PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I may be being a bit blonde, but ....where can I park????

Jovialsam
13-05-2013, 12:30
Hi

I'm new to the site and new to motorhoming!!!

Can I just park anywhere thats a legal parking spot??? I joined to get the places to park download, but it would seem that there isnt much in Bristol?
All I want to do is park near Blaise castle when there is a concert in a few weeks, so If anyone can advise me, that would be brill.
I cant seem to see pubs on this google earth thing, just lots of red pins that seem to point to industrial estates and things.
Is that the usual?? is that the wild camping spots, where you can park trucks in laybys and industrial estates, its legal to park a motorhome and stay in it?

Sorry if i'm being blonde, I just want to be sure I dont do the wrong thing!!!
Thanks
:dog:

frontslide
13-05-2013, 13:53
The Fox, Easter Compton doesn't seem far from Blaise Castle?.
Click on "POI Download" at the top of the page and have a read of the:- User Guide - England, Wales & Scotland this will explain things Blondie:cool:

BambiOwner
13-05-2013, 14:08
When I had a smaller motorhome I used to park up on a housing estate and sleep over night, I did once ask at a police station about this and I was told that as long as I did not put any thing out side of the van (bucket or waste water collector) I was in their view only parked but as soon as you put any thing out side the van you are living there so just make sure that when you park up to draw the blinds and keep every thing inside, a different matter if you are awy out of town with no houss around you. Just remember where ever you park up not to stay to long as this draws attention to you and may be spoil it for others.
Regards
Bambiowner

landyrubbertramp
13-05-2013, 15:14
Good advice from bambi

GoG
13-05-2013, 17:26
hi

l used to live in westbury on trym which is not far from blaze which is at the top of Lawrence Weston estate. Now if you want wild l would recommend lady's mile on the downs which is 2 mile away from blaze, where l have stayed several times over the last few years with no problem. But as also said Easter Compton which is out by the M5 by cribbs shopping centre

enjoy ted

Jovialsam
13-05-2013, 19:05
hi

l used to live in westbury on trym which is not far from blaze which is at the top of Lawrence Weston estate. Now if you want wild l would recommend lady's mile on the downs which is 2 mile away from blaze, where l have stayed several times over the last few years with no problem. But as also said Easter Compton which is out by the M5 by cribbs shopping centre

enjoy ted

brill thanks, where is ladies mile?

GoG
16-05-2013, 17:08
hi
Lady's mile runs from top of bridge valley Dr to the water tower on the downs. If you find the water tower its the road that runs across the downs at 90deg to the water tower. Anyone will point you onto the downs its by the zoo

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS