PDA

View Full Version : Angle , Pembrokeshire

Gemani2
10-03-2013, 16:34
Just back from a lovely weekend in Pembs' ..New "no overnight parking" signs all over west angle bay car park , was reading the " village community" newsletter and seems the community council asked the Pembs' national parks to " get the signs up before Easter" ....all campsites were closed...would think local business would welcome some extra cash going through the tills this time of year and encourage tourism not the opposite

On a good note the landlord of "The Point " pub said okay to stay in his car park, use loos and told us where we could get the water behind the potato fairies house ( if you've been there you'll know!) , e had a lovely meal there in return .

Bur speaking to a local he said the no overnight could not be enforced in law and they ( community council) were waiting on info on how they could enforce legally ..didn't put us off though

toasty
10-03-2013, 17:18
We usually park up in Freshwater West, which is quite close to Angle. It's got no houses in the vicinity and is a lovely beach setting so I'm hoping there are no signs there (would probably ignore them anyway if they're not enforceable)

MORGANTHEMOON
10-03-2013, 17:21
Pembrokeshire is one of the least motorhome friendly areas in Wales.

jogguk
10-03-2013, 18:02

Nothing has changed then:rolleyes2: Newgale 1986. I had some yobo clowns in what looked like a farmers Landrover with spotlights revving up and shouting something about not parking by the beach, this was about 3am. In the morning I went into a shop for some milk or something and the first thing the woman said was " You should't be parking on the beach carpark overnight, perfectly good campsite opposite"

Keep meaning to go back one day!

John

POI Admin
10-03-2013, 19:39
Just back from a lovely weekend in Pembs' ..New "no overnight parking" signs all over west angle bay car park , was reading the " village community" newsletter and seems the community council asked the Pembs' national parks to " get the signs up before Easter" ....all campsites were closed...would think local business would welcome some extra cash going through the tills this time of year and encourage tourism not the opposite

On a good note the landlord of "The Point " pub said okay to stay in his car park, use loos and told us where we could get the water behind the potato fairies house ( if you've been there you'll know!) , e had a lovely meal there in return .

Bur speaking to a local he said the no overnight could not be enforced in law and they ( community council) were waiting on info on how they could enforce legally ..didn't put us off though

Google Streetview pictures from December 2008 show a 'no overnight parking' restriction in place for West Angle, so it's not recent.

Thanks for the info on The Point - I've added it to the POIs :D

Lingardsmith
16-03-2013, 20:19
I use Angle occasionally. If I get questioned I just say my husband is night fishing they don't expect a woman on her own with kids ha ha. Never stay more than one night though and also stay at Freshwest. Guys there's loads to see in Pembrokeshire move on I think the main prob with angle is vans that stay long term or that's what the villagers tell me. There is a nice site at castle farm if you want to stay long term very basic but that's what we like isn't it

Bigbri
16-03-2013, 21:21
We usually park up in Freshwater West, which is quite close to Angle. It's got no houses in the vicinity and is a lovely beach setting so I'm hoping there are no signs there (would probably ignore them anyway if they're not enforceable)

We live between Haverfordwest and Newgale and have just spent a few nights wild camping at Freshwater West. No new signs, and still a fantastic place to unwind - if you don't mind the mid-night manouvres and the rat-a-tat-tat of small arms fire at the nearby Castlemartin Firing Range. However, their website usually flags up the dates and times - forewarned is fore'armed'! Have fun. BigBri

Bigbri
16-03-2013, 21:24

Sorry. I live just outside Haverfordwest and strongly disagree! A wild camper just a mile away in a layby has been there for nearly a week now! Don't be put off. Idyllic!

BigBri

POI Admin
16-03-2013, 23:21
A wild camper just a mile away in a layby has been there for nearly a week now!

Hardly helps our image, does it?

POI Admin
16-03-2013, 23:22
We live between Haverfordwest and Newgale and have just spent a few nights wild camping at Freshwater West. No new signs, and still a fantastic place to unwind ...

Just ignoring the signs that have been there for a few years then ...

Wooie1958
17-03-2013, 06:44
A wild camper just a mile away in a layby has been there for nearly a week now! [/B] BigBri

That`s the kind of Irresponsible Behaviour that spoils it for the rest of us !

Gemani2
17-03-2013, 08:50
Whilst talking about Angle, anyone know the dates for ' Anglebury' this year ?

Bigbri
17-03-2013, 22:07
Just ignoring the signs that have been there for a few years then ...

Seriously, we walked the length and breadth of Freshwater West, and not a sign to be seen anywhere! I would be interested to see any information to the contrary - like a picture or two!

POI Admin
17-03-2013, 22:58
Seriously, we walked the length and breadth of Freshwater West, and not a sign to be seen anywhere! I would be interested to see any information to the contrary - like a picture or two!

Seen here clearly in Streetview:

Angle, Pembrokeshire - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Angle,+Pembrokeshire&aq=0&oq=angle,+pe&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=7.967693,14.370117&vpsrc=6&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Angle,+Pembrokeshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.685953,-5.105258&spn=0.001995,0.005552&z=18&layer=c&cbll=51.6859,-5.105058&panoid=jonZLkVQG0SlKRXBjbF4Xg&cbp=12,320.06,,2,10.48)

Bigbri
18-03-2013, 16:51
Seen here clearly in Streetview:

Angle, Pembrokeshire - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Angle,+Pembrokeshire&aq=0&oq=angle,+pe&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=7.967693,14.370117&vpsrc=6&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Angle,+Pembrokeshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.685953,-5.105258&spn=0.001995,0.005552&z=18&layer=c&cbll=51.6859,-5.105058&panoid=jonZLkVQG0SlKRXBjbF4Xg&cbp=12,320.06,,2,10.48)

You appear to be on the wrong side of the peninsula! The picture refers to Angle. I am singing the praises of Freshwater West - about 5 miles away! I would still be interested in a picture though - of Freshwater West.

POI Admin
18-03-2013, 17:06
Whoops :eek:

Bigbri
18-03-2013, 17:09
Whoops :eek:

No problem! Easy mistake.

Gemani2
28-04-2013, 18:22
All those lovely new ' no overnight parking' signs that were put up all over west angle bay a few weeks ago have gone ! And..rumour has it that the land in Angle was left for the use and enjoyment of all people, many moons ago and the ' no overnight cannot be enforced .A Camper stayed there on Friday night no probs, we had a fab night at 'The Point' pub, on saturdy night, live music and good food, 4 campers overnighted at pub, Rob the landlord quite happy just let him know..

Marg
23-07-2014, 22:14
Nothing has changed then:rolleyes2: Newgale 1986. I had some yobo clowns in what looked like a farmers Landrover with spotlights revving up and shouting something about not parking by the beach, this was about 3am. In the morning I went into a shop for some milk or something and the first thing the woman said was " You should't be parking on the beach carpark overnight, perfectly good campsite opposite"

Keep meaning to go back one day!

John

Maybe in 2009 but got flooded this year, and why cant people mind their own bushiness, we add to the economy, and why pay extortionate prices that they now charge per night per person!! we have everything on board, that's what a Motor-home is for, Freedom

John Thompson
24-07-2014, 06:28
The Motorhome Tourism Organisation sent a Freedom of Information request to Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority

This is the reply

Dear Mr Thompson

With reference to your further e-mail please find below our response:

We do not have a TRO, only an Off-street Parking Order. This was last updated in 1991 by another Authority, now no longer in existence. It does not exist in electronic form.

The information is in the public domain as the order was reported in the London Gazette on or about April 1991 and the draft order would have been published in the local paper Western Telegraph, a few months prior to that. I do not have a record of the dates.

Regards

Caroline Llewellyn (Mrs)

Democratic and Executive Services Assistant / Cynorthwy-ydd Gwasanaethau Democrataidd a Gweithredol
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority / Awdurdod Parc Cenedlaethol Arfordir Penfro
Llanion Park / Parc Llanion
Pembroke Dock / Doc Penfro
Pembrokeshire / Sir Benfro
SA72 6DY

We have now requested a copy of the Off-street Parking Order.

John Thompson
24-07-2014, 06:34
The Motorhome Tourism Organisation sent a Freedom of Information request to Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority

This is the reply

Dear Mr Thompson

With reference to your further e-mail please find below our response:

We do not have a TRO, only an Off-street Parking Order. This was last updated in 1991 by another Authority, now no longer in existence. It does not exist in electronic form.

The information is in the public domain as the order was reported in the London Gazette on or about April 1991 and the draft order would have been published in the local paper Western Telegraph, a few months prior to that. I do not have a record of the dates.

Regards

Caroline Llewellyn (Mrs)

Democratic and Executive Services Assistant / Cynorthwy-ydd Gwasanaethau Democrataidd a Gweithredol
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority / Awdurdod Parc Cenedlaethol Arfordir Penfro
Llanion Park / Parc Llanion
Pembroke Dock / Doc Penfro
Pembrokeshire / Sir Benfro
SA72 6DY

We have now requested a copy of the Off-street Parking Order.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS