PDA

View Full Version : Dongle (unlocked)

zipnolan
25-03-2013, 07:30
Huawei E173 USB stick modem (dongle)

To provide mobile broadband on the go.

Boxed and unused, although the box has been opened.

It is unlocked and so can be used with a data SIM from any network.

Simple plug and play.

Automatically installs the software and drivers on your computer the first time you connect to your PC or Laptop.

Specifications:
•Micro SD slot
•Plug and play
•External antenna slot CRC9
•HSDPA/UMTS (2100)
•GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900)
•Support 7.2Mbps HSDPA services
•Support PC voice (optional) and SMS services
•Support data statistics
•Support Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista,7,8 and Mac Operating Systems

£10 plus £2.50 postage uk only

sagart
25-03-2013, 08:08
Where I live mobile broadband is unobtainable, so, rather than pay a carrier for when I do need it, I've been using Samba.
Samba Mobile | Mobile Broadband | no data costs | Best mobile broadband deal (http://www.sambamobile.com/Home/Samba)
If you watch the adverts on a desktop with broadband access rather than through their Sim it's possible to build up a useful "credit"

oldish hippy
25-03-2013, 08:46
did you unlock it yourself please

loulou
25-03-2013, 09:06
Huawei E173 USB stick modem (dongle)

To provide mobile broadband on the go.

It is unlocked and so can be used with a data SIM from any network.

Simple plug and play.

Automatically installs the software and drivers on your computer the first time you connect to your PC or Laptop.

Specifications:
•Micro SD slot
•Plug and play
•External antenna slot CRC9
•HSDPA/UMTS (2100)
•GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900)
•Support 7.2Mbps HSDPA services
•Support PC voice (optional) and SMS services
•Support data statistics
•Support Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista,7,8 and Mac Operating Systems

Is this limited to UK use only or does it work world wide with any PAYG sim card?

:pc:

Sky
25-03-2013, 09:10
Is this limited to UK use only or does it work world wide with any PAYG sim card?

If it's unlocked it should work anywhere - you'll just need to buy a sim card in the country you intend to use it in.

loulou
25-03-2013, 09:25
If it's unlocked it should work anywhere - you'll just need to buy a sim card in the country you intend to use it in.

Many thanks Sky

:cheers:

zipnolan
25-03-2013, 13:50
did you unlock it yourself please

no came unlocked

fairytooth
25-03-2013, 19:02
Where I live mobile broadband is unobtainable, so, rather than pay a carrier for when I do need it, I've been using Samba.
Samba Mobile | Mobile Broadband | no data costs | Best mobile broadband deal (http://www.sambamobile.com/Home/Samba)
If you watch the adverts on a desktop with broadband access rather than through their Sim it's possible to build up a useful "credit"

I don't doubt your word as a resident Sagart but seem to remember we got a reasonable signal with Three Mobile when visiting some while back.

Here are some others' experiences: Mobile Phone Coverage in Skye and Lochalsh (http://www.lochalsh.com/mobile_phone_coverage.html) The coverage does seem a bit patchy but I would recommend trying Three. With a mifi dongle we were pretty happyall up the west coast.

Hope this is of some help.

zipnolan
26-03-2013, 06:09
huawei e173 usb stick modem (dongle)

to provide mobile broadband on the go.

It is unlocked and so can be used with a data sim from any network.

Simple plug and play.

Automatically installs the software and drivers on your computer the first time you connect to your pc or laptop.

Specifications:
•micro sd slot
•plug and play
•external antenna slot crc9
•hsdpa/umts (2100)
•gsm/gprs/edge (850, 900, 1800, 1900)
•support 7.2mbps hsdpa services
•support pc voice (optional) and sms services
•support data statistics
•support windows 2000, windows xp, windows vista,7,8 and mac operating systems

sold

sagart
26-03-2013, 08:01
I don't doubt your word as a resident Sagart but seem to remember we got a reasonable signal with Three Mobile when visiting some while back.

Here are some others' experiences: Mobile Phone Coverage in Skye and Lochalsh (http://www.lochalsh.com/mobile_phone_coverage.html) The coverage does seem a bit patchy but I would recommend trying Three. With a mifi dongle we were pretty happyall up the west coast.

Hope this is of some help.

'Fraid where I am in the NW. area coverage is poor to non-existent except with Vodafone if I stand in the right part of my garden!. You may well be right about Three, but Samba actually piggybacks on the Three network so does work in some areas.
My point was that if, like me, you live in an area where mobile contracts are a waste of time, Samba does give a free way out. For example in my case, my dongle is useless at home but when I take my wife each month to Inverness for chemotherapy it gives me a way of keeping in touch with the family by email.
I would never argue that Samba is a sensible service if you live in an area with guaranteed mobile broadband coverage.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS