PDA

View Full Version : Easter 2008

14-01-2008, 17:47
Where is everyone going this Easter?:confused:
We are thinking of wilding in Wales, probably our favorite location just outside Caernarfon over looking the Menai Straights and Anglesey with the fantastic sunset as shown in previous photographs :cool: or we may go to the Borth, Aberystwyth and Aberaeron area.:D
Not decided yet but if anyone is interested in joining us and maybe having some sort of meet, please post with suggestions.:)
We have found that we can find suitable places to overnight in these areas and have done so for the last few years at bank holidays with out any problem.;)
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0975.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0987-1.jpg

14-01-2008, 17:58
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0996.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1000_1.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0978.jpg

loubylou
14-01-2008, 18:51
This sounds very interesting. We were thinking of Barmouth, but no real plans yet.

Lou

14-01-2008, 18:57
This sounds very interesting. We were thinking of Barmouth, but no real plans yet.

Lou

Just possibilities:D:cool:

14-01-2008, 19:24
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1632.jpg
Aberystwyth Sea Front, ok to overnight here as we have many times

sammclouis
14-01-2008, 19:37
hi i quite fancy wales this easter...if i remember rightly grath didnt i spend last easter with you in caernarfon?was a great spot,then didnt we move onto beaumaris then back to caernarfon...we met rebbyvid (rob 'n' jaine) for the 1st time..was a great weekend with great weather...hope the weather will be as good this year..sammx ;)

14-01-2008, 19:41
hi i quite fancy wales this easter...if i remember rightly grath didnt i spend last easter with you in caernarfon?was a great spot,then didnt we move onto beaumaris then back to caernarfon...we met rebbyvid (rob 'n' jaine) for the 1st time..was a great weekend with great weather...hope the weather will be as good this year..sammx ;)

We sure did and we had a great time and we have been with Rebbyvid again down south of Aberystwyth:cool:

sammclouis
14-01-2008, 19:45
We sure did and we had a great time and we have been with Rebbyvid again down south of Aberystwyth:cool:

its a great spot isnt it graham....is that the time you all phoned me up and you were all drunk and poor old me was stuck in gobowen!! jealous as hell...lol:p

14-01-2008, 19:49
its a great spot isnt it graham....is that the time you all phoned me up and you were all drunk and poor old me was stuck in gobowen!! jealous as hell...lol:p

Drunk????? wash your mouth out girl:p;):D

sammclouis
14-01-2008, 19:57
Drunk????? wash your mouth out girl:p;):D

thats a yes then!!!!:D:D

14-01-2008, 19:58
Good times at Caernarfon:cool:
Sammclouis's M/H and our previous Hymer

sammclouis
14-01-2008, 20:02
Good times at Caernarfon:cool:

yes some great times there...i dont suppose you could email me some pics as when my lappy was stolen so were all my photos..would be great if you had a copy of some of when we were together...samm x

14-01-2008, 20:06
Not a problem , but some other time, remind me on.
Didn't post picky's with people as thought it might upset you:confused:

14-01-2008, 20:12
Caernarfon wilding
A yank job, Sammclouis m/h and out previous Hymer 594 swing

sammclouis
14-01-2008, 20:20
Caernarfon wilding
A yank job, Sammclouis m/h and out previous Hymer 594 swing

ok will remind you about the piccies!...thanks;)
look at the windbreaker on that last piccy...wow that was fun putting that up..was windy that day eh!! no probs with pics being posted..its good to look at them..:)

14-01-2008, 20:22
ok will remind you about the piccies!...thanks;)
look at the windbreaker on that last piccy...wow that was fun putting that up..was windy that day eh!! no probs with pics being posted..its good to look at them..:)

We did have some good times:D:cool::)

sammclouis
14-01-2008, 20:25
We did have some good times:D:cool::)

yes we did and we drank tesco's dry too...lol :D:D:D
thats me done for tonight....talk soon..samm ;)

14-01-2008, 20:39
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0970.jpg
Sammclouis (Sam) & Ladytramp (Kath) at Beaumaris

14-01-2008, 20:43
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0981.jpg
Wilding at Caernarfon.
Close together to keep the wind off:D;)

lenny
14-01-2008, 20:52

Woa! Is that a bottle of red californian on the table?:eek: ( my favourite)

Hee Hee.. Lenny

sammclouis
14-01-2008, 21:25

un ensoleillé
le déjeuner français avec une bouteille de rouges dans beaumaris ... parfait!!

:D:D:D

lenny
14-01-2008, 21:30
un ensoleillé

Thats never a French bottle:eek: C'mon Belgian ..Help:D

Regards..Lenny

sundown
14-01-2008, 21:36
Thats never a French bottle:eek: C'mon Belgian ..Help:D

Regards..Lenny

translation

sunny French lunch with a bottle of reds in beaumaris... perfect

am I right

sundown

lenny
14-01-2008, 21:45
translation

sunny French lunch with a bottle of reds in beaumaris... perfect

am I right

sundown

Very impressive Nick, A bilingual scot(Hoch Aye the parleit vous):eek:

Regards..Lenny

sundown
14-01-2008, 22:26
ich möchte mich nicht rühmen lenny, aber ich spreche auch Deutsches
;) ;) sundown

lenny
14-01-2008, 22:33
ich möchte mich nicht rühmen lenny, aber ich spreche auch Deutsches
;) ;) sundown

Ehh?:eek:, IT's A brau bricht moonlit neet:confused: does that meen owt to you Jimmy:D:D:confused:

Regards..Lenny

sundown
14-01-2008, 22:53
hi lenny
als u Belg vraagt zal hij het voor u vertalen
sundown

sundown
14-01-2008, 22:57
un ensoleillé

sorry we're hijacking this thread so lets get back to it
thats a very nice photo sam & kath
sundown

Belgian
15-01-2008, 09:00
hi lenny
als u Belg vraagt zal hij het voor u vertalen
sundown

Prachtig Sundown ! Ik wist niet dat je zo goed nederlands kon !
And yes I will translate but.... you'll have to put a FULL bottle of red on that table ! ;)

ladytramp
15-01-2008, 15:13
Prachtig Sundown ! Ik wist niet dat je zo goed nederlands kon !
And yes I will translate but.... you'll have to put a FULL bottle of red on that table ! ;)

Well Guys the wino's are coming out now!!!!!! When we all meet up you can have as many bottles of red as you like. I'm sticking to white at the moment as I tend to get a little tipsy on red:D should I say a lot tipsy!! lol and I tend to speak in another language - not French or German no one can make it out.lol:o

Geoff.W
15-01-2008, 15:16
Back to Easter 2008.

I'm certainly up for a meet up and North wales sounds good to me.

I do like Dollgelau/Cader Idris area but don't know of any wild camping spots as we have only been there previously on sites with the tent or caravan.

That said any where in that part of the world is good with me.

15-01-2008, 18:02
Back to Easter 2008.

I'm certainly up for a meet up and North wales sounds good to me.

I do like Dollgelau/Cader Idris area but don't know of any wild camping spots as we have only been there previously on sites with the tent or caravan.

That said any where in that part of the world is good with me.

Hi Geoff.
The Caernarfon location is pretty good and there is a picnic (aire like) spot just along the road where severel m/h's could park. Too far to walk into town though!
Aberystwyth is on the prom but could be a problem if too many vans.
Borth would also be ok as by sand dunes but if the weather was bad it would be no good.
I have used all and been ok on my own

robb
31-01-2008, 15:17
:cool: Why could you not come down here to Cornwall Easter? so WE can see what you've all got! :D We go on a CampOut every Easter, we call it Easter Buggy, we are going to a very nice site on the cliff tops by the beach, Gwithian Farm Campsite, very close to Hayle/St.Ives/Penzance/Lizard/Lands End/Newquay etc. :cool: £13 a pitch p.n. pub accross the road :rolleyes: I hope this is the last one I'm doing in my VW Camper next will be a propper motorhome. Would be great to meet some of you and your homes. :cool:

wolfram
31-01-2008, 16:19
We are heading towards Nevern ...:)
Cornwall at Whitson

tresrikay
31-01-2008, 17:06
:cool: Why could you not come down here to Cornwall Easter? so WE can see what you've all got! :D We go on a CampOut every Easter, we call it Easter Buggy, we are going to a very nice site on the cliff tops by the beach, Gwithian Farm Campsite, very close to Hayle/St.Ives/Penzance/Lizard/Lands End/Newquay etc. :cool: £13 a pitch p.n. pub accross the road :rolleyes: I hope this is the last one I'm doing in my VW Camper next will be a propper motorhome. Would be great to meet some of you and your homes. :cool:

Love to, but the round trip would be horrendous fuelwise :(especially as we are going to the outer hebrides this summer:). Have a great one anyway. Will be down that way in October.:)

31-01-2008, 17:18
We lived there for nearly 20 years, so know it well.
Not worth it for the Easter break and the Roads will be chocked up

Geoff.W
31-01-2008, 18:08

Great idea, but even for us in the South Midlands it's at least 250mls each way, which is just a bit too far even for a long w'end.

Best of luck with it and I hope you get some takers from the South and West Country.

robb
31-01-2008, 19:00
Our roads are a bit differant now, never known any holdups at Easter in the past 10 years! I thought buying a MotorHome was for travlin? I try in my littlold VW. used to do St.Ives--Brighton and back in a day! 700miles. Fuel is the same for me as you & I'd never travel to Cornwall Whitson if I lived outside, RTTS weekend, absolute carnige. Still each to there own.:cool:

31-01-2008, 21:08
Our roads are a bit differant now, never known any holdups at Easter in the past 10 years! I thought buying a MotorHome was for travlin? I try in my littlold VW. used to do St.Ives--Brighton and back in a day! 700miles. Fuel is the same for me as you & I'd never travel to Cornwall Whitson if I lived outside, RTTS weekend, absolute carnige. Still each to there own.:cool:

Hey Rob, I drive for a living and that sort of milage is not unusual for me, but in my own leisure time NO WAY!:eek:
I try not to see a motorway:D:D

robb
01-02-2008, 16:03
:cool:so what you got a MotorHome for?? Posing:cool:
GoodBY

Geoff.W
01-02-2008, 16:26
GoodBY

That comment is both offensive and unnecessary and I think warrents an apology.

I fail to see what your beef is, From where Grath is a round trip to southern Cornwall is 700 + miles and with the bank holiday traffic on the M5/M6 around B'ham and the M5 around Bristol would be a 10hr trip each way if you were lucky.

I can assure you that he can be in Mid/North Wales in 1/4 of the time and 1/4 of the milage why on earth would he want to do 20hrs driving and use £200 of fuel for what would only amount to 2 days break.

I hope Graham dosn't mind me leaping to his defence but these sort of posts benefit no one.

01-02-2008, 16:47
GoodBY

Just shows how little you know and how rude you are.:D:D:D

01-02-2008, 16:48
:eek:
That comment is both offensive and unnecessary and I think warrents an apology.

I fail to see what your beef is, From where Grath is a round trip to southern Cornwall is 700 + miles and with the bank holiday traffic on the M5/M6 around B'ham and the M5 around Bristol would be a 10hr trip each way if you were lucky.

I can assure you that he can be in Mid/North Wales in 1/4 of the time and 1/4 of the milage why on earth would he want to do 20hrs driving and use £200 of fuel for what would only amount to 2 days break.

I hope Graham dosn't mind me leaping to his defence but these sort of posts benefit no one.

Thanks Geoff, no problem at all!:cool:
He is talking a load of rubbish, probably an alias name:eek::D

wolfram
01-02-2008, 16:55

We are still going at whitsun :p and will let you know about the traffic... as we have two weeks to play with we wont be travelling on the bank holiday ...and that why we have a diddy van so we can move as we please. Can always pull over for a kip:) and I agree your other comment was rude and pointless.

03-02-2008, 08:03
Well, we are still planning on Wales for easter, less traffic and lots of suitable wilding locations. Not decided exactly where yet, but that is normal for us:D:D
Less miles, meaning more time to relax and have fun:cool::D

10-02-2008, 19:03
Still thinking of Caernarfon or Aberywystwyth.

hillwalker
10-02-2008, 19:15

beutiful place i wish we were a wee bit closer, just to faraway .. shame . i love the north of wales, it reminds a bit like glencoe.. crackin ..

Geoff.W
10-02-2008, 19:34

Sounds good to me.

We are still up for it, is anyone else intrested.

cas
10-02-2008, 20:07
When is Easter this year

lenny
10-02-2008, 20:20
When is Easter this year

March 21 to 24th, I think

Geoff.W
10-02-2008, 21:22
March 21 to 24th, I think

Right in one. Good Fri is 21st and Easter Mon is 24th.

cas
11-02-2008, 08:52
Depends on the weather prob be to cold for me :D

Nosha
11-02-2008, 18:41
The original pic's look GREAT!! Somewhere we MUST try sometime, but we don't go far at Easter as 'the world and his wife' are on the roads at this time, but good luck to all those who go! Just hope this lovely weather holds.

grath
29-02-2008, 18:31
:confused:Anybody going?

Telstar
03-03-2008, 11:45
Would love to meet up, but commitments as the Treasurer of a (caravan) club prevent this because we have our AGM at Easter every year. However, all that being said I am resigning so only one more year to attend then Easter is mine forever....

We are staying at a school in Woodstock this year. Previously we have stayed at Burford school. Each time making a contribution to school funds to help them balance the budgets. We then hire the school hall for social events be it fancy dress and a party, games, or just for eating in. The benefit of these venues is that they are within walking distance of great towns.

Jon

grath
03-03-2008, 17:27
Would love to meet up, but commitments as the Treasurer of a (caravan) club prevent this because we have our AGM at Easter every year. However, all that being said I am resigning so only one more year to attend then Easter is mine forever....

We are staying at a school in Woodstock this year. Previously we have stayed at Burford school. Each time making a contribution to school funds to help them balance the budgets. We then hire the school hall for social events be it fancy dress and a party, games, or just for eating in. The benefit of these venues is that they are within walking distance of great towns.

Jon

Hope you have a good time and the weather is kind for you.:cool:

grath
04-03-2008, 18:37
Woa! Is that a bottle of red californian on the table?:eek: ( my favourite)

Hee Hee.. Lenny

I was just looking through this thread and I see that a few of my photographs have been deleated.
I have not deleated these on purpose and the only way that I think that they could have been deleated is by deleating them from my album in photobucket.
I did not know that this happened and thought that once copied in full and shown as a photograph without having to go to a web page that they would stay on here.
Am I right in assuming that my deletion of photoes in my photobucket shop album has resulted in this or has something else happened?

sundown
04-03-2008, 18:46
hi graham, yes deleting a photo from photobucket deletes
said photo from every location it is posted :eek:
thats why its best to have a "wildcamping album" in photobucket

cipro
04-03-2008, 19:01

Nice one. I didn't now deleting from photobucket deletes from every post. thanks 4 that:cool:

grath
04-03-2008, 19:03

Thanks, I guessed if you had to click on the website to open the photo that it would be deleted, but I did not know that a fully installed photo on wildcamping would be deleted.
Thanks again

sundown
04-03-2008, 19:09
the only way to get your photo permanantly installed
in wildcamping is by posting it as an "attatchment"
but I notice, not a lot of member use this facility

GARY ENGLISH
06-03-2008, 08:43
All my photos are on through the attachment below,still are all on site.

Trevor
06-03-2008, 11:12
Have a nice time at Easter everyone.:)
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o240/asgreenasgrass/NiceEaster.jpg

grath
07-03-2008, 12:59
Where is everyone going this Easter?:confused:
We are thinking of wilding in Wales, probably our favorite location just outside Caernarfon over looking the Menai Straights and Anglesey with the fantastic sunset as shown in previous photographs :cool: or we may go to the Borth, Aberystwyth and Aberaeron area.:D
Not decided yet but if anyone is interested in joining us and maybe having some sort of meet, please post with suggestions.:)
We have found that we can find suitable places to overnight in these areas and have done so for the last few years at bank holidays with out any problem.;)
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0975.jpg

Getting back to thread, is anybody interested or got any ideas:confused:

grath
07-03-2008, 21:13
Thinking of Betwesycoed station car park (far end) thurs night,
Caernarfon Friday night, Beaumaris (Anglesey) Sat night,
??? Sunday:confused: maybe Llanberis, Bala or Caernarfon (anywhere):D

grath
08-03-2008, 15:13
Hi folks, Up to now there are three motorhomes definitely coming,:cool: The people concerned will probably post their names.:)
Anybody else would be most welcome:)
If it is anywhere near as good as the Cromford meet, it will be fantastic:cool:, so come on guys, the more the merrier:cool:
Nothing is cast in stone, anything considered:D

Yogihughes
09-03-2008, 10:14
I'd like to be there but I'll be in Germany (Fallingbostel).

cipro
09-03-2008, 12:02
Hi guys will be in the peak district from the Thursday:cool: If anybody is thinking of going there are alot of camp sites fully booked:eek:

Geoff.W
09-03-2008, 14:59
Hi folks, Up to now there are three motorhomes definitely coming,:cool: The people concerned will probably post their names.:)
Anybody else would be most welcome:)
If it is anywhere near as good as the Cromford meet, it will be fantastic:cool:, so come on guys, the more the merrier:cool:
Nothing is cast in stone, anything considered:D

Just to say that we will be there and the agenda for Betws-y-Coed - Thurs Caernarfon - Fri etc. sounds good to us.

I'd also like to echo Grath's comments about making it a good meet, so come on anyone else up for it.

ladytramp
09-03-2008, 17:37
Im coming, but there again I would be wouldn't I;)
Lets make it a nice one:cool:

grath
12-03-2008, 18:40
Are there any more definate takers for the Easter Wales meet Wilding at the coast or are you all going to CAMP SITES:eek:
or doing the garden;)
or washing your hair (if you have any):rolleyes:

sammclouis
14-03-2008, 18:59
hi yes im coming with george and tara to wales for easter..cant wait..just hope weather is as good as last year ;)

hillwalker
14-03-2008, 21:01
finding a big hill to
roll our eggs..that's easter...:D:D

Geoff.W
14-03-2008, 23:24
Come on you lot.

Easter is less than a week away and from the lack of comments on here I recon most of you must be staying at home, either that or you're keeping your plans a closely guarded secret.

This is the friendly forum, but if no one knows where you're going how can they come and say hello. Is nobody else really intrested in coming to North Wales or meeting up with Cipro in the Peak district.

I know the weather forcast doesn't look to good but we drove through snow when we went to Cromford and still had a couple of good days.

To all those who do brave the elements next week HAPPY CAMPING.

teachertrish
15-03-2008, 07:51
we are keen on a visit,but someone will have to tell us what meet will be easier for us,we are leaving aberdeenshire and going to towtal for a tuesday am appointment, I guess the roads will be busy and we have sat nav...

grath
15-03-2008, 08:04
we are keen on a visit,but someone will have to tell us what meet will be easier for us,we are leaving aberdeenshire and going to towtal for a tuesday am appointment, I guess the roads will be busy and we have sat nav...

Hi Teachertrish, only you can decide which meet is easier to drive to, but you would be most welcome at the Wales meet:)
As you know, I live near to towtal and the roads will not be too bad from Wales to Stoke as you do not need to use M ways.
We are not planning to keep to any sort of agenda, we just do as we all please (individual or as a group)
If you do decide to come, I would recommend that you miss out the Thursday night at Betwesycoed and go straight to Caernarfon as a much easier drive along the M way that goes along the top of Wales.
If you do decide to come, please let us know and we will give directions as to where we will be

grath
15-03-2008, 08:29
Come on you lot.

Easter is less than a week away and from the lack of comments on here I recon most of you must be staying at home, either that or you're keeping your plans a closely guarded secret.

This is the friendly forum, but if no one knows where you're going how can they come and say hello. Is nobody else really intrested in coming to North Wales or meeting up with Cipro in the Peak district.

I know the weather forcast doesn't look to good but we drove through snow when we went to Cromford and still had a couple of good days.

To all those who do brave the elements next week HAPPY CAMPING.

As Geoff says "come on you lot":)

Folks coming up to now are:cool:

1/Geoff, & wife Claire, son Stephen & daughter Cloie (cant spell)
2/Sammclouis, George Telford & daughter Tara
3/Grath & her that must be obeyed (Kath) Ladytramp.
4/Shaunwelder
A few more names would be nice, so as Geoff says, "Come on":cool:

walkers
15-03-2008, 08:51
As Geoff says "come on you lot":)

Folks coming up to now are:cool:

Geoff, & wife Claire, son Stephen & daughter Cloie (cant spell)
Sammclouis, George Telford & daughter Tara
Grath & her that must be obeyed (Kath) Ladytramp.
A few more names would be nice, so as Geoff says, "Come on":cool:
too far for us and lots of work to do at home but have a great weekend all

grath
15-03-2008, 10:39
too far for us and lots of work to do at home but have a great weekend all

Thanks Tony, I hope you also have a good weekend:)
I think this just may be an interesting meet;):D
Come on Guys & Dolls, the more the merrier & what about the Bala crowd, your not far away at all:D
Come & join us & have a little fun and put faces to user names

grath
15-03-2008, 15:49

Rebbyvid does not post here any more but he is aware of where we are going this Easter and if he and Jaine are in the area they will give us a call:cool:
Just stocked the M/H up for the weekend:D:D

jenspen
15-03-2008, 17:36
We are going down Lancashire to visit the kids and grandkids.
Anyone staying near Settle or around Pendle Hill near Burnley?

Yogihughes
16-03-2008, 09:39
Off to Fallingbostel for Easter.
That is somewhere between Hamburg and Hanover.

grath
16-03-2008, 13:32
I sincerely hope that wherever anybody goes this coming Easter that you all have a good time:cool:
Enjoy, enjoy!!!:cool:

lenny
16-03-2008, 19:39
I sincerely hope that wherever anybody goes this coming Easter that you all have a good time:cool:
Enjoy, enjoy!!!:cool:

Thanks Graham for the nice sentiments although I know you are a little disapointed in the response you have been getting to your kind invite.
Wales is a little too far for us and as you know I am still trying to convince Christine that wilding is the way forward so it will be a campsite over easter I,m afraid.
However following our camping weekend at Haggerston Castle with the grandkids in which she was'nt impressed I showed her a couple of places I had wilded without her and I think she's beginning to sway a bit towards my way of thinking. The last one I showed her was one of Trevors favourite spots in Amble by the beach where we met Mick and his wife(a friend of trevor's) who had just stayed the night. Christine really liked this spot and I think she may give it a go when the time is right, also I think she may feel a little more comfortable if there were more like minded people present rather than camping alone, so a meet that we can attend could be the answer.
Hope to see you all this year with Christine and the bairns on board:)

grath
16-03-2008, 19:45
Thanks Graham for the nice sentiments although I know you are a little disapointed in the response you have been getting to your kind invite.
Wales is a little too far for us and as you know I am still trying to convince Christine that wilding is the way forward so it will be a campsite over easter I,m afraid.
However following our camping weekend at Haggerston Castle with the grandkids in which she was'nt impressed I showed her a couple of places I had wilded without her and I think she's beginning to sway a bit towards my way of thinking. The last one I showed her was one of Trevors favourite spots in Amble by the beach where we met Mick and his wife(a friend of trevor's) who had just stayed the night. Christine really liked this spot and I think she may give it a go when the time is right, also I think she may feel a little more comfortable if there were more like minded people present rather than camping alone, so a meet that we can attend could be the answer.
Hope to see you all this year with Christine and the bairns on board:)

HI Lenny,
Thanks for your comments.:cool:
Yes I think that a meet with like minded people with similar interests is what it is all about and as you say, it is better than wilding alone as much safer.
Enjoy your Easter:):):)

shaunwelder
16-03-2008, 19:59
hi all
im shaun my partner is julie..........
we are in wakefield westyorkshire
been watching this forum for a few days but not been able to post.
was lookin on the net for motorhoming in wales and came across this site
so once again hi all.

grath
16-03-2008, 20:01
hi all
im shaun my partner is julie..........
we are in wakefield westyorkshire
been watching this forum for a few days but not been able to post.
was lookin on the net for motorhoming in wales and came across this site
so once again hi all.

Welcome to Wildcamping.:)
Enjoy and have fun:cool::cool:

shaunwelder
16-03-2008, 20:09
thanks
grath......
is there any decent beach fishing in wales.
sorry for any mistakes i make but this is
my first time on any forum spose i will get
used to it :confused:

grath
16-03-2008, 20:13
thanks
grath......
is there any decent beach fishing in wales.
sorry for any mistakes i make but this is
my first time on any forum spose i will get
used to it :confused:

Sorry, but don,t fish so cant really help you.
I have seen people fishing from the Beach at Caernarfon, where we are going this Easter and I have seen them also fishing from the beach at Aberywystwith (spelt wrong).
They probably fish from most beaches, but weather good or bad, I have no idea:eek:
You would be most welcome to join the meet as would anybody else

shaunwelder
16-03-2008, 20:20
Sorry, but don,t fish so cant really help you.
I have seen people fishing from the Beach at Caernarfon, where we are going this Easter and I have seen them also fishing from the beach at Aberywystwith (spelt wrong).
They probably fish from most beaches, but weather good or bad, I have no idea:eek:
You would be most welcome to join the meet as would anybody else

we were thinking of coming to wales at easter never been before
so dont know where we can park.can u please tell me where the
meet is we will be setting off on thurs night.Shaun just looking in
map for caernarfon.

grath
16-03-2008, 20:29
we were thinking of coming to wales at easter never been before
so dont know where we can park.can u please tell me where the
meet is we will be setting off on thurs night.Shaun just looking in
map for caernarfon.

Thursday night the meet starts at Betweycoed railway station car park (far end)
This is a tourist station and not a main line and a very nice location in Snowdonia national park. Just like a French aire.
Fri night is at Caernarfon.
If you find the Castle, there is a foot bridge over the river. Imagine you have driven over the footbridge and turn right. We will be a couple of miles along the rd.
BY rd from Caernarfon, head south past Tesco, over a roundabout and then first right and right again. Keep going past the Caravan club site and you will come to the river on your right.
Keep going and you will pass the mentioned foot bridge and castle on your right and we will be a couple of miles along this lane. Past the Golf Club and past a small boat yard.
It is called Aber Foreshore Rd and is after Coed Helen Lane.
It is on Autoroute if you have it.
IF you do decide to come, I will pm my mob no, incase you get lost.
Sat, maybe Beaumaris on Anglesey or anywhere

grath
16-03-2008, 20:32
The pictures at the start of this thread are the meet location:cool:

shaunwelder
16-03-2008, 21:16
Thursday night the meet starts at Betweycoed railway station car park (far end)
This is a tourist station and not a main line and a very nice location in Snowdonia national park. Just like a French aire.
Fri night is at Caernarfon.
If you find the Castle, there is a foot bridge over the river. Imagine you have driven over the footbridge and turn right. We will be a couple of miles along the rd.
BY rd from Caernarfon, head south past Tesco, over a roundabout and then first right and right again. Keep going past the Caravan club site and you will come to the river on your right.
Keep going and you will pass the mentioned foot bridge and castle on your right and we will be a couple of miles along this lane. Past the Golf Club and past a small boat yard.
It is called Aber Foreshore Rd and is after Coed Helen Lane.
It is on Autoroute if you have it.
IF you do decide to come, I will pm my mob no, incase you get lost.
Sat, maybe Beaumaris on Anglesey or anywhere

thanks will meet thur/ night at the railway carpark
could you pm your mob no...........
just in case
is there a few meeting there.......

grath
16-03-2008, 21:22
thanks will meet thur/ night at the railway carpark
could you pm your mob no...........
just in case
is there a few meeting there.......
I may be very late in getting there on thursday and may even be early fri morning, but GeoffW and Sammclouis will be there at about 1830 hrs.
The earliest for me will be after 2130 hrs.
Have pm my mob.
Look fwd to meeting you.
What do we look for?

shaunwelder
16-03-2008, 21:40
I may be very late in getting there on thursday and may even be early fri morning, but GeoffW and Sammclouis will be there at about 1830 hrs.
The earliest for me will be after 2130 hrs.
Have pm my mob.
Look fwd to meeting you.
What do we look for?

ok thanks
g reg talbot large motorhome fawn colour two large spotlights on front

sorry for taking so long to reply new to this..................:confused:

grath
16-03-2008, 21:44
ok thanks
g reg talbot large motorhome fawn colour two large spotlights on front

sorry for taking so long to reply new to this..................:confused:

Thanks, I have added your name to the list higher up in the thread.
Might be better for you to look out for Sams van or Geoffs as I will be late, but we usually park at the far end of the station car park at Betwesycoed (nice & quiet)

shaunwelder
16-03-2008, 21:51
[QUOTE=grath;31382]Thanks, I have added your name to the list higher up in the thread.
Might be better for you to look out for Sams van or Geoffs as I will be late, but we usually park at the far end of the station car park at Betwesycoed (nice & quiet)[/QUOTE

ok
got your mob
see u all thur approx 21.00:D

grath
16-03-2008, 21:55
[QUOTE=grath;31382]Thanks, I have added your name to the list higher up in the thread.
Might be better for you to look out for Sams van or Geoffs as I will be late, but we usually park at the far end of the station car park at Betwesycoed (nice & quiet)[/QUOTE

ok
got your mob
see u all thur approx 21.00:D

Safe journey:cool:

shaunwelder
16-03-2008, 22:07
thanks
going to bed.......
work in morning
catch u all later
byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Geoff.W
17-03-2008, 16:25
Hi Shaun.

Great news that your going to join us in Wales.

All being well we should be at Betws-y-coed quite early so look out for my camper.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd217/Geoff_whiley/DSC00345.jpg

It's quite distinctive so you shouldn't miss it.

Look forward to seeing you there.

grath
17-03-2008, 17:15
Hi Folks,
I have a very busy week ahead of me and therefore, I will not be on here much to answer any questions about the meet.:(
I have posted where it is and I am sure that as Sammclouis knows the area nearly as well as me that she could answer any questions :cool:(if she is on the pc):confused:
Also I have informed GeoffW of the locations and maybe Geoff can help:cool:
For my self, I hope to be at Betwesycoed late on Thursday evening, but failing that, we will either see everyone at Betwesycoed on Friday morning or at Caernarfon later on Friday.
Just depends how work goes as lots of miles to do this week:eek:
Maybe someone could google it:cool:
edit
Please see post 91 for directions

grath
17-03-2008, 17:19
Up to date van count coming to Wales meet
1/ Geoffw, Claire, Stephen & Chloe:cool:
2/Sammclouis & Georgetelford:cool:
3/Grath & Ladytramp:cool:
4/Shaunwelder & partner?:cool:

grath
18-03-2008, 17:30
Up to date van count coming to Wales meet
1/ Geoffw, Claire, Stephen & Chloe:cool:
2/Sammclouis & Georgetelford:cool:
3/Grath & Ladytramp:cool:
4/Shaunwelder & partner?:cool:

Come on and join us, all you folks who say you love Wales:cool:
The more the merrier!!!:D

J&A
18-03-2008, 19:51
Hi
J here from J&A

were free from friday am just started wild camping, usually do anglesey and ross, can anyone give us sites within wales north or south for this weekend? :rolleyes:

lenny
18-03-2008, 20:05
Hi
J here from J&A

were free from friday am just started wild camping, usually do anglesey and ross, can anyone give us sites within wales north or south for this weekend? :rolleyes:

Just flick back through the posts in this thread and I'm sure Grath andco. will welcome you both to thier meet with open arms.

Have a great weekend, wish I was there:)

grath
18-03-2008, 20:07
Hi
J here from J&A

Hi J & A.
As lenny says, the locations are in this thread and you would be most welcome:cool:
Just come along and chat and do your own thing.
What ever you want:cool::cool:

Polly
18-03-2008, 21:41
WELL
What a thread.
I have spent the last 30 minutes and a glass of red wine reading through from page 1.
I am now feeling -----
I am committed with the c&cc this easter.
but this would have been a perfect introduction for me to WILD CAMPING
Going off the directions for carnevon (stockport spelling) I know this part.
At the beginning I was going down the lines of the car park next to Morrisons but the other weekend when passing through by car and stopping for a wee at morrisons the BIG free car and coach park as now been taken over (well a good part of it)by flat/housing developers.
But as I said I know roughly where you are all going and I feel a little jealous No a lot jealous.
not putting a damper on easter but is it to early to think about May day and what we call Whit (end of may)
HAVE A GLASS /BOTTLE OR 2 ON ME ENJOY YOURSELVES AND I LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR DRUNKEN REVIEWS.

Hazy-thoughts
19-03-2008, 15:03
During a break I like Polly have too read the thread through, it makes a good read and I am sure you will all have a great time.
Unfortunately I cant join you as I hope to be meeting a huge carp. She isnt aware of my attraction to her, so I guess she will be a little suprised.
To be Honest.....I will be gobsmacked too, she hasn't turned up yet for any of our "dates". :)

I am sorry I cant join you all, but wish you all a great trip, and look forward to reading all about it soon.

ps, Watch the weather out there this weekend peoples ;)

grath
19-03-2008, 17:14
Hi Guys.
It looks like we will be missing out the Betwesycoed part of the meet :(and will be heading directly to Caernarfon and will see everybody there on Friday when ever you arrive:cool:
We wouldn't be at Betwesycoed until late (too late to meet up) therefore we have decided to take the easier road along the top of Wales.:D
I trust that Sammclouis will show everybody the way from Betwesycoed, but if any of you get lost Geoff has my mob number:)
Look forward to meeting everybody:cool:
Safe journey to all:cool::)

grath
20-03-2008, 05:36
Last chance to join us Guys & Gals.
This is the day we go, so come on and join us
Last post pre meet from me.
Directions have been posted so you all know where we will be:D
or
are you washing your hair;):rolleyes:
HAPPY EASTYER :cool:

Hazy-thoughts
20-03-2008, 10:12
Have a good trip evreybody thats going on the trip to Wales, or wherever you are heading this weekend :)

hillwalker
24-03-2008, 16:48
Have a good trip evreybody thats going on the trip to Wales, or wherever you are heading this weekend :)

we spent the easter weekend in glencoe,the weather was wild.. love it ,love it:D:D:D

lenny
24-03-2008, 19:01
Still waiting for news from the Welsh Wanderers on their easter meet,:confused:, hope they hav'nt got snowed in:eek::D

grath
24-03-2008, 19:06
Still waiting for news from the Welsh Wanderers on their easter meet,:confused:, hope they hav'nt got snowed in:eek::D

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2010.jpg

The Welsh Wanders meet
Shaunwelder and Julie Van
GeoffW & family van
Grath & Ladytramps van
Sammclouis & George Telfords van
Rebbyvids van
We had a great time :cool:and the weather was not too bad, just damn cold and windy:eek:

grath
24-03-2008, 19:09
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2026.jpg

Some of the Welsh wanderers:eek:

lenny
24-03-2008, 19:12
Thanks,Graham, really pleased for you all and a great pic to boot, hope you returned home safely .:)

grath
24-03-2008, 19:13
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2021.jpg

At Beaumaris (Anglesey)

grath
24-03-2008, 19:27
Thanks to everybody for a great weekend, we had a better turn out than expected and everybody mucked in to make it a most enjoyable occasion:cool:

The people who came were
Geoffw, wife Claire, son Stephen & daughter Chloe.
Sammclouis & partner George Telford & daughter Tara.
Shaunwelder & partner Julie.
Rebbyvid, left Jaine at home to earn a bit of dosh:D sorry you couldn't make it Jaine as you were working:eek:
Me, Grath & Ladytramp (Kath)
I think that we may have drunk the supermarkets dry of wine :eek::D
Nearly forgot,
Thanks to Sam & George for the kind hospitality in their large A class motorhome (used as the evening meeting place (pub & bar) as a super large seating area:cool: hope we didn't make too much of a mess:confused:
Thanks again and I hope that everybody else had as good a Easter as we did.
Thanks

lenny
24-03-2008, 19:44
Well done to you all:), no one can accuse you lot of being fair weather wilders, must admit I was hooked up on a site this weekend:eek: which makes life a little easier, but after chatting to the wife about your meet ,I think she agreed to share one of your meets in the future,(safety in numbers, and all that),keep up the good work and looking forward to hearing from the rest of the Welsh Wanderers;):D

grath
24-03-2008, 19:52
Well done to you all:), no one can accuse you lot of being fair weather wilders, must admit I was hooked up on a site this weekend:eek: which makes life a little easier, but after chatting to the wife about your meet ,I think she agreed to share one of your meets in the future,(safety in numbers, and all that),keep up the good work and looking forward to hearing from the rest of the Welsh Wanderers;):D

Thanks Lenny, pleased you had a good time and YES, you must join us some time:cool:
We did loose Shaun & Julie though:eek:
Very strange:D Shaun went fishing one night, never to return;),
we think that he ended up in the belly of a great white:eek.
maybe we could give him a call on his moby and see if the ring can be heard.
Just like mobydick:D

sundown
24-03-2008, 20:02
glad to see you all had a good time
really friendly looking bunch
its seems strange, having never met any of you
I can still tell whos' who in the photos
and which van is yours.
im sure youll be planing many more meets this summer

grath
24-03-2008, 20:05
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2011.jpg
The Menai Suspension Bridge

grath
24-03-2008, 20:08
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2006.jpg

grath
24-03-2008, 20:14
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2017.jpg
Beaumaris Castle

grath
24-03-2008, 20:15
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_2027.jpg
Thought I had better put a picture with me in it, just to show that I didn't break the camera lense:D:D
This picture was taken by Stephen

Topic and Wanderer
24-03-2008, 20:18
Glad you all had a good time. We also picked a hook up site near Tal-y-Llyn by Dolgellau and boy were we glad of the heating after a long days walking around Cadair Idris. We did wild on the Thurs night and found a lovely spot up in the hills. Looking forward to joining one of you meets soon. :)

grath
24-03-2008, 20:25
Glad you all had a good time. We also picked a hook up site near Tal-y-Llyn by Dolgellau and boy were we glad of the heating after a long days walking around Cadair Idris. We did wild on the Thurs night and found a lovely spot up in the hills. Looking forward to joining one of you meets soon. :)

You and a few others that were in Wales, should have joined us as all were welcome and we would have had an even better time:cool:
But look forward to it in the future:)

grath
24-03-2008, 20:26
glad to see you all had a good time
really friendly looking bunch
its seems strange, having never met any of you
I can still tell whos' who in the photos
and which van is yours.
im sure youll be planing many more meets this summer

I'm the ugly one with the dirty m/h:D

Topic and Wanderer
24-03-2008, 20:30
You and a few others that were in Wales, should have joined us as all were welcome and we would have had an even better time:cool:
But look forward to it in the future:)

Thanks for the invite but we had already arranged to go away with caravanning friends -working on converting them to motorhomers!

sammclouis
24-03-2008, 20:49
Thanks to everybody for a great weekend, we had a better turn out than expected and everybody mucked in to make it a most enjoyable occasion:cool:

The people who came were
Geoffw, wife Claire, son Stephen & daughter Chloe.
Sammclouis & partner George Telford & daughter Tara.
Shaunwelder & partner Julie.
Rebbyvid, left Jaine at home to earn a bit of dosh:D sorry you couldn't make it Jaine as you were working:eek:
Me, Grath & Ladytramp (Kath)
I think that we may have drunk the supermarkets dry of wine :eek::D
Nearly forgot,
Thanks to Sam & George for the kind hospitality in their large A class motorhome (used as the evening meeting place (pub & bar) as a super large seating area:cool: hope we didn't make too much of a mess:confused:
Thanks again and I hope that everybody else had as good a Easter as we did.
Thanks

had a great easter and enjoyed meeting some new people....you were all more than welcome to use our van as the meeting "pub" point....we had fun and not too much mess!! cant wait until the next meet...thanks to everyone for a great time...samm x :cool:

GeorgeTelford
24-03-2008, 20:59
Great to meet everyone, great fun, that first night at Caernarfon seems ages ago now, look forward to seeing you all again soon...

Geo

ladytramp
24-03-2008, 21:14
Great few days folks pity the weather wasn't a bit better but next time hopefully the sun will shine.!!!!! Thanks to everyone for a great time.
I've done an Ode to Shaun and Julie and hope they both enjoyed themselves. too!!!

Shaun and Julie went Welsh Wandering one day
They wanted to see lots of places on the way
Conway and Betws y coed we all headed for
Shaun and Julie went to the sea shore
Shaun wanted to catch some fish
For Julie to make a lovely dish
They never arrived at the stated place
And also never left a trace
Did Shaun end up like Jonah in the belly of a whale
Or are they going to tell us another tale
They couldn't get drunk 'cause they left us their booze
So we had plenty time to choose
Do we drink to their health and good cheer
And replace the booze another year

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK WE DID???????????????????

cipro
25-03-2008, 12:02
HI to all Welsh wanderers another success :D on a wild meet.
Glad you had good time. hope you all got back safe and sound:)

We had 1 wild camp at the bottom of treak cavern peak district and 3 nights at Bradwell camp site enjoyed snow en all:D:D Will do pics soon.

Once again well done WEEELLLLSSSHHH wanderers:cool:

grath
25-03-2008, 17:43
Great few days folks pity the weather wasn't a bit better but next time hopefully the sun will shine.!!!!! Thanks to everyone for a great time.
I've done an Ode to Shaun and Julie and hope they both enjoyed themselves. too!!!

Shaun and Julie went Welsh Wandering one day
They wanted to see lots of places on the way
Conway and Betws y coed we all headed for
Shaun and Julie went to the sea shore
Shaun wanted to catch some fish
For Julie to make a lovely dish
They never arrived at the stated place
And also never left a trace
Did Shaun end up like Jonah in the belly of a whale
Or are they going to tell us another tale
They couldn't get drunk 'cause they left us their booze
So we had plenty time to choose
Do we drink to their health and good cheer
And replace the booze another year

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK WE DID???????????????????

Me thinks that instead of Shaun catching and eating a fish, that the fish caught and eat Shaun:eek::D

cipro
25-03-2008, 17:47
Me thinks that instead of Shaun catching and eating a fish, that the fish caught and eat Shaun:eek::D

So you have got a fellow wanderer still wandering possably eaten and lost, so come on whats the big scoop on this:eek:

grath
25-03-2008, 17:51
So you have got a fellow wanderer still wandering possably eaten and lost, so come on whats the big scoop on this:eek:

No big scoop!
Shaun is a keen fisherman and we think he may have got eaten by a shark or a whale:D;)

cipro
25-03-2008, 17:53
No big scoop!
Shaun is a keen fisherman and we think he may have got eaten by a shark or a whale:D;)

Scoop enough :cool: could make tabloids tomorrow:D

tresrikay
25-03-2008, 19:18
So glad the Welsh Wanderers had such a good time, I was not left out, the caravan near to us had a red dragon hitch cover. Hope to be at the next one.

grath
26-03-2008, 05:44
Missing!!:eek:
Where is Shaunwelder & where is Geoffw:confused:
Have they both been lost to the whale:confused::eek::D
Hope they both got home safely
They seek them here, they seek them there:D

Polly
26-03-2008, 17:20
what a great thread!!!!
14 pages
138 replies
WOW
it just shows how interested we are in wild camping

grath
26-03-2008, 17:39
Thanks Polly,
We do as we say and we say as we do:D
We wild and we use campsites, but most of all we use our M/H when ever we can.
We have been accused of been arm chair:D campers and even possers:eek:
Little do they know:D
We have fun and sometimes we just chill out, whatever suits our fancy:)

grath
26-03-2008, 21:09
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1019.jpg
An old disused bridge at Betwesycoed

lenny
26-03-2008, 21:48
Nice pics ,Graham, but recent posts have got me thinking:rolleyes:,and studying maps of Wales tells me that you have your own little paradise on your doorstep, very much like us with Scotland just up the road. Does'nt it make you think that Wales is a bit under rated?.

shaunwelder
27-03-2008, 17:43
hi guys
sorry for the delay
i would like to thank all u guys for the warm welcome
cant wait to do it again.
sorry for not making the last night with u all started fishing at (criccieth ) and forgot about all the world //////// fisher men often do that //////.....
didnt catch anything but the place was outstanding..
SO THANKS....AND CANT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN..

grath
27-03-2008, 18:29
hi guys
sorry for the delay
i would like to thank all u guys for the warm welcome
cant wait to do it again.
sorry for not making the last night with u all started fishing at (criccieth ) and forgot about all the world //////// fisher men often do that //////.....
didnt catch anything but the place was outstanding..
SO THANKS....AND CANT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN..

So you were not eaten by Moby Dick:D:D

Road Runner
27-03-2008, 19:02
Not wildcamping:eek:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2363875382_5501813ec7.jpg

We spent the weekend at Cwmcuttan just outside of Llandovery.

Weather was all over the show but a good time was had.

Cwmcuttan caravan CL (www.cwmcuttan.com)

grath
27-03-2008, 19:04
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2363875382_5501813ec7.jpg

We spent the weekend at Cwmcuttan just outside of Llandovery.

Weather was all over the show but a good time was had.

Cwmcuttan caravan CL (www.cwmcuttan.com)

Very pleased that you had a good time John:cool:

hymercamper
27-03-2008, 19:34
Nice to meet a few new faces at weekend and thanks to the old :D:Dfor a good night
rob

grath
27-03-2008, 20:12
Nice to meet a few new faces at weekend and thanks to the old :D:Dfor a good night
rob

Pleased to see you again Rob:cool:

sammclouis
28-03-2008, 17:29
rob

welcome back rob...was good to see you...say hi to jaine...cheers samm :cool:

shaunwelder
29-03-2008, 20:07
hi guys
still tryin to sort out the starting problem on m/h
so havent spent any time on computer
hope every bodies ok........................sure you all are

SHAUN & JULIE

NOT STOPING LONG GOING FISHING IN MORNING...............................

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS