Cromford Canal Basin

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1944.jpg

grath
31-12-2007, 16:44
Cromford Canal Basin

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1939.jpg

mandrake
31-12-2007, 17:10
hi graham see you have been round our favorit haunts, lucky devil :D looks great weather cannot wait to get behind the wheel again. if you had driven past cromford over the river toward critch about 2 miles on your right is a car park, it leads to the water treatment works its a bit hard to find at first but if you pass the entrance you can turn round in the village and go back its about 250 yds on your left then. dont know about staying the night ther but no sighns saying you carnt have a good new year all .

grath
31-12-2007, 17:12
My favourite was Cromford Canal basin, we just had a look, but will be wilding there in the next few weeks.
I suggest this would be a good place for the meet in January.

mandrake
31-12-2007, 17:17
it is a good place for a meet, but dont park in the fieild at the rugby ground over night the farmer will have a thrombie as we fond out one morning :eek::eek:but its ok to park during the day.

grath
31-12-2007, 17:20
it is a good place for a meet, but dont park in the fieild at the rugby ground over night the farmer will have a thrombie as we fond out one morning :eek::eek:but its ok to park during the day.

The main Car park looked ok to me and for overnight, however 2 ton max might have to go by the way side:D

mandrake
31-12-2007, 17:27
our van is over 2 ton but we have never had a prob . did you go to matlock itself, and look at the railway car park . i think sainsburys will be open now, just wondered if it was still ok .

grath
31-12-2007, 17:30
our van is over 2 ton but we have never had a prob . did you go to matlock itself, and look at the railway car park . i think sainsburys will be open now, just wondered if it was still ok .

Yes, but we drove straight past.
The station now has a new car park and it was full with cars (no where for a m/h.
Sainsburys was very busy, but there would have been room, don't know if they would let you overnight though.
Too busy for us as we prefered Cromford or Matlock bath.
Pity though as Matlock is well worth a walk around as we have been there a few times.

mandrake
31-12-2007, 17:38
as far as i know the car park is still a public one , it will get a bit chocka in the day but it is usualy quiet at night. will have to have a look as soon as i am driving again.

grath
31-12-2007, 17:50
as far as i know the car park is still a public one , it will get a bit chocka in the day but it is usualy quiet at night. will have to have a look as soon as i am driving again.

The above pictures were about 3.00 pm today and it is a sort of holiday.

kate13
25-01-2008, 20:18
Hi
Looks a great place. Anyone have post code? I want to find it in google earth
Regards Julie

Geoff.W
25-01-2008, 20:39
Hi
Regards Julie

Hi Julie here's the link on Google maps

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=cromford+derbyshire&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=53.109303,-1.558621&spn=0.002512,0.003691&z=16&iwloc=addr

Carpark is top centre off Mill Road.

If you look on "Wildcamp meets & gatherings" at the "W'end 11-13th Jan Derbyshire" thread, you'll find lots of info. and pics of the recent meet there.

grath
27-04-2008, 09:59
Somebody mentioned a few weeks ago that overnighting is no longer tolerated and that the Derbyshire council have employed a CLAMPING company!!!!:eek:
Does anybody have any update on this or know if any truth in it????:confused::eek::confused::eek:
Now before anybody says anything, I do know that signs were up saying NO CAMPING, but I do know that they have been turning a blind eye to it!!!:D:D

grath
27-04-2008, 20:38
Somebody mentioned a few weeks ago that overnighting is no longer tolerated and that the Derbyshire council have employed a CLAMPING company!!!!:eek:
Does anybody have any update on this or know if any truth in it????:confused::eek::confused::eek:
Now before anybody says anything, I do know that signs were up saying NO CAMPING, but I do know that they have been turning a blind eye to it!!!:D:D

Anybody know?????? also Matlock Bath????

grath
28-04-2008, 05:58

I know that I keep bringing this to the top, but can anybody help please:confused:

mandrake
28-04-2008, 16:38
I know that I keep bringing this to the top, but can anybody help please:confused:

i hope they are not clamping in the area of matlock as that is our weekend retreat :eek::eek::eek::eek:

mandrake
28-04-2008, 16:58
do you know ,i am getting a little sick of this country . ok it is the best place in the world to me , but all the powers to be want to do is make us pay for every thing. unless you come here as an asylum seeker and they are only here because they say they are persecuted in there own country ha ha, i see that they can protest in the street to have the right to work here if we protest for something our local officers of the law move us on . why oh why can we not work pay our way and then with the little time we have left park our vans up without being hassled for more money out of our empty pockets .i am not sorry if this offends any of the do gooders that may be out there but it is about time that we all stand up for our rights that our for fathers died for and that is freedom i love derbyshire and if the worst comes to the worst i will park in a layby and sod the council vampires

tresrikay
28-04-2008, 19:01
do you know ,i am getting a little sick of this country . ok it is the best place in the world to me , but all the powers to be want to do is make us pay for every thing. unless you come here as an asylum seeker and they are only here because they say they are persecuted in there own country ha ha, i see that they can protest in the street to have the right to work here if we protest for something our local officers of the law move us on . why oh why can we not work pay our way and then with the little time we have left park our vans up without being hassled for more money out of our empty pockets .i am not sorry if this offends any of the do gooders that may be out there but it is about time that we all stand up for our rights that our for fathers died for and that is freedom i love derbyshire and if the worst comes to the worst i will park in a layby and sod the council vampires

Like you say, Maybe it is time to make a stand......... How about if we organize a meet, pay our parking fees etc but if officialdom come along and try to issue parking tickets, we refuse to move, say we are holding a legitimate protest, refuse to pay any fines, get press involved to highlight the insanity of it all, stating the obvious difference between us and Travellers. We could set up a fighting fund to support those willing to participate (volunteers step forward, just stepped forward myself ) Its getting to the stage where we have to do something......... DO YOU AGREE??????

lenny
28-04-2008, 19:14
Count me in ,Rick,although I'm new to wildcamping I can see the problem you're having and can't believe the stance this country takes against decent people who want to be closer to nature in there leisure time.:(

mandrake
28-04-2008, 20:47
Hi
Regards Julie

hi kate 13 havent seen you or the avitar if you are new then hi

mandrake
28-04-2008, 20:54
we are not doing anything wrong .all we want to do is work 5 days a week and then pay our taxes and after that enjoy what little time we have law abiding

mandrake
28-04-2008, 21:08

hi grath the notices do say no camping, we do not camp all we do is pay our fees for the night and then either move or pay for a days parking. so what are we doing wrong i know you will agree with me, and dont get me wrong i am not saying you agree with the authority's you like the rest of us want to live our lives and enjoy.

grath
29-04-2008, 05:59
hi grath the notices do say no camping, we do not camp all we do is pay our fees for the night and then either move or pay for a days parking. so what are we doing wrong i know you will agree with me, and dont get me wrong i am not saying you agree with the authority's you like the rest of us want to live our lives and enjoy.

Well, we are not strictly camping or are we??:rolleyes:
It would be a point of law if we were fined for camping, but we would be sleeping and cooking:D
On another point, I am fed up of having meets in cold weather:mad:, wouldn't it be nice to have a meet during the summer when the weather hopefully would be good:cool:
I propose Cromford again and if anyone wants to take this up, we will come if we are free:cool:

mikejay
29-04-2008, 06:47
Thats what me and nomad1 where talking about what is the difference between parking your empty van over night with a ticket and sleeping in it?do we take up more room or sometmething?.When at stratford we had to stop on a car park for 1 night this yr and last yr .Last yr the warden said it would be ok if we had a ticket so we did it again this yr and spotted the notice no cooking or sleeping yet the place is a lorry park aswell and they can sleep and cook? You see all these signs saying take a break tiredness kills but when you pull up you cant have a kip? It will be a real shame if we can no longer sleep at cromford we used to use the old station (now a super market )then the other station and get off in the morning before the wardens came .And the cromford car park was a nice place 2 sleep over .This whole country is doomed you work all week then they want you to spend 15-20 quid a night to park on a bit of grass over night ? and dont get me going on fuel prices lol put 50 quid in last night and got just over 40litres:eek: which dont go very far when you van does around 25mpg :(

Rant over Mike

starblazer
29-04-2008, 09:24
It would be a point of law if we were fined for camping, but we would be sleeping and cooking:D
:

In Denmark if you have only your wheels on the road you are parking but as soon as you have any item of camping gear out, including your step, you are camping and will be moved on. Does the same apply here?

bertie

Belgian
29-04-2008, 09:54
In Denmark if you have only your wheels on the road you are parking but as soon as you have any item of camping gear out, including your step, you are camping are will be moved on. Does the same apply here?

bertie

Not only in Denmark; it should also apply elswhere in Europe. An European directive makes a distinction between 'parking' and 'camping'. Simply put: if you can drive on without having to leave the vehicle you are parking. ;)
It is also allowed to rest or sleep in any vehicle.
But it seems that in many countries (also at the Belgian coast) local officials sometimes bend the law under pressure of the camping-owners lobby.:mad:

sammclouis
29-04-2008, 09:59
On another point, I am fed up of having meets in cold weather:mad:, wouldn't it be nice to have a meet during the summer when the weather hopefully would be good:cool:
I propose Cromford again and if anyone wants to take this up, we will come if we are free:cool:

bring on a meet in the warm weather....im up for that!!
in stratford at the weekend it was the 1st time this year i have had a meet up where we all sat outside and didnt feel the cold,the weather was great!! mind you maybe the alcohol numbed me from any cold...lol:D:D:D

mikejay
29-04-2008, 10:09
Yeah it was a good meet at stratford Sam weather and company was great till it lashed it down on sunday and turned the bit were we was setup into a pond lol.Roll on hotter weather/more meets and more time off work:)

Mike

Nomad1
29-04-2008, 10:13
stratford was a good meet,,,great people ,,nice to meet old friends and meet new ones..roll on the next one,,hope its wilder than the last,,

see you friday mike,,its jack time again !!:cool:

sammclouis
29-04-2008, 11:33
Yeah it was a good meet at stratford Sam weather and company was great till it lashed it down on sunday and turned the bit were we was setup into a pond lol.Roll on hotter weather/more meets and more time off work:)

Mike

hey i didnt see much of sunday........:D

sammclouis
29-04-2008, 11:40
In Denmark if you have only your wheels on the road you are parking but as soon as you have any item of camping gear out, including your step, you are camping are will be moved on. Does the same apply here?

bertie

iv heard this before bertie...so if grath goes to cromford and just "parks" his van and doesnt get the deck chairs and step out etc etc how can that be classed as camping...surley thats just "parking"...?

mandrake
29-04-2008, 16:44
[QUOTE=sammclouis;34107]iv heard this before bertie...so if grath goes to cromford and just "parks" his van and doesnt get the deck chairs and step out etc etc how can that be classed as camping...surley thats just "parking"...?[/QUOTe i think as long as we just park up and sleep, as long as we dont have tables and chairs out we cannot be classed as camping. as long as the notice mentions nothing about sleeping carnt see anything wrong ???

grath
29-04-2008, 16:47
[QUOTE=sammclouis;34107]iv heard this before bertie...so if grath goes to cromford and just "parks" his van and doesnt get the deck chairs and step out etc etc how can that be classed as camping...surley thats just "parking"...?[/QUOTe i think as long as we just park up and sleep, as long as we dont have tables and chairs out we cannot be classed as camping. as long as the notice mentions nothing about sleeping carnt see anything wrong ???

I can't see anything wrong with putting the table and chairs out as we would be having a picnic!:cool:
And I will:D

sammclouis
29-04-2008, 16:55
i think as long as we just park up and sleep, as long as we dont have tables and chairs out we cannot be classed as camping. as long as the notice mentions nothing about sleeping carnt see anything wrong ???
mandrake i think you are right!!...it makes sense,also if you were sleeping in your van and someone knocked the door...dont answer,if you dont answer your not there right?....:o

mandrake
29-04-2008, 16:56
[QUOTE=mandrake;34122]

I can't see anything wrong with putting the table and chairs out as we would be having a picnic!:cool:
And I will:D true i know this may ruffle some feathers (not like me to do so:eek:) but if the traveling fraternity you know who i mean can park willy nilly and cause so much mayhem for weeks on end then why carnt we stay a night or two at least we dont emptey the locals sheds and leave whats left of stolen motors about ps you can all hang me now :D:D:D:D:D:D

sammclouis
29-04-2008, 16:58
And I will:D

remember the roaches.....:D:D:D
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/sammclouis/DSC04014.jpg

Hazy-thoughts
29-04-2008, 17:01
Just picked up on this thread again, and disappointed to read of the changes which are as already stated just another nail in the coffin of this once great country of ours. Unfortunately although it is still mainly Green I cant see much pleasant about it from where I stand.

I am in the position where very shortly I will be purchasing a motorhome and aim to travel the length and breadth of Britain, at this rate for quite possibly the very last time. I can see me disappearing across the channel and not coming back.

If and when you make your stand, please let me know, If we are mobile then I will take great pleasure in joining you.
Any way of sticking two fingers up to those imbeciles running our country.

Right wheres me tablets :)

mandrake
29-04-2008, 17:06
Just picked up on this thread again, and disappointed to read of the changes which are as already stated just another nail in the coffin of this once great country of ours. Unfortunately although it is still mainly Green I cant see much pleasant about it from where I stand.

I am in the position where very shortly I will be purchasing a motorhome and aim to travel the length and breadth of Britain, at this rate for quite possibly the very last time. I can see me disappearing across the channel and not coming back.

If and when you make your stand, please let me know, If we are mobile then I will take great pleasure in joining you.
Any way of sticking two fingers up to those imbeciles running our country.

Right wheres me tablets :) if you cannot find your pills i have some you can have they work a treat ps they are strictly legal by the way :D:D:D:D

Hazy-thoughts
29-04-2008, 17:08
To be honest I have a preffered method of sedation ;) but thanks very much for the offer my friend :) :)

sammclouis
29-04-2008, 17:11
true i know this may ruffle some feathers (not like me to do so:eek:) but if the traveling fraternity you know who i mean can park willy nilly and cause so much mayhem for weeks on end then why carnt we stay a night or two at least we dont emptey the locals sheds and leave whats left of stolen motors about ps you can all hang me now :D:D:D:D:D:D

iv been reading about this today....it seems to move us it depends on the land owner & if the land owner want us off he has rights to use reasonable force......
see here http://www.legalisewildcamping.com/?page_id=10
i think i also read somewhere it could be classed as anti social behaviour..although i cant seem to find the link at the mo...i agree that we are treated unfairly
samm

AndyC
29-04-2008, 17:15
In Denmark if you have only your wheels on the road you are parking but as soon as you have any item of camping gear out, including your step, you are camping and will be moved on. Does the same apply here?

bertie

Sadly not...

The whole movement for UK Stopovers is restricted by the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act.

See: www.ukmotorhomes.net/stopovers_news.shtml#legislation
(http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/stopovers_news.shtml#legislation)
AndyC

grath
29-04-2008, 17:21
To be quite honest, I put the table & Chairs out everywhere and anywhere and Kath gets embarrassed by it but what the heck!!!!!
When I was trucking, I would put them out so no difference to me and if people don't like it, they can lump it!!!!:D

grath
29-04-2008, 17:42

bertie

I have no idea, buy I stop where ever I want if it looks good and safe and I put the table and chairs out if I feel like it;)
Bad or bad:D

tresrikay
29-04-2008, 18:04
To be quite honest, I put the table & Chairs out everywhere and anywhere and Kath gets embarrassed by it but what the heck!!!!!
When I was trucking, I would put them out so no difference to me and if people don't like it, they can lump it!!!!:D

As the old biddies used to, the lenght and breadth of the country, in layby's.Whilst having a brew and breathing in the fumes. Whats so different when we do it in our vans?

AndyC
29-04-2008, 18:36
As the old biddies used to, the lenght and breadth of the country, in layby's.Whilst having a brew and breathing in the fumes. Whats so different when we do it in our vans?

The 'old biddies' packed up and went home after their brew.... :)

AndyC

tresrikay
29-04-2008, 18:38
The 'old biddies' packed up and went home after their brew.... :)

AndyC

So do we, just the next morning;)

grath
05-05-2008, 18:13
Cromford is still ok guys and gals as we have wilded there from last friday, until today (bank holiday monday) and we have had no problems at all.:cool::cool:

grath
05-05-2008, 18:21
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0059.jpg
Cromford Wharf in the sunshine

grath
05-05-2008, 18:22
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0063.jpg
Parked in the corner

grath
05-05-2008, 18:23
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0074.jpg
With the Table & chairs out:cool:

grath
05-05-2008, 18:24
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0067.jpg
Canoe's at Cromford

grath
05-05-2008, 18:26
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0051.jpg
Car park tariff

grath
05-05-2008, 18:31
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0057.jpg
Cromford wharf buildings

grath
05-05-2008, 18:33
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0081.jpg
Wildlife at Cromford

grath
05-05-2008, 18:36
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0096.jpg
More wildlife at Cromford

lenny
05-05-2008, 18:37
Car park tarrif

Great pics Graham, I'm bet you all enjoyed your weekend, but whats this 2ton weight limit idea? Is this another ploy by Derbyshire CC to ban motorhomes?:confused:

grath
05-05-2008, 18:37
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0078.jpg
And even more wildlife at Cromford

grath
05-05-2008, 18:39
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0090.jpg
Lovely bird, but out of focus a little

grath
05-05-2008, 18:41
Great pics Graham, I'm bet you all enjoyed your weekend, but whats this 2ton weight limit idea? Is this another ploy by Derbyshire CC to ban motorhomes?:confused:

The council vans came on, but took no notice of us and other m/hs that parked there:cool:

BedfordMJ
05-05-2008, 18:48
Looks really nice - was it free? were the Ducks laying

grath
05-05-2008, 21:49
What a small world, we even bumped into Mr & Mrs Telstar:cool::cool:

Telstar
06-05-2008, 11:46
Not once, but twice we bumped into them! Although we didn't go to the pub like some! Nice to see you again Kath and Graham. Will keep an eye out for tickets for Edinburgh

Jon

dazkim
26-05-2008, 19:19
Hi all
We just done our first weekend wild camping and our first night was at cromford canal and was great our second night was at castleton .
We are realy getting in to this wild camping thing .
Cheers dazkim

cipro
28-05-2008, 11:33
Cromford seems tobe getting a popular place, maybe because of this site.
I only new about it because I was told, plus there was a meet there last feb now nick named the " cromford seven " lol

grath
13-06-2008, 18:54
So this will soon be another carpark with NO OVERNIGHTING signs :mad:
This is all giving motorhomes a BAD name :confused:
You should all have a 1 night stay only policy &move next day
And no more than 2 vans
If we all stick to these rules we will still have places to O/N :)
I supose that somebody who does not join in at meets had to say it:mad:
Maybe you are right???maybe no more meets:mad::mad:
Maybe all meets on commercial sites but from my experience on here:(:( no one wants to pay (short arms and long pockets:D:D

tresrikay
13-06-2008, 19:41
I supose that somebody who does not join in at meets had to say it:mad:
Maybe you are right???maybe no more meets:mad::mad:
Maybe all meets on commercial sites but from my experience on here:(:( no one wants to pay (short arms and long pockets:D:D

The question is, do we slink around like lowlife afraid to socialise or do we excercise our rights as free spirits, the choice is ours. I for one am fed up of being P.C. whilst all the cretins and feral lowlife go about their destruction of our beautifull countryside in their rice rockets and slikups. If I want to spend a couple of nights with a few nice people in a big car park out of the tourist season. Then I shall do so.:mad:

mandrake
13-06-2008, 22:22
The question is, do we slink around like lowlife afraid to socialise or do we excercise our rights as free spirits, the choice is ours. I for one am fed up of being P.C. whilst all the cretins and feral lowlife go about their destruction of our beautifull countryside in their rice rockets and slikups. If I want to spend a couple of nights with a few nice people in a big car park out of the tourist season. Then I shall do so.:mad: well said
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9809/59059855cl9.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=59059855cl9.jpg)
[URL=http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11289349fc9.jpg][IMG]http://img185.imageshack.us/img1 dont know if you all can make it out but the first pic is of a pike that hangs around cromford canal basin by the way i noticed a distinct lack of ducklings thi year

mandrake
13-06-2008, 22:30
http://img401.imageshack.u s/img401/9517/14347700xm2.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14347700xm2.jpg)tried to get this on last post but failed trout at bakewell you can virtualy feed them by hand

zeezee16
06-12-2009, 16:44
Ok, I looked on google earthy thing for Cromford basin, but cant find it, anyone tell me exactly where it is as we are doing Monsal head on friday & Cromford on saturday. Anyone else fancy it.
Cheers, Pete

grath
06-12-2009, 16:53
Ok, I looked on google earthy thing for Cromford basin, but cant find it, anyone tell me exactly where it is as we are doing Monsal head on friday & Cromford on saturday. Anyone else fancy it.
Cheers, Pete

See mill rd and then to the right just after the laft hand bend, where it says Mill Rd turn right here into the car park
cromford derbyshire - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=cromford+derbyshire&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=53.109303,-1.558621&spn=0.002512,0.003691&z=16&iwloc=addr)

zeezee16
06-12-2009, 20:34
See mill rd and then to the right just after the laft hand bend, where it says Mill Rd turn right here into the car park
cromford derbyshire - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=cromford+derbyshire&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=53.109303,-1.558621&spn=0.002512,0.003691&z=16&iwloc=addr)
Thanks grath, found it now, even though the google earth pic is a few years old.
Cheers, Pete

ajs
06-12-2009, 20:45
If I want to spend a couple of nights with a few nice people in a big car park out of the tourist season. Then I shall do so.:mad:

:eek:... you found some then :eek:

regards :p
aj

tresrikay
07-12-2009, 18:45
:eek:... you found some then :eek:

aj

I had lots ......before the blind biker put them all off.....:eek::rolleyes::D

tresrikay
07-12-2009, 18:47
Cheers, Pete

Might just join you............ LOVE spoiling peoples solitude....... be at Monsall Friday about 7ish.

ajs
07-12-2009, 19:02
Originally Posted by zeezee16 http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/derbyshire/2750-cromford-canal-basin-post77955.html#post77955)
Cheers, Pete

Might just join you............ LOVE spoiling peoples solitude....... be at Monsall Friday about 7ish.

i aint cummin:(... well... not unless U2 are supplying all the wiksey :D...
you lot drank me dry last time :mad:

regards :eek:
aj

tresrikay
07-12-2009, 19:04
i aint cummin:(... well... not unless U2 are supplying all the wiksey :D...
you lot drank me dry last time :mad:

regards :eek:
aj

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......:eek:............................:mad::rolle yes:

ajs
08-12-2009, 00:50
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......:eek:............................:mad::rolle yes:...yes

:D

tightfistednastid :D

regards
aj

tresrikay
08-12-2009, 19:21

:o:o:o oooooOOOOOOOPPPPs,:o Just got a big B******ing......Already commited to the Christmas shoppingy thungy........... nearly a divorce...... So I stood up for meself as a man should and said......... Oh yes dear......... :o

So.... I won't be there after all:o

ajs
08-12-2009, 21:06
:o:o:o oooooOOOOOOOPPPPs,:o Just got a big B******ing......Already commited to the Christmas shoppingy thungy........... nearly a divorce...... So I stood up for meself as a man should and said......... Oh yes dear......... :o

So.... I won't be there after all:o

don't come-it... this is about peepee's potential f6r drinking all yer wiksey:rolleyes::eek::mad:

regards:p
aS

tresrikay
09-12-2009, 18:09
don't come-it... this is about peepee's potential f6r drinking all yer wiksey:rolleyes::eek::mad:

regards:p
aS

Sussed again..........:mad:

zeezee16
13-12-2009, 16:03
Went to Monsal Head Friday night, plenty of room, very quite, just 2 vans there. Not bad for 20p per night.
The pub's a bit dear, but it has some good ales, and a good variety of food.
Stayed at Cromford Basin saturday night, again, very quite and just 2 vans again. 10 mins walk into the village, shops, fish shop, an olde worlde diy/ironmongers shop with everything you could think of,(I bought 4 genuine BINGO PENS for Croft). A couple of good pubs too.
There is plenty of room in the Basin carpark, toilets open until 10pm, an ideal place for a meet next year.
Cheers, Pete

grath
13-12-2009, 16:28
An earlier Cromford meet

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1933.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1942.jpg

A great location for a meet

ajs
13-12-2009, 18:02
Went to Monsal Head Friday night, plenty of room, very quite, just 2 vans there. Not bad for 20p per night.
The pub's a bit dear, but it has some good ales, and a good variety of food.
Stayed at Cromford Basin saturday night, again, very quite and just 2 vans again. 10 mins walk into the village, shops, fish shop, an olde worlde diy/ironmongers shop with everything you could think of,(I bought 4 genuine BINGO PENS for Croft). A couple of good pubs too.
There is plenty of room in the Basin carpark, toilets open until 10pm, an ideal place for a meet next year.
Cheers, Pete

bit of a sheeet day for you satdee peepee:confused:... was thinking of cummin up
on me bike to scrounge a cuppa and a sticky bun:eek: but
the weather was not good here to say the least... :(...betterer today.. :cool:
so went in the opposite direction cus i know you would have eaten all yer sticky buns by this mornin...:rolleyes:

aj

biggirafe
13-12-2009, 18:22
An earlier Cromford meet

Looks like a great place, we love canals, not sure why one for the trickcyclist.
Only 121 miles from home so will try hard to make the next meet...

zeezee16
13-12-2009, 18:29
bit of a sheeet day for you satdee peepee:confused:... was thinking of cummin up
on me bike to scrounge a cuppa and a sticky bun:eek: but
the weather was not good here to say the least... :(...betterer today.. :cool:
so went in the opposite direction cus i know you would have eaten all yer sticky buns by this mornin...:rolleyes:

aj
Wrong..... we had so many left, I fed them all to the ducks, so there.
ZZ

ajs
13-12-2009, 23:58
Wrong..... we had so many left, I fed them all to the ducks, so there.
ZZ

lyintoad :mad:

:rolleyes:

regards:D
aj

carol25singer
14-12-2009, 11:43
Just wondered if you are allowed to fish in the Canal?

zeezee16
14-12-2009, 12:00
Just wondered if you are allowed to fish in the Canal?
I should think so, but it didnt look too fishy, a bit shallow, it hasnt been used for years, and its a bit silted up, plus, loads of ducks.
There's a river that runs through Matlock bath, thats not far away.
Cheers, Pete

GregM
05-04-2010, 13:47
An earlier Cromford meet

I was looking at this on Google Maps street view and their appears to be a 'Pay and Display sign there. I was thinking of stopping there this weekend and just want to confirm that you can still wild camp here.

Thanks

Greg and Tracey

zeezee16
05-04-2010, 15:13
Its a pay & display carpark, cant remember how much it is, I think its 1 to park overnight.
ZZ

grath
05-04-2010, 17:08
A couple of years ago at Cromford

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0057.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1948.jpg

shardav
19-04-2010, 11:29
hi gregm did you got to cromford canal if so was it still ok to overnight there thanks

GregM
19-04-2010, 11:35
hi gregm did you got to cromford canal if so was it still ok to overnight there thanks

Sorry Shardav did get there in the end, the events of that weekend got changed. Are you thinking of staying there? if so when are you thinking of?

shardav
19-04-2010, 11:38
bank holiday weekend is when we are thinking of going thanks dave

Nolly
19-04-2010, 12:47
Stayed there twice last Aug and the same charges applied. Free parking overnight.:)
The toilets (which were very clean) were closed from 10pm.:
Great fish & chips in town.:)

GregM
19-04-2010, 15:23
Dave

We may see you there, not sure what we are doing but it keeps coming up.

grath
19-04-2010, 18:36
If you guys go to Cromford, there is a mill about a 10 minute walk towards Matlock Bath and it is well worth visiting as the prices and quality of their clothing was reasonable.:)
Matlock Bath is about a 20 minute walk:)
Also, you can cycle along the canal tow path

mandrake
20-04-2010, 11:16
try the mining meuseum aswell near the fishpond pub car park in matlock bath ,a good place to stay also is the railway station in matlock bath itself ,handy for the pubs and restauraunts. we have had some good times at matlock. also for a nice quiet place to park up from the cromford car park turn right out of the carpark and follow the road about a mile or so is the water treatment works on your right, they have a nice picknic area tables and seats ect. cannot vouch for staying overnight as we did not stay there but it is worth a try .

maingate
20-04-2010, 12:48
Not too far away is the village of Parwich.

The Sycamore Inn does nice meals and I have stayed over in the car park when I was working there.

I would only ask for the one night as the landladies Mother runs the C&CC CS just outside the village.:o

Phone number is 01335 390212.

Parwich has also the smallest British Legion Club in the UK.:)

shardav
28-04-2010, 19:47
hi all anybody going to comford canal this weekend

GregM
28-04-2010, 20:03
We had thought about going there this weekend but decided to go the the birthday bash instead.

Chrissy
29-04-2010, 07:56
hi all anybody going to comford canal this weekend

We were going out on the boat this weekend but weather is not going to be fab :eek: so we may come over on Sunday if weather is not looking good enough for the boat.

Chrissy

Test2391
03-01-2011, 13:55
Cromford Canal Basin

Not really sure how to fully operate this site but went to Cromford and had a great time, we are not to far away so was good for our first wild camp with our new to us swift. test2391

bop6169
15-05-2011, 10:12
Just spent a couple of nights at Cromford canal basin. We were the only van van there. It's a good place, take the time to look round the town, it's a very interesting. The bookshop near the Boat inn sells a booklet that's worth looking at.

mandrake
15-05-2011, 11:54
oh did you find that book shop ,my wife used to love looking through its old books .she could be in there an hour or so i never minded though i used to have a look at the bar in the pub ha ha . have you looked in the junk shop come colectable items on the main road nice it realy nice to hear about cromford /matlock again it was our fave weekend spot . anyone seen the big pike that cruses the canal basin lateley

Tbear
15-05-2011, 15:58
Hi Mandrake,

I saw a couple of small pike but did not see anything longer than about a foot. Took me a while to work out what they feed on as I did not see any other types of fish??

Richard

mandrake
15-05-2011, 19:54
yer there are quite a lot of small pike in the canal but there was one in the basin opposite the carpark much bigger ok its not a monster but it a nice size .i cannot think what they are feeding on as there are no other fish that i have seen ,mind you they do predate on there own speces . the saying goes that pike ar the last fish to inhabit a water before it goes dead ,shame as a canal without fish is sad . one thing i noticed over the years we have been going there is the distinct lack ducklings ok there are a few but not many ,i wonder if the bigish pike knows why

Tbear
15-05-2011, 20:15
yer there are quite a lot of small pike in the canal but there was one in the basin opposite the carpark much bigger ok its not a monster but it a nice size .i cannot think what they are feeding on as there are no other fish that i have seen ,mind you they do predate on there own species . the saying goes that pike ar the last fish to inhabit a water before it goes dead ,shame as a canal without fish is sad . one thing i noticed over the years we have been going there is the distinct lack ducklings ok there are a few but not many ,i wonder if the bigish pike knows why

Lots of ducklings and baby moorehens when I was there. Also a small brown breed of duck that spends a lot of time swimming under the water.:sad: Just don't tell my wife;)

mandrake
15-05-2011, 20:26
must be 3 years since we were there last but we noticed a lack of the ducklins ,so i wonder if the old pike is no more ,cos they love a nice bit o duck :tongue:

Tbear
15-05-2011, 20:42
must be 3 years since we were there last but we noticed a lack of the ducklins ,so i wonder if the old pike is no more ,cos they love a nice bit o duck :tongue:

It was a month or so ago I was there and there was a lot of hatchlings. Don't think there will be many left now.

kimbowbill
22-05-2011, 15:54
just spent two nights at Cromford, what a lovely place, we parked in the rugby field next door to the car park, there is a height barrier up but it was left open, we did actually spend some dosh so its not like we were freeloading, what I want to know is, how can you walk into Matlock bath along the river?
thanks
Jen

kimbowbill
22-05-2011, 15:59
oh did you find that book shop ,my wife used to love looking through its old books .she could be in there an hour or so i never minded though i used to have a look at the bar in the pub ha ha . have you looked in the junk shop come colectable items on the main road nice it realy nice to hear about cromford /matlock again it was our fave weekend spot . anyone seen the big pike that cruses the canal basin lateley

We saw the pike, but we also saw a baby one too, and we also saw a few dead baby moor hens and ducklings, maybe the pike just got bigger.

lovely walk along the tow path to the museum innit?

mandrake
22-05-2011, 17:26
just spent two nights at Cromford, what a lovely place, we parked in the rugby field next door to the car park, there is a height barrier up but it was left open, we did actually spend some dosh so its not like we were freeloading, what I want to know is, how can you walk into Matlock bath along the river?
thanks
Jen
it is nice there we loved it ,seems as if the pike is up to his skuldugery then .you say you stayed on the rugby field ,its free during the day but did you stay there the night if so you were lucky you dident encounter the mad farmer of cromford

AyGee
22-05-2011, 20:29
what I want to know is, how can you walk into Matlock bath along the river?
thanks
Jen[/QUOTE]

Hi

Unfortunately you can't walk along the river all the way without walking on the A6 footpath. This can be noisy (lots at bikes at times) but is an easy walk. Watch out for canoeists trying to drown themselves - been there, done that! Alternatively, turn right out of the canal basin car park, walk up the road a short way and then take the footpath to the left. You will need an OS map and the path can be quite steep, but it's a lovely walk. Alternatively walk along the canal towpath , past the pumping station (well worth a visit if it is in steam) to the branch on the left where there are a couple of derilect cottages. You can follow this path all the way to Ryber castle (unfortunately now converted into appartments) and then down into Matlock, it's a good day out.

Aygee

kimbowbill
22-05-2011, 20:43
what I want to know is, how can you walk into Matlock bath along the river?
thanks
Jen

Hi

Unfortunately you can't walk along the river all the way without walking on the A6 footpath. This can be noisy (lots at bikes at times) but is an easy walk. Watch out for canoeists trying to drown themselves - been there, done that! Alternatively, turn right out of the canal basin car park, walk up the road a short way and then take the footpath to the left. You will need an OS map and the path can be quite steep, but it's a lovely walk. Alternatively walk along the canal towpath , past the pumping station (well worth a visit if it is in steam) to the branch on the left where there are a couple of derilect cottages. You can follow this path all the way to Ryber castle (unfortunately now converted into appartments) and then down into Matlock, it's a good day out.

Aygee[/QUOTE]

Hey thats great, thanks
Jen

kimbowbill
22-05-2011, 20:45
it is nice there we loved it ,seems as if the pike is up to his skuldugery then .you say you stayed on the rugby field ,its free during the day but did you stay there the night if so you were lucky you dident encounter the mad farmer of cromford

yes we stayed there the night as well, i'm curious, who's the mad farmer? :mad:lol

cooljules
13-08-2011, 16:15
had a flick through quickly a lot of the pages. looks ideal for my first time in a few weeks with the dog for a couple of nights. well i have a blue badge so can stop free, which means i can afford a extra beer at the local pub so will make the landord a little happier lol

kimbowbill
13-08-2011, 18:00
had a flick through quickly a lot of the pages. looks ideal for my first time in a few weeks with the dog for a couple of nights. well i have a blue badge so can stop free, which means i can afford a extra beer at the local pub so will make the landord a little happier lol

if you get chance go get fish and chips from the one in the market place, rather scrummy, :p

cooljules
13-08-2011, 19:57
if you get chance go get fish and chips from the one in the market place, rather scrummy, :p

sounds good!

charnock
16-08-2011, 20:31
hi, stayed at cromford wharf saturday night , great place apart from that owl that was hooting early doors!!! been looking at thread about this place for abit and was not disapointed!! but was hoping we might have met some of you lot but may be next time.

cooljules
16-08-2011, 20:34
hi, stayed at cromford wharf saturday night , great place apart from that owl that was hooting early doors!!! been looking at thread about this place for abit and was not disapointed!! but was hoping we might have met some of you lot but may be next time.

im a virgin (although in my old camper 2 single diff nights in a nice pub carpark in deepest winter) and this is the first place i will be going in around 3 weeks :-) looking forward to it and i know my 2 dogs will too.

charnock
16-08-2011, 20:57
hi, our dog loved it!! if you can go bank holiday weekend because on 28/29 august leawood pumphouse & middleton engine house are both going to be working!! with any luck I will be going.

cooljules
16-08-2011, 21:02
hi, our dog loved it!! if you can go bank holiday weekend because on 28/29 august leawood pumphouse & middleton engine house are both going to be working!! with any luck I will be going.

great. wow its less than 2 weeks away, time flies, the van is ready and just saving up for 6 months tax. well if im there with the dogs, its a large old VW LT35, all black (keyed all the way down one side from asbo neighbours....) and a white plastic roof lol. 2 dogs, one damn cute and the other damn ugly!

kimbowbill
17-08-2011, 20:55

Ahhh thats great, would love to see that working, i missed the last one in June, I might try to get, although i got a party to go to on the saturday aft but might come Sat night or just come out for the day on sunday.

Jen

kimbowbill
17-08-2011, 20:57
great. wow its less than 2 weeks away, time flies, the van is ready and just saving up for 6 months tax. well if im there with the dogs, its a large old VW LT35, all black (keyed all the way down one side from asbo neighbours....) and a white plastic roof lol. 2 dogs, one damn cute and the other damn ugly!

your r8 horrible, he's gorgoeus, stop it, bless him:lol-053:

cooljules
17-08-2011, 22:32
your r8 horrible, he's gorgoeus, stop it, bless him:lol-053:

no hes ugly, hes been ugly since a tiny pup 16 or so years ago......ugly with a capital UUUUUUUU :-)

http://www.julianhales.co.uk/images/arthur%20the%20dog/PICT2092.JPG

kimbowbill
18-08-2011, 08:50
no hes ugly, hes been ugly since a tiny pup 16 or so years ago......ugly with a capital UUUUUUUU :-)

http://www.julianhales.co.uk/images/arthur%20the%20dog/PICT2092.JPG

well i'm sorry, we will have to agree to disagree

cooljules
19-08-2011, 17:10
well the camper past its retest, so once the ins co send the cert i can tax her, and were on for next weekend!!!!! will be taking a mate, so once hes finished work, had a shower etc will get there in early eve, quiet night then all day sat and the local pubs sat night, have a easy sunday, then off to somewhere else near bakewell, a nice pub that allows you to stop over inthe car park, loos n leccy if you want it. dog friendly too!

i havent told the dogs yet, will tell them closer to the day, as i dont want them barking and exited for days on end lol (arthur the ugly, could always sense when me and him was off around germany for a month, no idea how but he got more exited than me lol)

i fogot to take fotos of the van to day, and its now in a secure work yard of a mate, but will next week :-)

kimbowbill
19-08-2011, 17:26
well the camper past its retest, so once the ins co send the cert i can tax her, and were on for next weekend!!!!! will be taking a mate, so once hes finished work, had a shower etc will get there in early eve, quiet night then all day sat and the local pubs sat night, have a easy sunday, then off to somewhere else near bakewell, a nice pub that allows you to stop over inthe car park, loos n leccy if you want it. dog friendly too!

i havent told the dogs yet, will tell them closer to the day, as i dont want them barking and exited for days on end lol (arthur the ugly, could always sense when me and him was off around germany for a month, no idea how but he got more exited than me lol)

i fogot to take fotos of the van to day, and its now in a secure work yard of a mate, but will next week :-)

Sounds like a good weekend

enjoy

cooljules
19-08-2011, 17:30
Sounds like a good weekend

enjoy

thanks :-) hopefully every couple of weeks take them away for a weekend, will have a pair of happy n tired dogs lol

lotty
19-08-2011, 22:00
Quote [ then off to somewhere else near bakewell, a nice pub that allows you to stop over inthe car park, loos n leccy if you want it. dog friendly too!]

Any idea of the pubs name? We always on the look out for dog friendly pubs not too far off from us?:cheers:

p.s. i dont think your dog is ugly either :o

x

cooljules
19-08-2011, 22:05
[ then off to somewhere else near bakewell, a nice pub that allows you to stop over inthe car park, loos n leccy if you want it. dog friendly too!

Any idea of the pubs name? We always on the look out for dog friendly pubs not too far off from us?:cheers:

p.s. i dont think your dog is ugly either :o

x

i cant remember the name to save my life............i will make a note next week.

i cant even tell you where it is....apart from its on a very long flat straight road in the middle of nowhere lol. i drove past it again the other week but forgot the name.

its somewhere not far from Bakewell i think. or was it buxton????

anyway heres some fotos of the large carpark and some inside fotos, so someone maybe recognises it.

and yes, my dog is bloomin ugly, having a argument with everyone on facebook at the mo, cos no one agrees with me thats hes ugly!!!!!

The nutty campers! (http://www.julianhales.co.uk/08_feb_VW_campers.htm)

cloropois
05-10-2011, 11:37
We regularly use station carpark in Matlock - always plenty of room come late afternoon/evening. Only 40p per night. Sainsbury's 100yds away...

billi
16-12-2011, 18:51
just a kwik 1,been at the matlock railway station car park today.as clolopois sed from 10pm-8am is 40p and after talking to the car park guy they av no prob with m/h or vans.also thru dec it is free parking after 2pm.staying at cromford tonite(matlock rugby club car park)and was concerned they av overhead barriers which can be closed.but after a chat to the staff at cromford mill,they sed they never close them.billi

cooljules
16-12-2011, 18:54
just a kwik 1,been at the matlock railway station car park today.as clolopois sed from 10pm-8am is 40p and after talking to the car park guy they av no prob with m/h or vans.also thru dec it is free parking after 2pm.staying at cromford tonite(matlock rugby club car park)and was concerned they av overhead barriers which can be closed.but after a chat to the staff at cromford mill,they sed they never close them.billi

thats good, i stop on that rugby club land (near those gates) never had a problem. you might get joy riders tonight........they dont come close though, just in the middle further along. dont stop too long

when are you there till?

grath
17-12-2011, 07:22
It has previously been reported that the field landowner adjacent to the car park at Cromford (is that the Rugby club or football club) will not condone over night camping here and may ask you to move.
If that is correct, overnighting here will not help in the long term.:cry:

I mean the farmer as the owner and not the club

mandrake
17-12-2011, 09:12
yes it was me that posted a while back about the farmer .what happened is we stayed one saturday night on the field down at the very bottom near the rail bridge .there was a couple of other vans at the time so we said ok we will stay . next morning this highly irate guy in an old morris van came storming down the field ,said he was the farmer /land owner and threatend us with the police ,he said i know yor type ,once one of you stay i will have a field full of your type ,he was certainly in no mood to accept an explanation ,so we went never to return . strangly a few months later we noticed a caravan club rally in the same field .so mabey he is not averse to accepting a pocket full of tax free lolly for a overnight stay .any way thereare sop many nice places to stay around there than to bother with the likes of him .

Tbear
17-12-2011, 09:26
Its only a few coppers to stay on the carpark which may help to maintain Cromford Lock.

Richard

cooljules
17-12-2011, 09:31
Its only a few coppers to stay on the carpark which may help to maintain Cromford Lock.

Richard

i stopped there the first couple of times.

when i stopped in the field, the local plod turned up, headlights at my van on the way out for a couple of min, then left.........

my dogs love that location, lots of water etc. even fine with the sheep as they move across that field.

grath
17-12-2011, 09:49
I believe that parking where you are not wanted will only antagonize the situation and in the end lead to permanent restrictions.
Much better to overnight where you are welcome and will promote wildcamping in a much better light.

mandrake
17-12-2011, 12:32
the field is a nice place to park during the day ,there is no problem with that as during the summer it gets realy full ,but after the run in we used to leave late afternoon and go either to matlock bath rail station or into matlock itself and use the rail car park there ,never any trouble . in actual fact ,of all the places we miss with living down here ,is matlock we had some great weekends there ,and found the locals very friendly .

billi
17-12-2011, 20:21
hi cooljules,we r in matlock/chatsworth till mon,then onto bury.be nice if u cud get down ere tmrw(sun)will buy u a pint or 2.(or hot chocolate)billi

cooljules
17-12-2011, 20:40
hi cooljules,we r in matlock/chatsworth till mon,then onto bury.be nice if u cud get down ere tmrw(sun)will buy u a pint or 2.(or hot chocolate)billi

Hi, will speak to our lass now, the campervan should have everything ready for a night away. if you want to pm me your number, can confirm then incase you dont get internet again (i dont when im away)

im less than a hour away, so could take a steady drive in the afternoon.

alas im tea total (as everyone on here will comfirm)

are you on the rugby field still or car park? either is ok for me.

(will check this again in about 40 min, little but painful to come up and down the stairs)

grath
18-12-2011, 05:59
I believe that parking where you are not wanted will only antagonize the situation and in the end lead to permanent restrictions.
Much better to overnight where you are welcome and will promote wildcamping in a much better light.

Maybe you could ask before camping in the field, then we would know for sure and not spoil the situation?
I think that I can guess what the answer will be!
Incidentally, the last time that we overnighted on the car park, a few years ago, we went to the Cromford Mill, just along the main rd towards Matlock Bath and we contributed to the local economy. I hear you may be having few pints in the local hostelry which is equally as good,so have a great time and enjoy!

Stubby
13-02-2012, 14:51
Hi can anyone tell me if it is a problem to sleep here or is it ok may give it a try this weekend weather permitting cheers stubby ;)

grath
13-02-2012, 14:58
Hi can anyone tell me if it is a problem to sleep here or is it ok may give it a try this weekend weather permitting cheers stubby ;)

We have not overnighted here for a couple of years but it used to be OK in the car park by the canal basin. maybe someone with up to date knowledge will come along.
I would give it a go at this time of year and if you do get a problem you can always move to Matlock Bath which is a 5 minute drive.

Stubby
13-02-2012, 15:22
Thanks grath

Beemer
13-02-2012, 18:50

We stopped overnight last year at Cromford Basin, and took our bicycles for a run along the canal path and up the old railway line on the High Peak Trail. I remember sleeping very well that night!!:lol-053:

kimbowbill
13-02-2012, 21:12
Thanks grath

Hi Stubby

the last time i went was September, they had implemented a new parking charge but there was nothing that stated No overnighting but cant remember the charge, i do remember it still been very cheap 2 or summat like that.

If you do go will you update us please

ta
Jen x

Stubby
14-02-2012, 05:25
Hi jen Yes no probs it will be cromford or redcar dont no yet if my mam an dad go away it will be redcar so i may go up on friday and join them when the wife gets home from work but i think i will be going to cromford as soon as i will update asap thanks
Stubby ;)

cooljules
14-02-2012, 14:38
been a couple of times, i like it but the dogs love it

yorkslass
16-02-2012, 21:21
[Q UOTE=Stubby;170757]Hi can anyone tell me if it is a problem to sleep here or is it ok may give it a try this weekend weather permitting cheers stubby ;)[/QUOTE]

hi stayed a couple of times last year. no problems, just make sure you have a parking ticket , guy came round 8am prompt to check. smashing place.

Stubby
17-02-2012, 08:32
Hi yorkslass an thanks will be trying it next time out this weekend going to redcar cheers stubby

Stubby
24-02-2012, 19:39
At cromford now got here after dark but looks nice no probs

Richardsonroamer
24-02-2012, 20:13
Cromford Canal Basin

What's the postcode please

grath
24-02-2012, 20:17
What's the postcode please

Sorry, no idea, it's only a small village.

rebbyvid
25-02-2012, 06:26
Think you will find its DE43RQ
Here
cromford - Google Maps (http://g.co/maps/5vdsm)

cooljules
25-02-2012, 12:40
hope to go in a few weeks with Kaye and the dogs for a nice weekend

bob72
25-02-2012, 14:12
Heading there now :) thanks for the suggestion!

On our way to Yorkshire for the week.

Say hi if anyone else is there!

Stubby
25-02-2012, 19:30
There now bob hi

Richardsonroamer
25-02-2012, 19:51
[QUOTE=rebbyvid;173272]Think you will find its DE43RQ
Here
Thank you will try soon it will be out first wild camping !

yorkslass
25-02-2012, 19:53
Hi yorkslass an thanks will be trying it next time out this weekend going to redcar cheers stubby

lucky you havnt been away this year yet enjoy

bob72
25-02-2012, 20:08
In the van next door to us? We are trying out our new wifi thingy

Stubby
26-02-2012, 13:23
hi bob did you enjoy cromford we did back home in barnsley now see you around and enjoy

bob72
26-02-2012, 16:47
Yeh great place. We really liked it.we are now sat near the Whitehorse thing on the side of the hill near thirsk. No one else around

Stubby
27-02-2012, 03:35
Sutton bank i think you mean nice place you can sleep in car park at the bottom of it have a nice time mate

tbuzzer
17-03-2012, 07:11
Hi guys

Just going for a walk down the canel. This place has a lovely canel walk with cafes, picnic areas and shop. You could easily spend all day walking or touring the mill. Parking is quiet after 10 at night as dog walkers come and go in their cars until then. Public toilets on site too. I will attach photos including current parking charges later as the attachment section doesn't work with my iPhone.

tbuzzer
19-03-2012, 11:11

tbuzzer
19-03-2012, 11:16

brewkit
31-03-2012, 07:22
Just spent a very quiet night here, leisurely breakfast shortly, ( when my lass gets up ), then off for a wander.

G B JONES
03-07-2012, 09:04
Hi. Does anyone have the coordinates for this location?
I assume it is still a good spot even if the last post is 5 years old!

bopper
03-07-2012, 11:42
Hi. Does anyone have the coordinates for this location?
I assume it is still a good spot even if the last post is 5 years old!

They are Google earth. 53.110025,-1.553847

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS