PDA

View Full Version : double electric hob - anyone got/used one

miss jones
13-02-2013, 16:41
has anyone got/used one of these double electric hobs?
i'd decided to extend my eating clean in the van which means stir frys and scrambled eggs thinking this is easier and smaller that what i had originally thought of.
i'm not a fan of gas so don't want a gas hob.
i lived in France for 5 months with a hob so don't really need fancy stuff.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HPS2-2500W-Double-Boiling/dp/B0013HGFF8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1360776968&sr=8-8

runnach
13-02-2013, 16:51
We take one if we know we are going to a site with hookup facilities and, Mrs R seem to manage ok, under my instruction of course ;)

No use whatsoever for wilding, but I reckon you will know this...........

Regards..........

Caz
13-02-2013, 17:03
I have a single one which I use when on EHU to save the gas. Along with the leccy kettle, mini oven and slow cooker I can cook just about anything I would at home without using any gas. Not all on at once though! :lol-061:

Makzine
13-02-2013, 17:03
We have an Induction hob for when we have hookup

snowbirds
13-02-2013, 17:46
Hi miss jones,

We have a single electric hob and use it while on hook up, as you are paying for the electric and save gas.
It cost about 15 from a camping shop, but the other remote cooker we also have came from bid tv and is great at about 17 it has a cover and you can fry in it and we have even done roast potato's in it out side on the table to save the in side of the van from cooking.On hook up in Europe you have to watch the load,but you can get away with them if careful when you are down to 5-6amps if you are lucky.We have looked at most options to save were we can but I prefer to cook out side if weather permits to save the interior of the van and stop the alarm going off. If they both broke down tomorrow they would still have saved us a lot of money on saving gas and I would replace them straight away.I also have Honda Generator that has not been used about five times off of hook up and has not yet paid for it's self yet.

Regards Snowbirds.

has anyone got/used one of these double electric hobs?
i'd decided to extend my eating clean in the van which means stir frys and scrambled eggs thinking this is easier and smaller that what i had originally thought of.
i'm not a fan of gas so don't want a gas hob.
i lived in France for 5 months with a hob so don't really need fancy stuff.

Duronic HPS2 2500W Double Boiling Table Top Hob: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HPS2-2500W-Double-Boiling/dp/B0013HGFF8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1360776968&sr=8-8)

rockape
13-02-2013, 18:09
Hi miss jones,

We have a single electric hob and use it while on hook up, as you are paying for the electric and save gas.
It cost about 15 from a camping shop, but the other remote cooker we also have came from bid tv and is great at about 17 it has a cover and you can fry in it and we have even done roast potato's in it out side on the table to save the in side of the van from cooking.On hook up in Europe you have to watch the load,but you can get away with them if careful when you are down to 5-6amps if you are lucky.We have looked at most options to save were we can but I prefer to cook out side if weather permits to save the interior of the van and stop the alarm going off. If they both broke down tomorrow they would still have saved us a lot of money on saving gas and I would replace them straight away.I also have Honda Generator that has not been used about five times off of hook up and has not yet paid for it's self yet.

Regards Snowbirds. Have used a double ring cooker as an additional when we were camped in Portugal last January and was happy with the results

Beemer
13-02-2013, 18:49
We used to have a hot plate in our old van (2005 model), in the 2.5 years we had the van, we only used the hotplate twice, once in Germany, where it cost us 20 for two nights electric!!!:scared: and before that on a campsite. We decided we don'y need one in our 'new' van (2004 Model).

miss jones
13-02-2013, 19:54
i'll prob be on my own a lot of the time and i tend to cook a meal for 3 days and heat it up so it wont be used all the time to cook on, just to warm stuff though.
thanks for your comments

MATS
13-02-2013, 21:10
we find it easier just to take our free standing oven (roof rack job) when we go to a site - got adapter to hook up to a spare 16a socket - really easy with full cooking facility - simples

Annsman
14-02-2013, 17:27
We've got one. It's a solid ring type and has a brushed metal surround. You would need a good supply, at least 10 amp so isn't much good abroad. It cost us 40 llast year, but we've since upgraded to an induction hob and kept this for a spare! You can have it for 20.00.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS