PDA

View Full Version : External thermal screen

carol
01-03-2013, 09:55
Hi I'm looking for an extermal thermal screen for a VW t4. I live in Bradford and prepared to travel around West Yorks. Cheers

Wooie1958
01-03-2013, 12:00
Hi Carol,

Have a look here :- Silver Screens the original and best Motorhome cab window insulation ! (http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/)

They are not that far from you, i`ve had 3 off them now and will happily recommened them.

They are happy to knock off the postage if you can collect.

They also have " Secondhand Screens " at very good prices as they will happily take in used ones Part-Ex.

mikejay
01-03-2013, 12:27
I second silverscreens great service and next day delivery and quality product no condensation in -7 weather.

Mike

REC
01-03-2013, 17:39
I agree, their product is far superior to others we tried and looked at. Also they know their stuff when you phone, and are not pushy about the sale.

phillybarbour
01-03-2013, 20:46
We have a Silverscreen and used it in the Italian Dolomites last week -24 on the lowest nite, no condensation, that says it all.

carol
13-03-2013, 09:48
Thanks for the info. I've phoned Silver Screens and can confirm how helpful and unpushy they were. Although Just Kampers do one at half the price I'm going with Silver Screens.

windysurfer
13-03-2013, 11:57
The Just Kampers one's are pretty poor in comparison the Silver screens

PinkFlowerPetal
13-03-2013, 12:09
Thanks for the info. I've phoned Silver Screens and can confirm how helpful and unpushy they were. Although Just Kampers do one at half the price I'm going with Silver Screens.

I'm sure you won't regret it, I think they are the dogs ........ - sorry I mean the Bees Knees in Thermal Screens!

PFP

fairytooth
15-03-2013, 10:54
Can anyone vouch for VAN COMFORT as a supplier of thermal screens? As I don't have cab doors, Silverscreens can't help.

sasquatch
15-03-2013, 11:15
I agree with the previous opinions on Silver Screens I have had them for all my vehicles and they certainly are the dogs danglys. They are extremely well made and provide a superior level of insulation.
Like many things in this world the name has become a generic name for insulating screens,like Hoover and Biro have for cleaners and ballpoint pens. The genuine is the best.
The best investment I ever made for my campers.

Smaug
15-03-2013, 19:57
You could just make one out of bubblewrap & duct tape for the seams. It works well, I have had one on my van all winter to save the siver screen from storm damage, it worked really well, just as good as a full price professional one!

Romahomepete
17-03-2013, 21:02
One on ebay now

Peter

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS