PDA

View Full Version : M9 J10 A84 Nr Stirling

johnmac185
23-04-2013, 19:54
Stayed here o/night, near to VOSA weighbridge, can self weigh your vehicle free, 56.134951,-3.969884

gaz2676
23-04-2013, 20:18
where you playin on the weighbridge all night

johnmac185
23-04-2013, 20:26
where you playin on the weighbridge all night

no, actually i did weigh on the way in at night, and then i did in morning on way out,, good fun,,you get a printed ticket if weighbridge is open for checking vehicles

gaz2676
23-04-2013, 20:35
shoulda weighed on the way in and on the way out weigh yerself again but this time totally naked and then subtract the difference..... simples

Wooie1958
24-04-2013, 04:47
Stayed here o/night, near to VOSA weighbridge, can self weigh your vehicle free, 56.134951,-3.969884

Hi Johnmac,

Do you get much noise from the Motorway at night ?

I know a few nice places but the " roar " from the Motorways can be a problem.

Mad Manx
24-04-2013, 06:49
VOSA aka wheel tappers and shunters ill give them a miss don't fancy having a unplanned inspection :hammer:

johnmac185
24-04-2013, 07:25
Hi Johnmac,

Do you get much noise from the Motorway at night ?

I know a few nice places but the " roar " from the Motorways can be a problem.
Hi Wooie
Not much of a roar that i noticed, if u park correctly there is a stretch of the A84 between u and the motorway, i have got used to the road noise as i live only 20 ft from a main trunk road,,,John

Wooie1958
24-04-2013, 07:57
VOSA aka wheel tappers and shunters ill give them a miss don't fancy having a unplanned inspection :hammer:

The question has to be ........................ Why Not ?

Have you got something to hide ?.............Is it not Roadworthy ?............Are you Way Overloaded ?

I`ve no problem at all about having VOSA check mine.

Wooie1958
24-04-2013, 12:54
Overloading is often just a moneymaking scam. If I send a cheque to some bloody official he gives me a bit of tin to up my gross weight, nothing else, so sod them, it has nothing to do with safety in many cases. As to being checked by VOSA, they could well find something ridiculously irrelevant such as a dead bulb and you could have to go along to a test station to have a PG9 ticket revoked. Who profits from that??

It pays not to be too sanctimonious when this lot get going, they are a self funded enterprise these days after all.... and test stations having a quick peek at lights etc help fill the coffers...

Avoid the sodding place, diesel thieves through the night and VOSA through the day=a rubbish spot to stay any length of time.

There is absolutely no way they are going to issue a Prohibition Notice for a blown bulb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mad Manx
25-04-2013, 08:22
I have only been pulled by VOSA once and got out without any paperwork or enforcements :dance: and once by the old ministry of transport when i drove long distance :dance:
I just don't like the idea of risking problems our Vehicle testing is different over here we don't have MOT's but we do have road side testing and if any faults or wear is found it's an automatic enforcement notice and represent for full test at government testing center for a full test within 4 days !or at their discretion they impound the vehicle ,
Also any wear present is down to the examiner's interpretation ! Not down to the testers manual of tolerances.
When we import a vehicle if its over 2 years old it has to be tested before we can tax it the last time i did this was with a land rover they took 2 hrs to test it and only found a head light fault and a damaged seat belt both of which i left for them to find but they missed all the seat belt bots being dangerously corroded !

So you will have to excuse me wanting to give them a wide berth .

gaz2676
25-04-2013, 08:34
countless times ive been pulled onto the plate all over the country many many times there has been immigration, dhss, customs an excise,drug sniffer dogs .....all waiting to talk to you.... aint just vosa out there at these stations.... only thing missin was the fashion police
maybe you think ya got nothin to hide but its a good idea to give these places a wide berth also keep recent diesel receipts saves you gettin your tanks dipped by customs & excise who are lookin for folk running red derv in the tank

Wooie1958
25-04-2013, 10:31
I`m obviously in the " Minority " here not minding being pulled by VOSA and the associated Agencies that are there.

The more " Illegals " they get off the road the better as far as i am concerned.

Over the years i`ve been pulled on that many occasions from my Class 1 days to the present i`ve lost count and i`ve never had a problem.

Went out yesterday and the one at the end of the M65 ( Bamber Bridge ) was up and running and it was full.

As we came back along the motorway we passed one being take in with the " Follow Me " sign lit up in the rear window of a Traffic Car.

As you approach it you have a very good view of what`s going on in there because you are slowing down for the long corner at the end.

The section where they put the Illegal ones had 4 vehicles in it including a Battered Old Hymer ( was that anyone on here ? ) and
1 Continental Wagon and 2 Transit Pick Ups loaded with scrap ( obviously Gypo`s ).

gaz2676
25-04-2013, 10:41
i aint got nowt to hide by any stretch of the imagination..... but its a bit of a hassle answering questions to a jumped up official who is havin a bad day and then have his bloody dog jump all over yer junk could do without it really ya cant tell me his paws are clean when hes jumpin all over me bed and for the customs its far easier to keep the last receipt of a fill up he ll more likely look at time date and save himself the job of dippin the tank and me the hassle .......oh and yes i agree get the illigal unsafe vehicles off the round i dont avoid ministry check points cos 9 times outa 10 all routes are coverered and if they think you acting sus they drag ya back anyway....my vehicles are legal roadworthy wouldnt like to wake up in the morn to a windsreen full of people with clip boards and would just love to get on with my journey peacefully gives them more time to deal with the naughty people

gaz2676
25-04-2013, 10:58
hhhmmm well ill tell ya you would nt find me driving hgv again for a bloody pension no way
so glad i got outta that loved it at first but the bloody attitude of people its almost like your a third rate citizen in this country European drivers hate it over here .....ya can see why ...no now i do what i want when i want earn more money far less hours lifes GHHHHOOOOD when i wanna go long distance i have a camper not a ****ty scania ...miss me train horns tho

Mad Manx
25-04-2013, 12:29
Last time I go pulled by VOSA in 2010 I asked why I was pulled and was told vehicle inspection
She then asked when it last had an MOT her face was a picture when I said maybe 1970 but I wasn’t sure !

Oh and i left with zero enforcement or paperwork :tongue:

gaz2676
25-04-2013, 12:38
but any hoooow nice spot if a little iffy

philbert
20-05-2013, 21:37
but any hoooow nice spot if a little iffy

a little iffy its ***** central some days
only park here as a last resort would be my advice.

doesn't like the word p*ikey

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS