PDA

View Full Version : Lligwy bay, Anglsey.

dogseal
21-11-2007, 23:40
Col Kurtz, (Gaz) Storms a wrecked boat near Lligwy bay, Anglsey.

Any wild camping spots nearby?

dogseal.

dogseal
21-11-2007, 23:52
Col Kurtz, (Gaz) Storms a wrecked boat near Lligwy bay, Anglsey.

Any wild camping spots nearby?

dogseal.

Another wrecked boat nr Lligwy bay.

mikejay
22-11-2007, 19:18
cool pics dogseal we normally goto southstack nice place to overnight was there this weekend and we thought that the van was going to get blown away it was lashing it down and windy as hell.

Mike

sherpa
04-10-2009, 13:13
The car park straight down from Din LLigwy ancient village is free out of season and a nominal charge by the farmer in season.

Telstar
04-10-2009, 16:09
If I recall correctly, Lligwy has a couple of car parks at each side of the beach. That said I didn't know about any ship wrecks.

One of the car parks is owned by the local campsite and I believe has CCTV on it, or at least that is what the notice suggests. I once parked on the road going down from the gift shop at Lligwy to the beach, where the road opens up. We arrived very late and left early, no trouble but I wouldn't recommend it, we used it in an emergency. That said I believe there was a CL or CS there.

Jon

AndyC
04-10-2009, 16:37
If I recall correctly, Lligwy has a couple of car parks at each side of the beach. That said I didn't know about any ship wrecks.

One of the car parks is owned by the local campsite and I believe has CCTV on it, or at least that is what the notice suggests. I once parked on the road going down from the gift shop at Lligwy to the beach, where the road opens up. We arrived very late and left early, no trouble but I wouldn't recommend it, we used it in an emergency. That said I believe there was a CL or CS there.

Jon
We visited a couple of years ago and both the car parks had a notice up saying overnighting was possible for 8: N53 21.683' W4 16.004' and N53 21.532' W4 15.667'

Don't know the current situation, has anyone been recently?

AndyC

tresrikay
05-10-2009, 18:02
The car park on Lligwy beach, the one with
the shop come snack bar allows parking overnight parking...... now 10 in the Summer..... but is unmanned in the winter but you may get the owner asking for a few quid.

caspar
13-09-2010, 13:29
Just to clear a few things up! Firstly there is NO CCTV in either of the two car parks. Secondly both car parks are owned by the same people who live down the track behind the "minor" one (the one without the toilets!) and BOTH potentially incur a fee of 10 per night - correct at time of writing as I paid it four nights ago.

Out of season you are very unlikely to be charged in either car park, but might be, so never stay unless you're prepared to cough up 10. The "minor" car park is the one you're much less likely to be charged in as this is only manned during really busy times by the owners' son / daughter. That said, the owners drive through it to get to the other car park in the morning and to get home at night, so if they think it's worth their while they will come and charge you.

John Thompson
14-09-2010, 14:26
Just to clear a few things up! Firstly there is NO CCTV in either of the two car parks. Secondly both car parks are owned by the same people who live down the track behind the "minor" one (the one without the toilets!) and BOTH potentially incur a fee of 10 per night - correct at time of writing as I paid it four nights ago.

Out of season you are very unlikely to be charged in either car park, but might be, so never stay unless you're prepared to cough up 10. The "minor" car park is the one you're much less likely to be charged in as this is only manned during really busy times by the owners' son / daughter. That said, the owners drive through it to get to the other car park in the morning and to get home at night, so if they think it's worth their while they will come and charge you.

Is that 10 without a hookup. I am on a C&CC CS and paying 9.50 with a hookup. Another CL I stay on is 10 with full facilities including WiFi and satelite hookup to a fully serviced bay. He has just (1st August) started charging for electric at 1 for 8kw

John

caspar
14-09-2010, 20:51
Is that 10 without a hookup. I am on a C&CC CS and paying 9.50 with a hookup. Another CL I stay on is 10 with full facilities including WiFi and satelite hookup to a fully serviced bay. He has just (1st August) started charging for electric at 1 for 8kw

John

That's with no facilities. Both are both beach car parks. One has toilets which are locked every night, the other has nothing. During high season there is a shop in both car parks selling ice creams etc.... You pay purely for being by the beach in a pleasant, quiet spot.

elddis
16-09-2010, 19:11
have stopped here many times.only been charged a few,the owner(vic)calls down now and again and usually just has a brew.great bloke to get on with.would recommend this car park to one and all,but hey leave room for us.

caspar
17-09-2010, 18:36
Couldn't agree more, but note my warning in the other thread about the man claiming to be the owner. I was lucky as our family knows the owner well and my parents are not far off neighbours of him!

elddis
26-09-2010, 21:55
vic has now put a sign up thanking all his costomers for this year and that the car park is now free till march 2011,noted this on 21/09 stayed 2 nights.fantastic as ever

caspar
27-09-2010, 10:33
vic has now put a sign up thanking all his costomers for this year and that the car park is now free till march 2011,noted this on 21/09 stayed 2 nights.fantastic as ever

Brilliant news, well done Vic - what a nice bloke he is! Thanks for letting us know. I'm back down there AGAIN next week!

AndyC
27-09-2010, 15:29
Has he won his battle with the council do you know?

AndyC

caspar
27-09-2010, 17:53
I think it's still ongoing. Will try to check when I'm there and let you know!

dogseal
28-09-2010, 20:46
Hi to all.
Stayed on the top car park 3 years ago when Gaz got his new van..it was his first outing in it. We met up at the ancient monument site layby, got some fish n chips at Moelfre n had a few beers..like you do. Our lass got woke up at midnight by some boy racer tearing round the car park.
Having said that, I stayed at the bottom car park a couple of weeks ago & it was fine. The highlight of the evening was some folks trying to set the dunes alight with Chinese lanterns, Fools! too windy!

Nice place, just stay at the bottom car park.

Dogseal.

caspar
29-09-2010, 09:46
I think you were unlucky with the top car park - very unusual to hit any problems there, but you're MUCH more likely to charged in that one in season.

Next time you're in Moelfre let me know and I'll meet you for a few drinks - I'm there every fortnight or so as my elderly parents live about 200 yards up the road from the chippy!

Lower car park is great, but please don't be put off the top one by your one experience - it is honestly very unusual.

Gerbie
03-01-2011, 16:37
Hi, Stayed in the top car park many times, only had hassle from racers a couple of times, they dont stay long,but they can throw stones up from their wheels which have hit our van ocassionally, view makes up for the hassle though, and there are usually a couple of other vans there aswell for company, cheers gerbie

Kev
03-01-2011, 22:03
........Next time you're in Moelfre let me know and I'll meet you for a few drinks - I'm there every fortnight or so as my elderly parents live about 200 yards up the road from the chippy!..........

So did mine, Arianfor, first bungalow up from the corner of Nant Bychan...

I've stayed quite a few times at Lligwy off-season and have never been charged, have always been very wary of spreading it around though in case it got too well known...

Kev

MATS
01-06-2011, 16:57
Lligwy is now not a good spot. Arrived Sunday 29 May and full of vans (9+), generators going - ahhhhhh. Cap it off owner of car park came round demanding 10.
Try Cemly Beach instead by Cemaes - bit further but worth every mile and view is superior with only 1 or 2 vans maybe.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS