PDA

View Full Version : Solar panel advice please

FULL TIMER
22-01-2013, 20:56
Hello there, I'm after fitting some solar panels to the truck and have seen these on a certain site, 2pcs 100W Solar panel kit,20A MPPT 12/24V regulator,wiring Wholesale,fast ship | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-100W-Solar-panel-kit-20A-MPPT-12-24V-regulator-wiring-Wholesale-fast-ship-/200822935294?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item2ec1facefe)

just wondering if those on here who know about these things think they are upto the job , reasonable value and if anyone has bought from this seller and resulting experience etc. I have a 24v battery bank consisting of 2 100amp batteries

maingate
22-01-2013, 21:59
Send a pm to Techno100.

He knows the good and bad ebay suppliers. His experience will be invaluable.

FULL TIMER
22-01-2013, 22:13
Ok will do .......thanks, I've already been warned off the seller in the link.

Sparks
22-01-2013, 23:21
Post Deleted

FULL TIMER
22-01-2013, 23:47
strange, I was warned off this seller by a member of another forum as he had bad dealings with them and also mentioned that they sell under many usernames.It certainly seems as though some items are priced differently depending which username you come across

Wooie1958
23-01-2013, 05:34
Hello there, I'm after fitting some solar panels to the truck and have seen these on a certain site, 2pcs 100W Solar panel kit,20A MPPT 12/24V regulator,wiring Wholesale,fast ship | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-100W-Solar-panel-kit-20A-MPPT-12-24V-regulator-wiring-Wholesale-fast-ship-/200822935294?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item2ec1facefe)

just wondering if those on here who know about these things think they are upto the job , reasonable value and if anyone has bought from this seller and resulting experience etc. I have a 24v battery bank consisting of 2 100amp batteries

Hi Full Timer,

That`s who i got my Solar Kit off last year and it`s perfect, cannot fault it or the seller.

My only wish is that i`d bought a larger panel so i`ll be buying another off them shortly.

Ordered on a Monday morning, despatched the same day and delivered bright and early Tuesday morning by Parcelforce.

It was also despatched from the UK ( Portsmouth i think ) so no chance of any nasty Customs Charges.

ozzo
23-01-2013, 06:32
Any advice on flexible panel fixing - can they be stuck down directly onto the roof (my van roof has ridges about 5-10mm high). Is there any disadvantage to using them as opposed to rigid ones as I'm trying to get away from drilling extra holes in the roof TBH? Are flexible ones as efficient as rigid ones?

Thanks

FULL TIMER
24-01-2013, 18:18
Well thanks for all the replies people, it seems to get a lot more expensive when wanting to charge a 24v system double the panels etc, and for the amount of panels I can actually fit and the amount of amperage available along with the fact that I mostly use hook up and only really wanted the solar option for the odd rally or two, I think I would probably be better off using a small silent running generator and letting my 25 amp charger work on the batteries for an hour now and then when needed, it would also give us the option of a bit of 240v power whilst running and of course use it within my business.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS