PDA

View Full Version : France in Feb

champstar
02-01-2013, 13:21
Hi All planning to head back to france during feb for a couple of months touring...anyone reccommend the best place to head for for a little better weather....thinking of down the atlantic coast to the south....any tips on routes (Toll free) and good spots/aires.

cheers

ValinFrance
16-01-2013, 10:47
Hi
Would love to recommend this area (just south of Poitiers) but February can be very unpredictable - you would probably find the best weather on the Med coast... if it was me, I'd head to this area!

http://joobili.com/mimosa_festival_mandelieu-la-napoule_12828/

madbluemad
16-01-2013, 10:51
Hi
Would love to recommend this area (just south of Poitiers) but February can be very unpredictable - you would probably find the best weather on the Med coast... if it was me, I'd head to this area!

Mimosa Festival 2013 - Joobili (http://joobili.com/mimosa_festival_mandelieu-la-napoule_12828/)

Me too. February is probabley the coldest month of all.

loulou
16-01-2013, 11:23
Hi Champstar, we agree with ValinFrance and suggest the Med region, in particular a good wildcamping spot on the D613 near junction with D158, there are laybys on both sides of the D613. It is a main road but laid away so not too noisy but you'll be too busy looking at the views and eating oysters, prawns and other shellfish and fish. This location is overlooking the Etang du Thau and Sete and is the home of Bouzigues oysters. The local coast line is lovely but very popular with visitors so beware of height barriers, village parkung restrictions and boulders barring access, but there are many places to be found.

Check the photos and good luck.

Places to visit;
Noily Pratt-, in Marseillan
Villages of Meze, Bouzigues,
Marc de Muscat from the Coop in Frontignan, unique and delicious local muscat brandy, very smooth, cheapest at the Coop @ 18/bottle
Plenty of supermarkets around.
Avoid parking in or near the port of Sete, many N. African pikies, park away and go in by bus/train. Fantastic view from top of Sete mount.
Balaruc les Bains, spa resort and great outdoor market.
Excellent local wines, reds, whites and roses.
Lots more info on local tourist office websites

Have fun and enjoy

:have fun: :cheers: :drive:

champstar
17-01-2013, 12:29
Thanks for the replies it now looks like the end of feb when we will be crossing...the festival looked good but will miss it as just booked the tunnel and got lots to do and plan

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS