PDA

View Full Version : For Swap - maybe!

clarkpeacock
18-02-2013, 18:08
Just wanted to throw this idea to the community to see if anyone's interested.

I have a 2002 model Hobby 750FML triaxle motorhome that I have owned from new and is set up for long term travel/ full timing. When I first bought it, I took a year out and traveled around Europe and for the next few years spent 6/8 weeks in the winter and summer traveling. However, due to changes in circumstances, for the last 5 years, I have only been able to take short breaks and the odd weekend away. It seems a bit of a waste to have all that capability and to be unable to use it!

I am therefore thinking of downsizing to a panel van conversion so that I can make better use of the short breaks available.

So, my question is if anyone in this fine community has a panel van camper that they are considering changing for a larger motorhome and would think about doing a straight swap to save the hassle of selling.

To summarise my van;

Firstly, value I would put at 25,000
Fully winterised and equipped for full timing with fitted gas tanks, solar panel, dual leisure batteries, inverter. cruise control etc. in a quality German coachbuilt van
Full leather upholstery with separate living space, kitchen area and fixed double bed
Low 45000 miles 2.8JTD Fiat Ducato with full service history and lots of paperwork
Alarm and secure deadlocks to all doors
A truly loved motorhome that has been part of the family for the past 11 years.

If I had to list a negative feature it would be that the paint has bubbled in various areas and would maybe something that a future owner would want to rectify. This has been discussed on this forum before and is very typical of the Hobby range. Purely cosmetic as the body is all aluminum, but has to be mentioned.

I would anticipate a panel van conversion of a similar value being a few years newer, but this is a serious amount of motorhome for the money if you're interested.

Drop me a PM if you would like to discuss further and I will sort out some pictures. The van is based in Gloucestershire.

clarkpeacock
05-03-2013, 15:03
Have decided that we will definitely downsize the van this year so the Hobby is now up for sale.

A few details:
2002 Model Hobby 750 FML.
Quality German coacbuilt van on Fiat Ducato/ Alko chassis
Good condition throughout
1 Owner from new
45500 miles with full service history
Dry stored
Set up for long term touring/ Full timing
7.8M length and 4500Kg gross weight
Some minor cosmetic paint bubbling on aluminium sills
and minor wear in line with vehicle age

Many features including;

Fixed bed
Dual sofas and swivel cab seats with full leather uphoulstry
Reimo cab blinds
Omnistor awning and safari room
Fixed gas tanks
Fully winterised
In board water and waste tanks
Solar panel, dual 110AH gel batteries plus 1500W inverter
Blown air central heating
Heki maxi and mini roof vents
Removable carpets
Oyster automatic satellite dish and free to air receiver
Fridge, oven and hob
Massive storage with 900Kg payload
Srikeback alarm and high security dead bolts to all doors
Bike rack
Removable scooter rack to carry up to 100KG

Plus many more standard features for comfortable living

Looking for around 25000 so please PM me if you're interested

clarkpeacock
05-03-2013, 18:00
Thank you.

I am very reluctant to get rid of it but due to changing circumstances, have only done around 2500 miles in the last 3 years, so it's just not getting used to it's full potential. Some great memories to keep from long European trips in the first few years though.

Hopefully a smaller van will mean we can get away more at the weekends and someone else can get the benefit from the Hobby.

Yours is a great van too. I once thought I would upgrade to Hymer but could never quite afford the S820 I aspired to!

PS. Thanks for keeping the thread bumped too!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS