PDA

View Full Version : Ringwood

anskyber
08-07-2004, 11:23
Ringwood Hampshire

There is a lorry park just outside of Ringwood on the Poole road. Its free and very quite, it has toilets. I can’t remember the exact directions, but it was the Poole side of the Bournemouth spur road.

cobaltkoala
16-10-2006, 12:54
13/14 October 06 Used this and found it safe and excellent for a night stopover. Slept 10pm till 8am No problems.

FunGuysUK
16-01-2007, 10:41
The place is Avon Heath Country Park. They allow MH to park in the lorry section for free. There are toilets (although locked overnight), a cafe and visitors centre. We too had a very good night there then took one of their country walks before breakfast.

Details can be found at
http://www.ruraldorset.com/days/details.asp?FKID=8&ID=25

This is actually in Dorset so I will post the details there too

Aaron_TransitVan
20-03-2007, 09:55
Anyone know of other places like this in the new forest/ ringwood areas?

DaveC
13-07-2007, 18:42
Ringwood Hampshire

There is a lorry park just outside of Ringwood on the Poole road. Its free and very quite, it has toilets. I can€™t remember the exact directions, but it was the Poole side of the Bournemouth spur road.

Lorry park is Avon Forest Country Park on the A31 just outside Ringwood. Go past Ringwood towards Poole, under tha Ashley Heath Roundabout and take the next roundabout left oppisite a Little Chef. (Park is signposted). There are toilets and water and it is quiet. Does get busy with lorries, can be difficult to find a space if you leave parking till to late. Toilets get locked up at night now because of vandalisum but they leave the disabled one open!

This information was found at http//rutgerbooy.nl/Wildcamping.htm

SteveJ
25-08-2007, 20:56
I stayed there for one night last week. Very busy with lorries. Was full by 20:00. Lorries leaving all through the night was very disturbing, only 3 left at 07:00 the following morning. I did not find the water mentioned in an earlier post but the disabled toilet was useful and apparently (talking to the lorry drivers) there are showers available in the Main cafe block until quite late. Also a public phone box

The park itself is interesting. Lots of walks, a large children's play area (that is a large play area rather than one for large kids!) a cafe, visitor center with lots of information, fields and BBQ areas. There is also a petrol station (inc small shop) selling LPG very near where the road joins the A31 (to the left as you rejoin the A31 but you may need to go down to the next roundabout and loop back, I didn't go that way).

The lorry park is on a Road is called Brocks Pine (Ringwood). GPS Coordinates are approx: N50.82601 .83205

I would NOT recommend this site due to the noise and disruption of lorries moving throughout the night.

Hope that is helpful. Steve (August 2007)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS