PDA

View Full Version : W'End 11-13th Jan Derbyshire

Geoff.W
11-12-2007, 20:23
Have been reading through the threads and descusion for this meet seems scattered about so I thought I would start this thread. (Pure selfishness really just took be ages to find something).

Story so far, I think.

Proposal to hold a meet at Monsal Head (carpark by pub?) on weekend 11th - 13th jan.

A few members seem to be showing an interest.

Questions:- How many are interested and how suitable is the location for however many who wish to go. Really need some local input on that.

If location is not suitable any other suggestions.

loubylou
11-12-2007, 22:47
Please, dont change it.
Just one question, are there any loos about, as we havent got one?:o

snowgoose
12-12-2007, 00:57
Please, dont change it.

Hi Loobyloo can sell you a bucket cheaply. Depending on van I'd like to try to get there
Snowgoose

tonyfu
12-12-2007, 06:42
Would like to get along to this but may have other comittments . . . will be able to say for definite a bit nearer the time.

Tony :)

mandrake
12-12-2007, 06:53
Please, dont change it.
there are some public toilets at monsel head,i think they are open 24 7 and they are quite cleen.(well the gents are carnt vouch for ladies)at the moment dont look like we are gona make a meet anywhare,unless its on my driveway as the doc as advised me not to drive for a while due to some tablets i am taking.

tresrikay
12-12-2007, 09:44
Please, dont change it.

Yes loubylou, There are public toilets in the car park and toilets in the pub.:)

grath
12-12-2007, 09:47
Have been reading through the threads and descusion for this meet seems scattered about so I thought I would start this thread. (Pure selfishness really just took be ages to find something).

Story so far, I think.

Proposal to hold a meet at Monsal Head (carpark by pub?) on weekend 11th - 13th jan.

Questions:- How many are interested and how suitable is the location for however many who wish to go. Really need some local input on that.

Hi Geoff.
Thanks and we will let you know nearer the time.:cool:

tresrikay
12-12-2007, 09:58
If you want to find out where it is, how big etc, go to google maps, type in search box Monsall head derbyshire. then use the icons, top left to zoom in and click on satellite top right and have a play. I tried to copy, paste it over but all i got was script.:(

Geoff.W
12-12-2007, 10:15
If you want to find out where it is, how big etc, go to google maps, type in search box Monsall head derbyshire. then use the icons, top left to zoom in and click on satellite top right and have a play. I tried to copy, paste it over but all i got was script.:(

Many thanks for that. Experiment time, I wonder if this link will work.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=monsal+head+derbyshire&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=11.514994,29.619141&ie=UTF8&ll=53.24007,-1.724698&spn=0.001435,0.003616&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr&om=1

I think thats it.

tresrikay
12-12-2007, 10:18

Story so far, I think.

I think that we would be o.k. for 5/6 of us and it would be important to leave it til' after 4/5 ish to turn up and to go to top of car park. Otherwise we could try Matlock but I am not an expert on that. However I am trying to organize a meet that could accomodate a few more on W/E 15/16/17 feb 08. I will start a new thread on that in the new year as there would be a charge . regards Rick.

cipro
12-12-2007, 10:47

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=monsal+head+derbyshire&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=11.514994,29.619141&ie=UTF8&ll=53.24007,-1.724698&spn=0.001435,0.003616&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr&om=1

I think thats it.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=419000&Y=371500&width=700&height=400&gride=421751.838051218&gridn=368471.386014219&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=10000&out.x=5&out.y=8

Never been there yet :eek: hope to make those dates.Has anyone ever parked there!! I have read there is a slope on the car park:confused:

mandrake
12-12-2007, 11:40
hi monsel head car park is on a slope,the best spots are at the top end as for matlock the railway car park has all been tarmaced and is quite flat now the sainsburys has bin built,but there are no loos. matlock bath is ok flat and large, loos only a short walk away. then there is cromford only 5 mins away, the carpark at the side of the canal is ok and nice and quiet, loos there but only open during the day.

Don
12-12-2007, 12:56
Have made a note of date on the wall planner and try my best (2 Vans) with daughter and mob.

grath
12-12-2007, 14:15
hi monsel head car park is on a slope,the best spots are at the top end as for matlock the railway car park has all been tarmaced and is quite flat now the sainsburys has bin built,but there are no loos. matlock bath is ok flat and large, loos only a short walk away. then there is cromford only 5 mins away, the carpark at the side of the canal is ok and nice and quiet, loos there but only open during the day.

Matlock Bath sounds better to me as flat and more room for more vans:D

Geoff.W
12-12-2007, 16:07
Hi Mandrake & Grath

Is this the place in Matlock Bath

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=matlock+bath&ie=UTF8&ll=53.121577,-1.556872&spn=0.002878,0.007231&t=h&z=17&om=1

Looks like a big place, is thier likely to be any problems if a few do turn up. Looks like about 8 possibles at the moment.
I take it that the large biulding at the top of the carpark is the station.

grath
12-12-2007, 16:56
Hi Mandrake & Grath

Is this the place in Matlock Bath

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=matlock+bath&ie=UTF8&ll=53.121577,-1.556872&spn=0.002878,0.007231&t=h&z=17&om=1

Looks like a big place, is thier likely to be any problems if a few do turn up. Looks like about 8 possibles at the moment.
I take it that the large biulding at the top of the carpark is the station.

Hi Geoff.
I have never stayed there or been there with the van, but I have been by car.

Yes that is the place and I think that the parking area for motorhomes is the empty car park at the bottom.
I understand that it is about 20pence per night (not confirmed)
There are a few pubs and you get the mature motorbikers on a Sunday.
Also a few gift shops

tresrikay
12-12-2007, 18:30

I think thats it.

Thats brilliant, how did you do it?

tresrikay
12-12-2007, 18:36
I know it is early days but if we have more than five vans my vote will be for Matlock Bath but this could be decided as late as the thusday before when we should know the exact numbers, as the distance between is not great.

lenny
12-12-2007, 18:42
I agree, I've said before that google maps are the way forward, especially with the sites that are in the back of beyond.
Although I have google earth installed, This google maps uk looks better.

P.S. Google earth shows the satnav co-ordinates at the bottom.

tresrikay
12-12-2007, 18:54
As it seems both of these proposed meets involve Derbyshire car parks I think it only right to share an experience with you all. Earlier this year after I had been wild camping at Monsall head I stopped in at Bakewell on my way home and went to my Usual car park near the River bridge as there is a large park beyond but as I drove toward it I noticed they had draped a barrier about 9 ft high, it was only rope with marker tape but I could not pass under so I had to reverse back, the car park attendant informed me that It had been put up because Camper vans had been staying over night and leaving loads of rubbish in the bins, so the Council had erected the barrier to keep us out. However he diverted me to the Agricultural centre car park which seems to be a ways out but in fact doubles back and is only a stones throw away from the other car park. I noticed on the signs in that car park that the fees were the same .20p between 8pm and 8am but that camping was not allowed. So I was wondering if anyone has been to either Monsall or Matlock and wild camped in the last few weeks, just in case there parking tariff signs have been amended also.:(

Geoff.W
12-12-2007, 19:11
Thats brilliant, how did you do it?

Hi Rick.

Its not that difficult even I can do it.

Go into google maps. http://maps.google.co.uk/ link if you need it.

find the map / satalite image you want, Left Click on "link to this page" (top RH corner) R Click on top box (should be highlighted in blue) and "copy".

Back on your post (here) when cursor is where you want link, R Click and "paste".

To test "preview post" and click on link.

Works for me so it should for you.

cipro
12-12-2007, 20:12
As it seems both of these proposed meets involve Derbyshire car parks I think it only right to share an experience with you all. Earlier this year after I had been wild camping at Monsall head I stopped in at Bakewell on my way home and went to my Usual car park near the River bridge as there is a large park beyond but as I drove toward it I noticed they had draped a barrier about 9 ft high, it was only rope with marker tape but I could not pass under so I had to reverse back, the car park attendant informed me that It had been put up because Camper vans had been staying over night and leaving loads of rubbish in the bins, so the Council had erected the barrier to keep us out. However he diverted me to the Agricultural centre car park which seems to be a ways out but in fact doubles back and is only a stones throw away from the other car park. I noticed on the signs in that car park that the fees were the same .20p between 8pm and 8am but that camping was not allowed. So I was wondering if anyone has been to either Monsall or Matlock and wild camped in the last few weeks, just in case there parking tariff signs have been amended also.:(

Good point maybe someone who lives close might now.

I am off the proposed weekend so as long as no snow will be ok.( well up to now):D:D:D

We like walking so should be good area for that.

monkeynut
14-12-2007, 20:10
Sounds interesting , just might pop a long for a nosey n a few beers :)

cipro
17-12-2007, 17:35
13 - 14 JAN any news on the stay monsel head or somewhere :D:D lets not drop the interest Mr Geoff thread kicked it off can we make it happen.

P.S if snow !!! sooorrryyy will be out:eek::eek:

grath
17-12-2007, 17:58
13 - 14 JAN any news on the stay monsel head or somewhere :D:D lets not drop the interest Mr Geoff thread kicked it off can we make it happen.

P.S if snow !!! sooorrryyy will be out:eek::eek:

I vote for Matlock Bath as plenty of level parking, toilets and pubs :D:cool:

cipro
18-12-2007, 16:03
I vote for Matlock Bath as plenty of level parking, toilets and pubs :D:cool:

Never been too either are they no probs parking.

Seen monsal head on map but what parking place is it in matlock bath:confused:

grath
18-12-2007, 18:03
Never been too either are they no probs parking.

Seen monsal head on map but what parking place is it in matlock bath:confused:

Hi Cipro,
please see post 15 & 16
Loads of parking I believe

cipro
18-12-2007, 18:58
Hi Cipro,
please see post 15 & 16
Loads of parking I believe

Brill remember looking at it now:eek::eek:

loubylou
20-12-2007, 23:07
Matlock bath is good for us.

lenny
27-12-2007, 21:15
Matlock bath, Monsal Head ,What will it be?,, Is it still on,?

Regards..Lenny.:)

cipro
28-12-2007, 18:20
Matlock bath, Monsal Head ,What will it be?,, Is it still on,?

Regards..Lenny.:)

I hope we can still do this, It seems the more of us go matlock bath will be the place, as monsall head has a smaller car park I believe.

So yes what is it going to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok lets say there are 4 of us then go to monsall head if more then matlock bath, would some one like to comment as this is only a suggestion:D:D

grath
31-12-2007, 17:55
I think there would be room on either and you could put Cromford Canal Basin into the equation:D:cool:

Please look at the 4 locations in their own threads as I have posted many pictures that may help a decision:D
The threads are
Castleton:cool:
Matlock:cool:
Monsal Head:cool:
Cromford:cool:

grath
01-01-2008, 09:20
Only 2 weeks away so please see above post.:D
How about you Mandrake, will you be able to drive by then?:confused:
having viewed all of the locations, I would think that Castleton is the worst as not level for several vans.
Matlock Bath, Monsal Head and Cromford have lots of space and could easily accommodate 10 vans without any space problem and leaving lots of parking bays for cars.
The only problem that I can see apart from the no camping signs is locals may think we are taking over and may resent us.
It is a little different than the odd van every now and again.
Matlock Bath & Cromford Canal Basin are very near to each other and if we got moved on it would only be 5 minutes drive either way.
Whatever the majority decide, I will go along with it.
Any of these are OK with Kath & Me.

mandrake
01-01-2008, 12:47
dont know as yet gota se the doc friday but if i can I WILL, to me and it is only my opinion , matlock bath seems the best. if quite a few turn up as the posts show, matlock bath and cromford are so close to each other that the parking can be split also there is so much more to do, there are so many more walks, cafs, and two or three pubs that do meals, and on the saturday if anyone feel like a little shopping, there is always matlock itself. all three places are ether walkable or a two minuite bus ride from each other also any one who is intrested in wild life, the bird sanctuary is only a 20 min drive from cromford i assume it will still be fully open this time of the year, i cannot for the life of me remember the full name of the center but it is something water but it is well signposted from cromford .

grath
01-01-2008, 17:11
Hi,
Which ever location that we decide on, we will be staying put.
In other words, the wheels won't turn:D:D
:D

grath
02-01-2008, 17:12
Cromford is Flat (level parking) and quieter, on hardcore type surface.
Matlock is on Tarmac but has a bit of a slope (I think):confused:

grath
02-01-2008, 19:03
3rd post in a row:eek::eek::eek:
Who or whom is planning to attend this meet??????:confused::confused::D

cipro
02-01-2008, 19:10
I think there would be room on either and you could put Cromford Canal Basin into the equation:D:cool:

Please look at the 4 locations in their own threads as I have posted many pictures that may help a decision:D
The threads are
Castleton:cool:
Matlock:cool:
Monsal Head:cool:
Cromford:cool:

Hi Grath Iv'e never been to any of the above so experience nowhow would provale in my book:D but I think that we should go with the place where we are most likely not to be moved on

weather this week looks dodgy:eek::eek:

grath
02-01-2008, 19:15
Hi Grath Iv'e never been to any of the above so experience nowhow would provale in my book:D but I think that we should go with the place where we are most likely not to be moved on

weather this week looks dodgy:eek::eek:

In that case probably Cromford as no signs saying NO Camping:D

mandrake
02-01-2008, 19:54
i think cromford is the best spot ,realy quiet and level in fact about 10 mins walk from the car park in cromford itself there is a hotel that serves lovely meals also a couple of chippies. by the way if you fancy a good laugh it should still be open. call in the mining :confused: "meuseum" :confused:(never bin able to spell) in matlock bath when we went in we laughed for ages

grath
02-01-2008, 20:00
Well, I will say it.
Thanks mandrake & I hope you can make it:)
The proper way (I believe)to say this so there can be no come back for any mishaps etc is as follows,;)
We (Kath & I) will be going to Cromford Canal Basin on weekend 11th/13th Jan 2008 and if anyone would like to join us, you know where we will be.:)
Anyone???:cool:
Cromford is just south of Matlock Bath on the A6
To get to Cromford Canal Basin, as you drive south on the A6 you will come to a set of Traffic lights with a right turn into the village of Cromford.
Go straight through the lights and turn left within 50feet signed Cromford Canal Basin.
The Canal Basin is about 300 yds on your right.

From south turn right immediately before the traffic lights where you would turn left into Cromford and the Canal basin is on your right in about 300 yds.
I hope this helps

lenny
02-01-2008, 20:10
Well done Grath, positive move:rolleyes: I hope to be joining you with my son'will let you know closer to the date.

Regards..Lenny

cipro
02-01-2008, 20:22
Well, I will say it.
Thanks mandrake & I hope you can make it:)
The proper way (I believe)to say this so there can be no come back for any mishaps etc is as follows,;)
We (Kath & I) will be going to Cromford Canal Basin on weekend 11th/13th Jan 2008 and if anyone would like to join us, you know where we will be.:)
Anyone???:cool:

The gautlit has been layed:cool::cool: apart from a total disaster we will be there, come on guys & girls lets do it:D:D

Head count is there two poss three:confused:

grath
02-01-2008, 20:59
Lets just hope that the weather will be better by then:):)

Geoff.W
02-01-2008, 21:29
Hi all. Cromford sounds good to me.

Should be there, unless my Dad goes in for his opp. before then, but I would think that is doubtful.

Just a thought but has anyone got any ideas not only to avoid making a negative impact, but how we could possibly make a definite positive one and hopefully make some of the locals actually want campers back, very much in the the way many French villagers view thier local aires. Not sure I am explaining what I mean very well, but even if we all took a spare bin bag and ensured that the carpark was cleaner when we left than when we arrived may help a little.

As it would appear that there may be several of us there, and therefore probably "noticed", being good ambassadors for wildcamping is essential even more so than when wilding solo. From Grath's excellent posts on possible locations in this area, (and a very big thankyou from me for that) and the proliferation of no camping signs, to get any form of legitamate overnighting in this area is going to be an uphill struggle, so any form of local support can only help.

grath
02-01-2008, 21:40
Hi all. Cromford sounds good to me.

Should be there, unless my Dad goes in for his opp. before then, but I would think that is doubtful.

Just a thought but has anyone got any ideas not only to avoid making a negative impact, but how we could possibly make a definite positive one and hopefully make some of the locals actually want campers back, very much in the the way many French villagers view thier local aires. Not sure I am explaining what I mean very well, but even if we all took a spare bin bag and ensured that the carpark was cleaner when we left than when we arrived may help a little.

As it would appear that there may be several of us there, and therefore probably "noticed", being good ambassadors for wildcamping is essential even more so than when wilding solo. From Grath's excellent posts on possible locations in this area, (and a very big thankyou from me for that) and the proliferation of no camping signs, to get any form of legitamate overnighting in this area is going to be an uphill struggle, so any form of local support can only help.

Thanks Geoff, I did go to all of the locations last Saturday specially so that I could post pictures for everyone to see and choose a specific locations for the possible meet.
But I might add, that I was in the rough area at the time!

Regarding the cleanliness of the area, it was pretty clean when we were there!!
I nearly forgot to say, there are ducks in the canal, so bring along some bread if you like!:D

tresrikay
03-01-2008, 08:49
Happy New Year to you all, I shall be there hopefully by mid afternoon on Friday. As I used to wild moor my narrow boat for nearly 18 months, I found that cleaning up my section of towpath used to appease the natives. What you have to avoid is upsetting the anglers(usually the ones leaving all the rubbish). I'm sure we will all be on our best behavoir, leaving the Pink Floyd c.d's at home this time with the pitbulls and rotwielers, might bring the goat and the jet ski though!. See you on the 11th. Rick

grath
03-01-2008, 17:00
Well, my Pink Floyd & David Gilmore CD's are permanent pieces of equipment in our van!!!:D
Anyway, Kath says where are all the ladies as she is not happy to be the only female at this meet;):D:eek:
Come on Ladies:)

grath
03-01-2008, 17:17
Well, my Pink Floyd & David Gilmore CD's are permanent pieces of equipment in our van!!!:D
Anyway, Kath says where are all the ladies as she is not happy to be the only female at this meet;):D:eek:

I forgot to mention.
I would advice you guys that do not know this area to have a little trip around while you are here.:D
Matlock Bath, Matlock and Bakewell are well worth a visit.:cool:

loubylou
03-01-2008, 21:03
I will try my best to be there, our poor old dog, now in his 18th year, is really on his last legs.

He had to go to the kennels for a few days during the christmas week and when we collected him he couldnt walk out to meet us, he was in a terrible state, but he has perked up now hes back at home and eating a little, so I dont want to put him through that again so soon.

However, we may come for the day, if thats acceptable?
Louby

lenny
03-01-2008, 21:06
Do you think it would be ok to bring my Flanagan and Allen, and Paul Robeson discs along. Oh, and what about singalongamax:eek:
I think I'll be staying Friday evening and all day Saturday but may have to leave about teatime.(might have to work Sunday).
B.T.W. Does anyone have the satnav co-ordinates of the site? (makes it a bit more interesting):cool:

Regards..Lenny

grath
03-01-2008, 21:21
I will try my best to be there, our poor old dog, now in his 18th year, is really on his last legs.

He had to go to the kennels for a few days during the christmas week and when we collected him he couldnt walk out to meet us, he was in a terrible state, but he has perked up now hes back at home and eating a little, so I dont want to put him through that again so soon.

Louby

It would be nice if you could, however we quite understand if you cannot.:cool:
All the best

grath
03-01-2008, 21:23
Do you think it would be ok to bring my Flanagan and Allen, and Paul Robeson discs along. Oh, and what about singalongamax:eek:
I think I'll be staying Friday evening and all day Saturday but may have to leave about teatime.(might have to work Sunday).
B.T.W. Does anyone have the satnav co-ordinates of the site? (makes it a bit more interesting):cool:

Regards..Lenny

I dont use satnav, maybe Geof could post a google as I have never done that.

lenny
03-01-2008, 21:30

Louby

Sorry to hear about your dog, Louby, and although we are all looking forward to meeting each other, I think we will understand and sympathise with you if you can't make it.

Good luck..Lenny

Geoff.W
03-01-2008, 22:43
I dont use satnav, maybe Geof could post a google as I have never done that.

Hi. Did mean to post a map on last post but forgot.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=cromford+derbyshire&ie=UTF8&ll=53.109303,-1.558621&spn=0.005758,0.014462&t=h&z=16&om=1

Carpark is top centre off Mill Rd.

Geoff.W
03-01-2008, 22:51

Hi Graham, tell Kath not to worry as we should be there, Thats Me, wife Clare, son Steven 12 and daughter Chloe 2 at end of Jan. Can't get away until sat morning, but kids permiting would hope to be there by 10.30 - 11.00.

Very sorry to hear about your dog Louby, do hope you can make it even if it is only for the day.

Geoff.W
04-01-2008, 00:01
Hi Lenny.

Dont think it worked,well not for me.

Try this link, Carpark entrance at point "B".

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=derby&daddr=53.109896,-1.553814&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=16&sll=53.108157,-1.556346&sspn=0.005758,0.014462&ie=UTF8&ll=53.109213,-1.556818&spn=0.005758,0.014462&t=h&z=16&om=1

Click then maximise, should show route in.

ladytramp
04-01-2008, 08:27
Sorry to hear about your poorly dog Louby. Hope you can make it though. The dog comes first though and I would be the same if our's was not too good. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone it'll be great. :cool:

ladytramp
04-01-2008, 08:53
Hi Graham, tell Kath not to worry as we should be there, Thats Me, wife Clare, son Steven 12 and daughter Chloe 2 at end of Jan. Can't get away until sat morning, but kids permiting would hope to be there by 10.30 - 11.00.

Very sorry to hear about your dog Louby, do hope you can make it even if it is only for the day.

Glad to hear there are more 'Roses' going to the meeting. Didn't want to be the only 'Rose' between all you thorns!!!!!!!!

Telstar
04-01-2008, 12:10
Lenny hope this helps

google earth says 53 deg 06'35.88" N 1 deg 33'14.11 W

http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm says latitude 53.1100, longitude -1.5542

(these slightly differ because I must have put the curser in slightly different places on the car park entrance!)

Jon

grath
04-01-2008, 12:14
Hi Lenny.

Dont think it worked,well not for me.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=derby&daddr=53.109896,-1.553814&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=16&sll=53.108157,-1.556346&sspn=0.005758,0.014462&ie=UTF8&ll=53.109213,-1.556818&spn=0.005758,0.014462&t=h&z=16&om=1

Hi Geoff, this is spot on.
Thanks everyone:cool:

grath
04-01-2008, 12:18
Lenny hope this helps

google earth says 53 deg 06'35.88" N 1 deg 33'14.11 W

http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm says latitude 53.1100, longitude -1.5542

(these slightly differ because I must have put the curser in slightly different places on the car park entrance!)

Jon

Hi Telstar, Sorry but all I am getting is a picture of a flat world:D

Telstar
04-01-2008, 12:36
Graham

I just googled and found this site that provides sat nat co-ordinates. I couldn't find a way of searching down to cromford and then pasting the link with the co-ordinates! but thought the link might be useful to anyone wanting to identify co-ordinates if they know (or have a rough idea) of where they are going.

Sorry if I mislead anyone!!!!!!!

Jon

ps probably see you next Friday there.

grath
04-01-2008, 12:43
Graham

I just googled and found this site that provides sat nat co-ordinates. I couldn't find a way of searching down to cromford and then pasting the link with the co-ordinates! but thought the link might be useful to anyone wanting to identify co-ordinates if they know (or have a rough idea) of where they are going.

Sorry if I mislead anyone!!!!!!!

Jon

ps probably see you next Friday there.

Thanks Telstar, when I read it again, I thought that maybe that was what you had done. Am I dumb or dumb???:o:o
Look forward to meeting you:cool::cool:

grath
04-01-2008, 13:45
I think from what I have read above that the following motorhomes are definitely attending. :cool:I have only listed one user name per m/h for quickness.:D
Listed in no particular order, just as I read the threads.

Tresrikay
Geoff.W
Grath

I think that the following are hoping to attend but need to confirm later.:cool:
Again, no particular order, just as I read the threads.

Tonyfu
Don
Cipro
Monkeynut
Lenny
Loubylou
Telstar

Total of 10 up to now!! Well done folks and ps, I am not taking over, the first post was by Geoff and I just took a few pictures to help a decision and we can still move to any of the other locations if anyone prefers.

I have noticed that a at least two or three of you guys have a fair way to travel and for that alone you get a lot of thanks. clap hands,:cool:clap hands:cool:
Maybe some others guys that have not shown interest yet may decide to come as I know that there are quite a few local (ish) to the venue address.
The more the merrier!!
I do apologies, if I have missed anybody off this list.:o

I will now take a back seat and let you Guys take it further, sorry if I have seemed to be taking over, :o I just wanted to get it moving and confirmed.;)

swingsandroundabouts
04-01-2008, 16:27
Sorry we can't be joining you all .
Just wanted to say that we have eaten at "The Market place" in Cromford village . The food was very good and excellent value , closed Saturday afternoons though:confused:.
Have a great weekend, hope the weather is kind to you all. We are off on Monday to travel down south to visit the Shepton mallet show and visit with relatives near Taunton.

loubylou
04-01-2008, 16:42
Grath, you shouldnt feel awkward about your posts, this needs someone to sort it out and you've done a noble thing and you should give yourself a pat on the back.
Well done

lenny
04-01-2008, 18:24
Hi Telstar, Sorry but all I am getting is a picture of a flat world:Dhttp://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/PICT00611.jpg

Here Itook a picture myself this morning from my hot air balloon:eek::D:cool::cool:

Hope this one works:rolleyes:

Regards..Lenny

grath
04-01-2008, 20:04
Baked bean powered, I presume:D:eek::D:eek:;)

sundown
04-01-2008, 20:52
hi,guys
its looking good for your meet
wish I could be there but a round trip of 640 miles is a definate no-no in january! hope the weather is ok for you!
sundown

lenny
04-01-2008, 21:35
hi,guys
its looking good for your meet
wish I could be there but a round trip of 640 miles is a definate no-no in january! hope the weather is ok for you!
sundown
I understand Nick,it's abit of a hike and thanks for the good wishes:).
I just checked the round trip for myself ,336miles:eek: but I think it will be a good experience and we'll get to meet some nice people with similar interests.
BTW My carbon footprint for this trip will be 28.08kg.:eek: so they say, so we'll have to plant a couple of trees in the garden to offset this:rolleyes:.

Regards..Lenny

grath
05-01-2008, 12:31
Just washed last weeks road dirt of my m/h ready for next weekend.:D
It will probably be filthy again by then, but I wont have time next week so it will probably be the dirtiest m/h there;):eek:

cipro
06-01-2008, 19:21
Just washed last weeks road dirt of my m/h ready for next weekend.:D
It will probably be filthy again by then, but I wont have time next week so it will probably be the dirtiest m/h there;):eek:

The roads this time of year are filthy not much we can do about it:D

All been well should be there Friday afternoon, sorting van out Thursday:eek:

grath
06-01-2008, 20:22
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1928.jpg
Hi Folks,
May I suggest that we park at the far left of the car park as shown in this picture as it will be away from most of the cars and not too obtrusive. :D
Also near to the toilets and hopefully water.;)
Thanks Cipro for your reply, we will probably arrive between 1800 and 1900 hrs on Fri.
Have a safe journey all:cool:

grath
06-01-2008, 20:31
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1924.jpg
A view facing the other way, showing the suitable parking area.
You may note that the M/Hs are set back and will not be visible from the car park entrance:cool:

grath
07-01-2008, 17:42
I think from what I have read above that the following motorhomes are definitely attending. :cool:I have only listed one user name per m/h for quickness.:D
Listed in no particular order, just as I read the threads.

Tresrikay
Geoff.W
Grath

I think that the following are hoping to attend but need to confirm later.:cool:
Again, no particular order, just as I read the threads.

Tonyfu
Don
Cipro
Monkeynut
Lenny
Loubylou
Telstar

Total of 10 up to now!! Well done folks and ps, I am not taking over, the first post was by Geoff and I just took a few pictures to help a decision and we can still move to any of the other locations if anyone prefers.

I have noticed that a at least two or three of you guys have a fair way to travel and for that alone you get a lot of thanks. clap hands,:cool:clap hands:cool:
Maybe some others guys that have not shown interest yet may decide to come as I know that there are quite a few local (ish) to the venue address.
The more the merrier!!
I do apologies, if I have missed anybody off this list.:o

I will now take a back seat and let you Guys take it further, sorry if I have seemed to be taking over, :o I just wanted to get it moving and confirmed.;)
Well Guys & Gals, who is coming?????

snowgoose
07-01-2008, 19:42
I would love to have come but sadly have to get some welding done & brakes sorted fer MOT on 1st Feb will be in sick bay friday till ??????, after that my wallet will be in intensive care fer a wee while. Still if it means being able to get away at Easter I'm willng to suffer.
Hope the weather is kind to all who go & the BEER is good.
steuart.

cipro
07-01-2008, 19:54
I will be there & her in doors looking forward too it.

Has any body got a post code or street by the car park:o:o

grath
07-01-2008, 19:55
Look fwd to meeting you both.
I think that Geoff put a google on?:D

Geoff.W
07-01-2008, 21:36

Hi all. Just a repost with the location.

Julie798
08-01-2008, 15:55
Hi

I have been looking on this forum for the past weeks, since we bought our first motor home, and I would like to ask, if we found our way to the meeting at weekend, would anyone be willing to help us, look over things in our van, we are clueless really, I don't even know what size leisure battery we have, i presume we have one LOL.
I have worked out were to put the water and also how to clean the toilet cassette, worst job ever, I will clean ours after ever trip, it was awful cleaning after someone else.
I have a thousand questions going around my head, and would love to meet like minded people.

I am not quite sure what I think you do when you meet up, but I would still like to come.

What do you think? Im sure what now appears a minefield will be simple in time.

Thanks a lot Julie

Geoff.W
08-01-2008, 16:35
Hi

I have been looking on this forum for the past weeks, since we bought our first motor home, and I would like to ask, if we found our way to the meeting at weekend, would anyone be willing to help us, look over things in our van, we are clueless really, I don't even know what size leisure battery we have, i presume we have one LOL.
I have worked out were to put the water and also how to clean the toilet cassette, worst job ever, I will clean ours after ever trip, it was awful cleaning after someone else.
I have a thousand questions going around my head, and would love to meet like minded people.

I am not quite sure what I think you do when you meet up, but I would still like to come.

Thanks a lot Julie

Please do try and come I'm sure you will find everyone only to willing to help and advise.

Dont worry about it being your first meet, as it is for us, and I'm sure some others as well.

grath
08-01-2008, 17:04
Hi

I have worked out were to put the water and also how to clean the toilet

cassette, worst job ever, I will clean ours after ever trip, it was awful cleaning after someone else.

Thanks a lot Julie

Hi Julie, just come along and I am sure that everyone willl help, you will probably have too much help[:D:eek:

grath
08-01-2008, 17:09
Just had a thought (and NO it didn't hurt):D:eek:
We could always have one night at Cromford and one night at Matlock Bath.
but then which one for friday and which one for Saturday as some folks will not arrive until sat.
I will leave it up to everyone else to decide or just leave it as it is:D

loubylou
08-01-2008, 19:50
Do you think this horrible weather will be gone for the weekend?

Dont want to get blown away!
Anyone heard a forecast?
Louby

Julie798
08-01-2008, 19:52
Thank-you, I hope my hubby will agree to come and break the ice, this isnt to be our first meet, its to be our first ever outing in our motorhome LOL
Thanks all xx

grath
08-01-2008, 20:12

Anyone heard a forecast?
Louby

Sorry, but BBC forecast on the net says rain for Saturday,:eek: however it may change for the better I hope:cool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

put in Matlock

Geoff.W
08-01-2008, 20:17

Anyone heard a forecast?
Louby

Not looking too good at the moment I'm afraid

http://www.themetoffice.org/

First close the web host advert.

Select "East Midlands" region and then "Bakewell" Location. Press "Go", should give 5 day forcast for Bakewell just up the road.

Sorry can't seem to link direct to correct page.

grath
08-01-2008, 20:24
I think it will be too wet for standing around outside talking or whatever and the car park surface is light shale or similar. Matlock Bath is Tarmac and the pubs are nearer;):D
What do you guys think? should we use both locations or any other suggestions or reschedule if the weather is looking bad later in the week??
What do you guys think that are coming a long way????????:confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

lenny
08-01-2008, 20:37
I think you're right Grath ,if the weather is a concern, then a final decision should be made later in the week.(I won't know myself till thursday night).

Although the weather is'nt a problem with me, I must admit I don't like high side winds:eek::eek:.

Maybe the forecasters have got it wrong,(it wouldnt be the first time):)

Looking forward to our first meet..Regards...Lenny

grath
08-01-2008, 20:41
I think you're right Grath ,if the weather is a concern, then a final decision should be made later in the week.(I won't know myself till thursday night).

Although the weather is'nt a problem with me, I must admit I don't like high side winds:eek::eek:.

Maybe the forecasters have got it wrong,(it wouldnt be the first time):)

Looking forward to our first meet..Regards...Lenny

I hope that we don't have to reschedule as it looks like we will have a good turn out and it may be difficult to get the momentum going again;)

tresrikay
09-01-2008, 09:19
Watching B.B.C. forcast after 10 news last night they said it would be an horrendous stormy night, woke up this morning to a calm frosty morning, even going to wash the van later. never trust a forcaster. Remember Mr Fish!!!......... Lets just turn up at Cromford, as I will whatever and decide Friday night in the pub if we are going to move to Matlock Bath, we could always leave a note on the pay machine, or those coming saturday could check whichever venue they hit first and if we are not there then go to the other. I will be at Cromford unless a meteor hits. regards Rick.

tresrikay
09-01-2008, 09:27
Thank-you, I hope my hubby will agree to come and break the ice, this isnt to be our first meet, its to be our first ever outing in our motorhome LOL
Thanks all xx

Just turn up Julie, every van owner is an expert in one aspect of Motorhoming, even if its how to sniff out the nearest pub (my particular experties, that and how to stop the Whisky from going stale). there will be a combined many years worth of accumulated Knowledge just waiting to be shared. Plus you get to meet some nice people.......... Hope to see you at the weekend. Rick.

cipro
09-01-2008, 13:19
Watching B.B.C. forcast after 10 news last night they said it would be an horrendous stormy night, woke up this morning to a calm frosty morning, even going to wash the van later. never trust a forcaster. Remember Mr Fish!!!......... Lets just turn up at Cromford, as I will whatever and decide Friday night in the pub if we are going to move to Matlock Bath, we could always leave a note on the pay machine, or those coming saturday could check whichever venue they hit first and if we are not there then go to the other. I will be at Cromford unless a meteor hits. regards Rick.

Yes I think we should go most vans are more than aquipped to handle british weather:D

If the worst comes to the worst go back home :(
So come on lets do it unless bad snow:eek::eek:

grath
09-01-2008, 17:37
Yes I think we should go most vans are more than aquipped to handle british weather:D

If the worst comes to the worst go back home :(
So come on lets do it unless bad snow:eek::eek:

Well, I have just been speaking to Kath (Lady Tramp) and we will definately be at Cromford, rain hail or well not snow;) and we wont be coming back early!!:D
See you all at Cromford on friday/ saturday:cool:

cipro
09-01-2008, 17:49
Well, I have just been speaking to Kath (Lady Tramp) and we will definately be at Cromford, rain hail or well not snow;) and we wont be coming back early!!:D
See you all at Cromford on friday/ saturday:cool:

All been well Grath Friday afternoon is the plan.
Looking forward to few jars ect and the weather won't dampen our spirits or beer:D:D

Have we got another up date head count:eek:

grath
09-01-2008, 18:18
All been well Grath Friday afternoon is the plan.
Looking forward to few jars ect and the weather won't dampen our spirits or beer:D:D

Have we got another up date head count:eek:
Given out dry for saturday:cool:
I think
Cipro
Tresrikay
Geoff
Julie798
Loubylou
Don
Lenny
Grath & Ladytramp
and maybe a couple of others
Sorry if I have missed someone out as doing this by memory:eek:

grath
09-01-2008, 20:36
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1924.jpg
A view facing the other way, showing the suitable parking area.
You may note that the M/Hs are set back and will not be visible from the car park entrance:cool:

I think that the old building on the left is a sort of cafe or tea room:cool:

Geoff.W
09-01-2008, 20:39
Just checked forcast again, doesn't look too bad now, dry Sat some light rain Sun.

Will aim to get away as early as we can Sat morning, about 90mls according to Google so 3hrs (ish) so should be with you all late morning.

Will aim for Cromford but default to Matlock Bath if no one there, if I've read posts correctly that seems to be the general plan. Please correct me if I've missunderstood.

grath
09-01-2008, 20:43
Just checked forcast again, doesn't look too bad now, dry Sat some light rain Sun.

Will aim to get away as early as we can Sat morning, about 90mls according to Google so 3hrs (ish) so should be with you all late morning.

Will aim for Cromford but default to Matlock Bath if no one there, if I've read posts correctly that seems to be the general plan. Please correct me if I've missunderstood.

Hi Geoff.
We will be at Cromford but if we are moved on which I very much doubt, we will be at Matlock Bath on the coach park by the station.
Look forward to meeting:cool:

Geoff.W
09-01-2008, 21:21
Hi Geoff.
We will be at Cromford but if we are moved on which I very much doubt, we will be at Matlock Bath on the coach park by the station.
Look forward to meeting:cool:

Cheers for that, thats what I thought

Looking forward to meeting you all on Sat.

ladytramp
10-01-2008, 10:25
Getting the van ready for Cromford and hopefully there will be a few of us.:p
I've just looked at the weather for the weekend and it looks not too good Friday, ok Sat and not too good Sunday. That is outside of course! Inside the van weather is always good!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and have a good old chin wag, drink anything within reason you all fancy.:D

lenny
10-01-2008, 17:58
Sorry guys but I will have to drop out of our visit to Cromford.

Just as I feared, work commitments get in the way:(

Still, I'm sure we'll get another chance soon after the anticipated success of this one.

Have a great weekend and lets have lots of photo's to look forward to next week.

Regards...Lenny

Geoff.W
10-01-2008, 18:18

Still, I'm sure we'll get another chance soon after the anticipated success of this one.

Have a great weekend and lets have lots of photo's to look forward to next week.

Regards...Lenny

Hi Lenny. Real sorry we're not going to see you on the weekend but I'm sure that we will sort something else soon.

Change of plans for me also, looks like we can get away Friday after all, so should be there some time Friday evening, not sure what time yet. If you all depart to the pub before we get there leave us a note under wiper or some where to say where you've gone.

mandrake
10-01-2008, 18:22
hi all i have been watching the posts and as the weekend is near we wish all a great couple of days, take some pics and lets hear all about the weekend. i wish we could be there but wont be, anyway enjoy and have a pint or two for me. linda a.k.a. mrs mandrake says have a good time, also my daughter better known to us as gobby says hi enjoy.

tresrikay
10-01-2008, 19:01
Hi Lenny. Real sorry we're not going to see you on the weekend but I'm sure that we will sort something else soon.

Change of plans for me also, looks like we can get away Friday after all, so should be there some time Friday evening, not sure what time yet. If you all depart to the pub before we get there leave us a note under wiper or some where to say where you've gone.

Nice one geoff, If we have gone to the pub I will leave a note under my wiper Lunar low profile on a Renault Master. You cant miss it as it is WHITE.:D:D:D

tresrikay
10-01-2008, 19:04

Regards...Lenny

Real sorry you can't make it, we will show some pickies next week........ I was so looking forward to buying you a pint....... still its the thought that counts.............. that means its your round when we do meet.;););)

ladytramp
10-01-2008, 19:27
Nice one geoff, If we have gone to the pub I will leave a note under my wiper Lunar low profile on a Renault Master. You cant miss it as it is WHITE.:D:D:D

You must have cleaned your van Richard as now you are the "white van man"
Graham is still at work at the moment and not expected home until later.:) We hope to be leaving home about 16.30 and then it all depends on the weather:( what time we will get there.
Sorry guys a few of you can't make it but there is always a next time:)
See you all tomorrow night :cool:

grath
10-01-2008, 20:55
Hi Just got in from work

Ladytramp, is nobody replying to you?:confused::D

Lenny, sorry you cant make it, maybe next time:(

Geoff, good that you can come on friday as makes the journey worth while!:cool:

Cipro, see you there:cool:

Tresrikay, see you there:cool:

Don, hope you can make it:cool:

Loubylou, hope you can make it:cool:

Julie(forgot the numbers after your name) hope you also make it:cool:

Everybody else, well is anybody else coming or still thinking

Come on guys & Gals:D

lenny
10-01-2008, 20:56
hi all i have been watching the posts and as the weekend is near we wish all a great couple of days, take some pics and lets hear all about the weekend. i wish we could be there but wont be, anyway enjoy and have a pint or two for me. linda a.k.a. mrs mandrake says have a good time, also my daughter better known to us as gobby says hi enjoy.

Hi. Mandrake, I can tell by reading between the lines that you are also very disapointed at being unable to attend, and I'm sorry to hear of your health problem, although I believe it's only short term.
I too had a health scare a couple of years ago and vowed then to change my lifestyle when it comes to work, (no more stressfull long hours),Ironically this will be the first Sunday I have to work since then,but I promised the boss before the year and I don't like to let him down.
Anyway I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang in the near future.

:)Regards..Lenny

grath
10-01-2008, 20:59
Hi. Mandrake, I can tell by reading between the lines that you are also very disapointed at being unable to attend, and I'm sorry to hear of your health problem, although I believe it's only short term.
I too had a health scare a couple of years ago and vowed then to change my lifestyle when it comes to work, (no more stressfull long hours),Ironically this will be the first Sunday I have to work since then,but I promised the boss before the year and I don't like to let him down.
Anyway I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang in the near future.

:)Regards..Lenny

Hi mandrake, I didn't mention about you not coming as I knew how disappointed you are by your pm.
But never mind there will be lots of other opportunities.
Keep your chin up mate!:cool:

mandrake
10-01-2008, 21:03
yea plenty more chances to meet later, still would have been nice this weekend. have a gret time will be thinking of you all.

grath
10-01-2008, 21:37
Getting the van ready for Cromford and hopefully there will be a few of us.:p
I've just looked at the weather for the weekend and it looks not too good Friday, ok Sat and not too good Sunday. That is outside of course! Inside the van weather is always good!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and have a good old chin wag, drink anything within reason you all fancy.:D

Hi again.
I have just seen BBC weather on the TV and it looks pretty damn good for Saturday (the main day of our meet I suppose!!!:cool::D:):cool::D:)

11-01-2008, 05:15
Hi Guys.
Please don't wait for us if you are going to the pub, as we probably won't be going to the pub tonight.:o
I have had a pretty heavy week and am pretty tiered, by the time that we get th Cromford, have a chat, put a meal on and eat and do the dishes , the time will most probably be near to pumpkin time.:p
But we will have all weekend to do whatever!:cool:
Safe journey to all coming:)
see ya later:D
We also have a security issue as not on a camp site:confused:

mandrake
11-01-2008, 05:19
safe trip all enjoy no pub grath :eek::eek: you must be realy tired mate:D

11-01-2008, 05:26
Hi, By the time that we have a meal and a bottle of wine, I will be nodding off as knackered at the moment, but as I have said we also have a security issue and Kids may also be attending and not fair to leave the women & kids behind.
Just need to chill tonight and we may or may not take our dog and don't know which pubs would be dog friendly.:confused:
Bottom line is, I don't think we will be pubbing tonight, but every body else can and I hope they enjoy!:cool:

Please everybody, if you want to go to the pub, please do so and we will be quite happy minding the vans:D

11-01-2008, 05:33
Also, any unsavory character can be reading about this meet and could be thinking, half a dozen or so empty motorhomes for the taking, yum yum yum:mad:;)
Not a good idea to offer the opportunity:eek:

Julie798
11-01-2008, 09:12
Hope to see you tomorrow for the day

11-01-2008, 12:02

Hi Julie, we will be at Cromford, not Bakewell;):D ha ha
See you there, safe journey:cool:

Geoff.W
11-01-2008, 13:36

Should find us here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl...&t=h&z=16&om=1

See you tomorrow

11-01-2008, 13:38
Come on Guys & Gals come to this meet!:cool:
It is the very first wild meet posted for everyone.:cool:
We have had a meet on a site and a few of us have meet up in pairs and three's, but this is the very first for all!!!!:cool:
Come on, join us:cool:
Don't be shy:D

Geoff.W
11-01-2008, 13:40
Hi. Did mean to post a map on last post but forgot.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=cromford+derbyshire&ie=UTF8&ll=53.109303,-1.558621&spn=0.005758,0.014462&t=h&z=16&om=1

Carpark is top centre off Mill Rd.

Hi Julie. Try this link don't think last one worked

11-01-2008, 13:43
Your earlier post worked for me:cool:

Julie798
11-01-2008, 15:17
We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, I have tried the heating today, first time, and it works LOL. Also bought a kettle, so Im already for my first outing, I would have like to have stayed over, but we have to leave the dog and the parrots at home, so we cant, hopefully we will be organised for us all in the future, :)

We bought the van to enable us to transport our pets, but I dont think its big enough LOL

sundown
11-01-2008, 15:35
hi, I haven't seen any mention here of mobile numbers.
did any-one think of swapping mobile phone numbers by PM. ?
could be a good idea if some-one got lost (which I invariably do)
hope you all have a good weekend
sundown

loubylou
11-01-2008, 17:56
Good point, Nick.

Have you seen the weather, if it carries on raining like this I wont get out of our close!!
lou

13-01-2008, 16:33
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1933-1.jpg
This is or was the Cromford Meet attended by
Tresrikay (Richard)
Cipro ( Tim & Lanie)
Telstar (John & Pam)
Geoff (Geoff, Clare, Stephen & Cloe)
Julie798 (Julie & Haz)
Keith1Chris2 (Keith & Chris)
Grath (Graham)
Ladytramp (Kath)
On the Friday afternoon,the weather was to say the least, pretty bad with sleet and rain:eek: (we thought what are we doing?:eek: but by Saturday morning it had cleared and we could not have wished for a better day for the time of the year :cool: and today Sunday was much better than expected.:cool:
Thank you for all who attended for making it such a memorably good occasion and for making the effort:D
Special thanks to Stephen for looking after Cloe and feeding the ducks so as to let mum & dad chat a little:cool:
The location was ideal for the amount of M/h there and we will be returning as lots to do and see.
Hope everybody got home safely and enjoyed it as much as Ladytramp (Kath) and me:)
Hope you enjoy the photographs

Edit addition,
I forgot to say it is good to put a face to a name and everyone was so nice, and easy to get on with. We had chats and we did our own thing just as any of us wanted. Thanks to everybody!
I am sorry that a few folks who wanted to come couldn't make it for one reason or another as the location, first suggested by Mandrake was ideal. Maybe another time!
It was most certainly the best meet that I have ever been to and we never expected so many people to join in.
Absolutely chuffed:)
Well done folks

13-01-2008, 16:34
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1939.jpg

13-01-2008, 16:35
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1936.jpg

13-01-2008, 16:36
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1943.jpg

13-01-2008, 16:36
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1949.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1950.jpg

13-01-2008, 16:37
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1951.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1948.jpg

ladytramp
13-01-2008, 17:02
Thanks Mandrake for suggessting about Cromford.:) Really great place to visit. The pubs are good too! We spent a few good hours getting blasted away by the loud music and the would-be singers in the hotel!!!!! :eek:
I hope everyone who joined us (Graham and me) had a good time same as us.:cool: Nice to put a faces to names and hope we can meet up another time at a different location.:)

13-01-2008, 17:13
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1938.jpg

Belgian
13-01-2008, 17:14
Nice to hear you all had a splendid meet overthere:). Wish I could be there.
But: 1. Will you, please, stop sending sleet and rain overhere ? :D
2. Praise the Lord you didn't have this Belgian hanging on the bar of the local pub.:D
3. If this Belgian is getting accross .....:D
A safe return home for you all, and maybe we'll meet somehow,sometime, somewhere;)
De beste groetjes...

13-01-2008, 17:17
As long as you bring some of that Belgium beer:cool::D:cool::D

Telstar
13-01-2008, 17:19
Hi

Nice to meet up with you all this weekend. Great to put name and faces to 'loggins'. Look after yourselves until next time.

Those of you who where not there, I can honestly say that they are a nice bunch and there is no pressure to join in the partying or drinking! Give it a go, you've nothing to lose unless they get a photo of whatever you've done!

Jon and Pam

Belgian
13-01-2008, 17:28
As long as you bring some of that Belgium beer:cool::D:cool::D
What you like ?
Would it be 'Mort Subite' ? (death by instant) only 18 ? Schol ;)
Say it and I bring it along, but I'm not responsable for ... terrorist attack ?:eek:

13-01-2008, 17:31
What you like ?
Would it be 'Mort Subite' ? (death by instant) only 18 ? Schol ;)
Say it and I bring it along, but I'm not responsable for ... terrorist attack ?:eek:

Ill settle for just ordinary 5% stuff or better still, a few bottles of plonk;):D

Don
13-01-2008, 17:35
We Set off Saturday with son-in-law & Sprogs, hadn't got out of town when a First Bus side swiped his van and took off the near-side mirror. New Van so he whent balistic. That was the end of that one will have to try again at the next meet.
Really sounds like we missed a grand weekend.

Don

13-01-2008, 17:42
We Set off Saturday with son-in-law & Sprogs, hadn't got out of town when a First Bus side swiped his van and took off the near-side mirror. New Van so he whent balistic. That was the end of that one will have to try again at the next meet.

Don

Hi Don, Sorry about your accident, what a damn shame, for the van :eek:and for the meet:eek:
I hope you get it sorted soon and I can thoroughly recommend Cromford and we will be returning on our own as we liked it so much:D
It looks and seems as safe as anywhere and the village is only a 5 min walk away.
I am sure that some more meets will be coming in the better weather.:)

cipro
13-01-2008, 18:22
Wow great weekend got bck 1700 hrs. enjoyed everybodys company, sorry missed saturday's visit of Julie as we were walking some peaks:D hope to catch you next time.

Brief stops at Matlock bath and Monsel head on the way home so I can find them next time. Defo going back to Cromford great place.

First time I have ever done a meet like this before, reminds me of a blind date:eek::eek: and I remember one of those in my youth days:D:D.

I'm sure will we do it again some time:D:D

Julie798
13-01-2008, 19:14
Hi all

Thanks for a lovely afternoon, great to meet like minded people and have a chat, hubby (Haz) enjoyed it too, and we will look forward to doing it again, and hopefully staying over.
Don, I also lost my side mirror on my journey, first time out LOL, but I look at it, as I am now a fully fledged motorhomer ;), I suppose it can happen to anyone, Also like to say thanks for the parking ticket :) very kind, I owe you one.

We will keep posted on future meets, great to meet everyone, and those we didnt , we will look forward to seeing at another time :cool:

lenny
13-01-2008, 19:25
Hi to the Cromford gang:eek: and welcome back,hope you all returned safely.
Sounds like you had a good time and no problems with the venue, well done Graham with the photo,s (it looks the business).

Let,s hope this is the first of many.

Regards..Lenny

sundown
13-01-2008, 19:41
hi,
glad to see all went well with the weekend meet
apart from a couple of hitches (wing mirrors)
funny thing is, I dont recognise anyone in the
photos but do recognise geoff's van in the foreground

well done you all
sundown

13-01-2008, 19:49
I'm the one behind the camera, the good looking one:D:p:rolleyes:
Just seen the best of top gear when they race the motorhomes:eek::eek:

lenny
13-01-2008, 20:18
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1939.jpg

Although all the pictures of your weekend were brill. I must say that this one is the pick of the bunch for me:)

However ,the ducks in the foreground look massive in proportion to th rest of the scenery(or is it my eyes):eek::eek:
What were you feeding them on?:p

Regards..Lenny

13-01-2008, 20:21
Although all the pictures of your weekend were brill. I must say that this one is the pick of the bunch for me:)

However ,the ducks in the foreground look massive in proportion to th rest of the scenery(or is it my eyes):eek::eek:
What were you feeding them on?:p

Regards..Lenny

geoffs Son Stephen & daughter Cloe were the ones feeding them:cool:
But I think that everybody that comes along feeds them and they sell duck food in the cafe.
They must be the best fed ducks in Derbtshire;):D

lenny
13-01-2008, 20:36
geoffs Son Stephen & daughter Cloe were the ones feeding them:cool:
But I think that everybody that comes along feeds them and they sell duck food in the cafe.
They must be the best fed ducks in Derbtshire;):D
It reminds me of when I was a scrawny little lad with my brothers down the duck pond at home:(, We would throw bread to the ducks, and they would throw it back at us in pity:eek::D:D

Regards..Lenny

mandrake
13-01-2008, 21:14
hi all so glad you all had a great time, sorry to hear of some probs with the accident tho . some great photos and it looked like good weather, wish we could have been there. cromford is a lovely place we love that area, only thing i can say is hope to meet up with you all in the near future.

loubylou
13-01-2008, 21:22
I second that! I'm so pleased it went well, sorry we couldn't make it in the end. Looks a beautiful place. well done
Louby

Geoff.W
13-01-2008, 21:51
Hi all.

Just to say what a great w'end we all had and to say what a pleasure it was to meet you all. I must say that Clare Steven Chloe and myself all had a great time and look forward to doing it again soon.

Very sorry to here about the problems some of you had so that you couldn't make it and I'm sure we will all meet up soon.

I must admit that the journey up on Friday was some what wild and did think of Louby as we passed Coleshill in a combination of heavy rain sleat and snow, and did consider turning back. I'm glad we didn't. In contrast we had a real good trip back and got home in about 2hrs 10mins with out any hold ups even on the M42:rolleyes:.

Many thanks to Graham for the pictures and the kind remarks about the kids, I'll show Steven tomorrow it will make his day.

mandrake
13-01-2008, 21:55
glad you enjoyed it and for a safe trip back

Geoff.W
13-01-2008, 22:01
glad you enjoyed it and for a safe trip back

Thanks for that, hope you are OK and I'm sure we will have a meet up soon.

mandrake
13-01-2008, 22:05
not too bad, looking forward to meeting you and others. as i said glad you had a good time, cromford and round that area is our favorit spot even better in the summer there are some lovely walks.

tresrikay
14-01-2008, 11:37

Don

So sorry to hear of your missfortune, I just can't imagine how I would feel if that had happened to my van. Hope you will make the next one. I suugested maybe another about the end of Feb if anyone fancies it but a bit too soon for that. Will start a new thread nearer the time.:eek:

tresrikay
14-01-2008, 11:53
:):)Sorry I haven't posted about the meet yet but I had chores lined up for my return, (no gain without pain) but it was great to meet so many really nice genuine people. It only re-enforces what I have always thought by reading the threads that here is a home for all that is good among the motorhoming community and to meet in the flesh was for me a great privilege. Sorry i missed out on some shaking of hands,but I am oblivious to the world when stuck into the Grauniad and the Archers (sado) but we got on like a house on fire. The one thing that is unforgivable by us all is we forgot to buy ADMIN a drink or three. so we must double up next time. Thanks again to all who attended and look forward to the next one............Love Rick.

Geoff.W
14-01-2008, 16:34
Many thanks for all the nice comments and for those who couldn't get there here's a picture of Steven and Chloe at Cromford.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd217/Geoff_whiley/DSC00945.jpg

14-01-2008, 18:00
I had a nice picture but I did not post it as it showed Tresrikays number plate

lenny
14-01-2008, 18:13
Many thanks for all the nice comments and for those who couldn't get there here's a picture of Steven and Chloe at Cromford.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd217/Geoff_whiley/DSC00945.jpg

Nice one Geoff:) It's good to see the kids involved.

Regards..Lenny

lenny
14-01-2008, 18:15
I had a nice picture but I did not post it as it showed Tresrikays number plate

Could'nt you go back to the origional picture then edit it to remove the reg. number?

You know we love viewing the pix on this site:)

Regards..Lenny

14-01-2008, 18:19
Could'nt you go back to the origional picture then edit it to remove the reg. number?

You know we love viewing the pix on this site:)

Regards..Lenny

Don't know how to do it, tried but no can do:o

lenny
14-01-2008, 18:27
Don't know how to do it, tried but no can do:o

Try this..:cool: go to origional pic. then copy and paste it to Paint in your accessories, Then scratch out reg plate on your pic using pencill on the left hand column'

Good Luck..Lenny

14-01-2008, 18:32
Try this..:cool: go to origional pic. then copy and paste it to Paint in your accessories, Then scratch out reg plate on your pic using pencill on the left hand column'

Good Luck..Lenny

I know how to copy & paste, but how do I copy & paste to paint?:confused:

lenny
14-01-2008, 18:47
I know how to copy & paste, but how do I copy & paste to paint?:confused:

Sorry:confused: I fumble my way through these things but I'm not very good at explaining them to others. So I'll try again--

Copy the pic, then go to programmes on your computer, then click on accessories, then click on Paint,then open your pic by pasting it ,then edit your pic using the tools on the left. Hope this helps,or maybe someone will come on and explain it better.:D

Good Luck..Lenny

14-01-2008, 18:52
Sorry:confused: I fumble my way through these things but I'm not very good at explaining them to others. So I'll try again--

Copy the pic, then go to programmes on your computer, then click on accessories, then click on Paint,then open your pic by pasting it ,then edit your pic using the tools on the left. Hope this helps,or maybe someone will come on and explain it better.:D

Good Luck..Lenny

Thanks Lenny, just done it somehow & will post in a min

14-01-2008, 18:56
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1935-1.jpg

14-01-2008, 19:02
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1937.jpg

14-01-2008, 19:17

Good Luck..Lenny

Hi Lenny.
My original photo is on a Cannon Program and I couldn't change it in that. but in My Pictures on the desk top I could.
Thanks for your help

lenny
14-01-2008, 19:30
Hi Lenny.
My original photo is on a Cannon Program and I couldn't change it in that. but in My Pictures on the desk top I could.
Thanks for your help
Well done Graham, I had every faith in you;) Just think, these pics could go down in history (the first wildcampers meet) on this site:cool:

BTW. All the motorhomes look mint, It's time to start saving up.

Regards..Lenny

14-01-2008, 19:32
Did you notice how sunny it was. These were taken on the Saturday and the weather was great:cool::):cool::)

lenny
14-01-2008, 19:46
Did you notice how sunny it was. These were taken on the Saturday and the weather was great:cool::):cool::)

Nice pix Graham ,as per usual, just one question:confused:,what happened to the rest of the Cromford Seven:confused: Did they forget thier camera's?:eek::D

Regards..Lenny

14-01-2008, 19:48
Nice pix Graham ,as per usual, just one question:confused:,what happened to the rest of the Cromford Seven:confused: Did they forget thier camera's?:eek::D

Regards..Lenny

Well, I did see Tresrikay with a camera and he said he would post pictures.
Didn't see anyone else with a camera, however Geoff must have had one as he has posted a picture of the kids

tresrikay
15-01-2008, 12:40

Regards..Lenny

Hi Lenny, I did take Pictures but they are virtually the same as Graths so I hav'nt posted. Don't want to get boring or rub salt into the wounds of those unable to come. Rick. p.s. I like the Cromford seven, sounds like a bunch of criminals on trial............" And on the first day of the trial of those valiant campaigners who have been lauded by supporters as the Cromford 7, the dock was filled with the gritty stares of those confident in the cause for which they stand and as the judge Lord justice Tosspot entered the court the gallery became an uproar of banner waving supporters. Then as their Barrister Graham Hadfield Q.C. approached the bench....................." >>>>>>>> see what I mean Lenny.

lenny
15-01-2008, 16:33
Hi Lenny, I did take Pictures but they are virtually the same as Graths so I hav'nt posted. Don't want to get boring or rub salt into the wounds of those unable to come. Rick. p.s. I like the Cromford seven, sounds like a bunch of criminals on trial............" And on the first day of the trial of those valiant campaigners who have been lauded by supporters as the Cromford 7, the dock was filled with the gritty stares of those confident in the cause for which they stand and as the judge Lord justice Tosspot entered the court the gallery became an uproar of banner waving supporters. Then as their Barrister Graham Hadfield Q.C. approached the bench....................." >>>>>>>> see what I mean Lenny.

Well done Rick:D, can't wait for the next episode;)

Regards..Lenny

Geoff.W
15-01-2008, 16:48

Regards..Lenny

Sorry Lenny, Clare took a couple of pics of the kids, but I was too buzy yakking and forgot to take any.:eek::eek::eek:

lenny
15-01-2008, 17:08
Sorry Lenny, Clare took a couple of pics of the kids, but I was too buzy yakking and forgot to take any.:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks, Geoff, no need for sorry's, the main thing is you all enjoyed it .Christine says Chloe's gorgeous and she wants to keep her and Stephen looks a fine lad.

Regards..Lenny:)

tresrikay
16-01-2008, 10:18
Well done Rick:D, can't wait for the next episode;)

Regards..Lenny

................Mi lud, I stand before you as the representative of these gallant soules, whose pressence before you is a travesty of justice,nay, a crime in itself. These pitifull wretches.. hrumph...gallant heroes were merely practicing their god given right to associate and share in the beauty of gods own miraculous derbyshire dales and to gather by the fireside to swop tales of their adventures and to sink a few bevvies. Is it not a apparent as you gaze upon their furrowed brows and broken wills that the months they have spent in solitary confinement, forced to endure hardships unimaginable....like celebrity big brother and motorhome racing on top gear...... the X factor........Pardon mi lud....... X factor ah well its a ... sort ....of ah ..form of televisual entertainment mi lud yes for the mindless masses mi lud, Yes mi lud they were forced..... i mean you'd have to be...............

mandrake
16-01-2008, 12:44
cannot wait for the next thrilling episode of crown court vs cromford 7 :D:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS