did here

The car park was not full of m/h but what a great time we have had this weekend, our hosts Kate and Jim made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived. On friday night there was cabaret on so you could eat and be entertained, the food was good and a good choice, alternatively you could just sit and chater in the lounge. The pub is right by the canal so a good walk along the towpath, this we did up to the marina and saw a good selection of barges. The car park is of a good size and has a field attached to it so for the summer months there is a lot of possibilities. The highlight of our weekend was saturday night a group of 7 folk musicians had a jam session in one of the bars, it was impossible it keep your feet still. you could join in if you felt like it, just a great evening. So keep an eye out10336103351033410337 on their web site for future events, as its well worth going, we intend to return very soon.

MORGANTHEMOON
10-12-2012, 09:15
I will certainly be trying out this venue and perhaps we can have a frosties meet there.

Chris K5
10-12-2012, 20:46
We are definitely going to have to visit here.

bayneclan
16-12-2012, 20:58
We have done a few of the suggested pubs on this site and can say we have yet to be disappointed but most have been a good trek away so this would be fab for a quick break, we will definitely be making a visit very soon

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS