PDA

View Full Version : Gas refills in Northern France

lifeon4wheels
31-01-2013, 12:57
Hi all,
We're in Selestat not far south of Strasbourg at the minute and are all out of gas. We've got Campinggas 907s and are looking to get them refilled/exchanged. Can anyone help on the best place to do this? We stopped off at an Auchan that wanted almost 50 euros for a full 907 and the staff had no idea what I was on about when I asked about refills. We're heading north to Strasbourg then west to Nancy and Metz so any places around this area would be great.
All help appreciated since we're a little fed up of living on sandwiches!!!!

Tony Lee
31-01-2013, 15:18
Not a direct answer, but we bought a new 13kg bottle from Carryfour for less than 20 euro - full of gas. I euro for the bottle and 19 for the contents If you are going to spend a lot of time in France, that might be an answer. Would need to buy an adaptor or different regulator though.

dave and mary
31-01-2013, 16:29
Yes carryfour for camping gaz most of there stores have them but we have found they do not have them in the garages but yes in the stores, on a few occasions we have had to point out to them that we are exchanging one as they often have the price on them for a new bottle and not an exchange.

Hymerkar
31-01-2013, 18:27
Look out for a Motorhome dealer, or a Chandelery for an exchange,for a 907.

Tbear
31-01-2013, 18:28
Hi Lifeon4wheels,

Many of the larger Supermarkets have them on sale/exchange inside but are very expensive so as advised above, if you have room I would get a local cylinder and reg.

Richard

lebesset
31-01-2013, 18:39
exchange price is about 20 , try an intermarche branch and take in the empty with you

how big a bottle can you get in ?

witzend
31-01-2013, 20:11
I agree with Lebesset around 20 euros at a intermarche and just buy a bottle 1 euro desposit I had no problem with this and got the regulator also in the shop. their is no difference in the propane and butane bottles same thread so be sure you get the one you want

Have had a quick look at your blog will be more thorough later thanks for sharing

lifeon4wheels
01-02-2013, 12:06
Thanks everyone. I was hoping to just get an exchange as we have a tiny cupboard that fits in the two 907 bottles we have, now both empty. We've only got a couple of weeks left so we can probably make do but I'll check out intermarche and see what we can find.

lifeon4wheels
05-02-2013, 16:09
Thanks all we managed to get an exchange in Bricomarche after much bumbled french and 5 different sales assistants! Big palaver but we have heating again and hot dinners, hurrah!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS