PDA

View Full Version : Overnighting in the Netherlands

Belgian
15-11-2007, 13:23
Up till now there was a general ban on wild camping and even overnighting in the Netherlands; (fines up to 150 on the Zeeland-coast ! :().
There is a law-proposal to comply with EU-rules from jan 1, 2008. Overnighting should be no longer unlawfull (without showing camping activities=sleeping in the van, max 24hrs). Wildcamping will still be prohibited.
Things are moving over there. Allready several yachtingharbours have opened their facilities for MH's (+fee) . Councils are preparing MH-parkings; others are pulling up heightbarriers :confused:
Why does the UK not follow ? :confused:
Keep you informed.

grath
15-11-2007, 17:58
Up till now there was a general ban on wild camping and even overnighting in the Netherlands; (fines up to 150 on the Zeeland-coast ! :().
There is a law-proposal to comply with EU-rules from jan 1, 2008. Overnighting should be no longer unlawfull (without showing camping activities=sleeping in the van, max 24hrs). Wildcamping will still be prohibited.
Things are moving over there. Allready several yachtingharbours have opened their facilities for MH's (+fee) . Councils are preparing MH-parkings; others are pulling up heightbarriers :confused:
Why does the UK not follow ? :confused:
Keep you informed.

Because we have too many rules and regulations and too many jobs worths!
We will never do anything about it because we will never stick together. Unlike the French:D

Belgian
15-11-2007, 19:43
The Dutch have the same illness. In Belgium we stick them in the ass. And "Brittannia waves the rules" ???
Regards Leo
(by chance: do you have a spare government for this apecountry ??)

cipro
16-11-2007, 14:42
The Dutch have the same illness. In Belgium we stick them in the ass. And "Brittannia waves the rules" ???
Regards Leo
(by chance: do you have a spare government for this apecountry ??)

You r welcome to some of our politions. Been to Belgian couple of times and had no probs.

It still surprises me why mh across the drink want to come her because of the rising prices of fuel, councils not encouraging wild camping, camp sites been around 20 per night per couple ( ouch ) compared to 10 in France.

Yes there is alto of interesting places to visit in GB but I am manly criticising attitude by our government. ( off soap box ).:):)

lenny
16-11-2007, 15:02
You r welcome to some of our politions. Been to Belgian couple of times and had no probs.

It still surprises me why mh across the drink want to come her because of the rising prices of fuel, councils not encouraging wild camping, camp sites been around 20 per night per couple ( ouch ) compared to 10 in France.

Yes there is alto of interesting places to visit in GB but I am manly criticising attitude by our government. ( off soap box ).:):)

20 a night if you're lucky,what about the 2 anight for the little dog,,3 a night for the awning,pup tent etc.

zulurita
27-11-2007, 15:29
If the Dutch are doing it to comply with EU rules doesn't the UK have to comply with them?!!!!!!

Belgian
27-11-2007, 18:01
Don't praise the lord before the mass is over. ;)
It should be from newyear onwards; but it could take a longtime until it seapes down through the local thickheads. But there's hope: the town of Hulst (Flemish Zeeland) has already a MH-parking.Axel and Terneuzen are following.:)
(For the record: I'm flemish, dutchspeaking, but I'm not dutch- :confused:)

Lebos
13-12-2007, 22:26
In Zeeland, the piece of the Netherlands between the eastern and western Schelde (just above Belgium) wild camping is allowed for 5 following nights if you first send an e-mail to the council asking permission.

send your e-mail to: gemeente@reimerswaal.nl

They allow 5 motorhomes (at the same time) to stay (and stand) anywhere they want within the 8 villages/towns that make the region "Reimerswaal" - these are: Kruiningen - Krabbendijke - Oostdijk - Rilland - Bath - Hansweert - Yerseke and Weert. An event is the yearly musselsday in Yerseke (for 2008 this will be on the 16th of august) and this year we assure you there where more than just the 5 motorhomes allowed.
Last year we found ourselves a place right in the center, this year we had chosen to stay near the Julianahaven. On this day the streets are full of life, there is a big market all along the harbor, there is a fair, you can take place on a ship for a tour from about 1 hour (free) and get a plate of those delicious mussels for only 2/portion/person. There are musical events untill late at night, fireworks, concerts of local bands and a mini-taptoe.
Let this info be an idea if you plan your holiday on our mainland as a well worrh stop to make ;)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS