PDA

View Full Version : iam free

IAM FREE
20-01-2013, 11:27
Hi Is there anyone who is living full time in a motor home with no permanent home to go back to. I don't understand people who say they are full timing & wild camping when they have a property to go back to should things go wrong. So if there is anyone permanently living in there motor home please make contact would love to chat to you. Mel

gaz2676
20-01-2013, 12:28
we met a woman in pooley bridge who told us she was fulltiming in her camper with a cat an dog an had no intension of ever having a mortgage or paying rent again seemed like she was nt mad and she said she was enjoying herself dont know how she came on for bank account and mail...... she might even be on here somewhere

MORGANTHEMOON
20-01-2013, 12:29
There are several full timers on here.

n brown
20-01-2013, 12:43
there's loads on tucked away sites all over,a number of sites round my way ,tucked away most people have no idea they're there. at least 2 in the centre of town.the people are pretty interesting,setting up festivals all over the world,living off crafts etc.find one near you and just introduce yourself.thats apart from the hundreds quietly living in vans and caravans in the backstreets!

marydot
20-01-2013, 13:45
I wonder what happens if the motorhome needs to go into a garage for repairs - do you need to have a B&B contingency fund? Or a tent?

Marydot

voyagerstan
20-01-2013, 14:54
you just go along with van into garage done it afew times in euope and even easier in africa . you can always use care of address for banks dvla ect .
in moroc at moment 25deg sunny.:cool::cool::cool:stan

FULL TIMER
20-01-2013, 18:14
Yep me and the Mrs sold up everything November 2006, I suppose at a push we could resort to using my parents granny annex as we use thier address for all relevent paperwork etc but other than that its just us the dog and the truck ............can't beat it.........Mark

roamingman
21-01-2013, 19:25
Not in a camper van, but we did sell up and lifted in a caravan for 2/half years, but because of disability's we started renting, but we have a Land Rover Camper
now, we have been getting it back to usable condition, will se what happens, not much more to do, see progress on our web site, below.

n brown
21-01-2013, 19:38
probably mad,but i liked to paint myself into a corner.come back to england,rent a house,put the kids in school,get rid of the knackered van and get another.find work,get money,fit van out,sell acquisitions that don't fit in van,burn furniture in garden-----offski !!! straight to the nearest ferry and here we go again.funny old life but the accent was on fun !

Ironjaws
21-01-2013, 19:59
Roamingman, You've got more guts than me; what a project. Good luck.

IAM FREE
26-01-2013, 18:56
Yep me and the Mrs sold up everything November 2006, I suppose at a push we could resort to using my parents granny annex as we use thier address for all relevent paperwork etc but other than that its just us the dog and the truck ............can't beat it.........Mark

Hi Mark Nice to hear someone on this site is living full time in there truck, what made your minds up to sell up everything & do this. I myself have got a small motor home and i must admit i love going to places & waking up to a different view each morning i hate it when iam home & get bored depressed very quickly. I want to buy a larger motor home that i can live in permanently but my head is not letting me take the bull by the horns to do this.

FULL TIMER
26-01-2013, 21:03
Hi Mark Nice to hear someone on this site is living full time in there truck, what made your minds up to sell up everything & do this. I myself have got a small motor home and i must admit i love going to places & waking up to a different view each morning i hate it when iam home & get bored depressed very quickly. I want to buy a larger motor home that i can live in permanently but my head is not letting me take the bull by the horns to do this.

Hello there, I suppose we finally made the decission back in 2006 after think about doing it for a couple of years, main reasons were the fact that house prices were very high at the time and we had only bought it about 6-7 years before at a low price it was at that time valued and sold at nearly three times what we paid for it and we only had a very low mortage. BUT what really pushed us into it was the fact that I'm self employed and had very little work at the time and it was getting harder to keep up with the bills etc so it was more or less the case of either sell it or possibly lose it .
Turned out to be a good decission as it was only on the market for a few weeks if that, and our first viewer bought it complete with contents even down to the cutlery in the drawer, not long after the prices started dropping drastically and the rest is history. I still work in the family business as and when needed so we tend to stay pretty local to Norwich, in fact we have been staying in the works yard since just before christmas, very handy and with our own water supply and electric . This life is not for everyone but if like us you enjoy the outdoors, a bit of travelling and meeting new people etc or even if you like a bit of solitude it can be a great way of life we certainly live and eat well and definatley enjoy ourselves, whilst in the house all we did was work and penny pinch just to survive and keep the authorities coffers filled up. I wouldn't change for anything......Mark

baloothebear
27-01-2013, 06:38
we met a woman in pooley bridge who told us she was fulltiming in her camper with a cat an dog

Our cat is the only thing stopping us. He's the best one we've owned and I'd hate for him to run off if we went some where different

voyagerstan
27-01-2013, 10:27
put the cat on alead for a while to get it used to being around van and just do it . know several people who have cats on who travel full time . even saw someone at la linia sp with vietnamese pot belly pig that slept under table when they traveled but dont think i would fancy that .:):)

cooljules
27-01-2013, 17:15
i would love to do it but no where to keep my airfix kits :-(

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS